Bachmann's Latest Collectors Club Model

Guest spet0114

The magazine arrived here as well. I am particularly disappointed that from next year the club calendar will no longer be featuring the paintings of Malcolm Root, which was the primary reason I have been renewing the subscription these past few years. I think the time has probably come for BCC and I to part company at last. :mellow:

On 08/06/2019 at 14:47, Steamport Southport said:

New magazine dropped through the door this morning. Isn't it typical that they have a Members Day that is easy for me to get to and I'm away at a music festival? Never mind.

As long as they don't announce another Large Prairie..... :P

Posted that in jest. Before anyone analyses what Llangollen have as potential new issues. Not a lot apart from the Wickham DMU. Everything else is already available.

Jason

Thank you for the advance notice about the members' day. By the time I get my June magazine it is usually fully booked. I rang Bachmann this morning to book my place on 7th September.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Members Day yesterday at Llangollen Railway. A good day out at what for me is my local heritage line.

Was a tad disappointed at the lack of any new release or specials. At last years Club Day at Churnett Valley, they surprised us all by having 47 716 in EWS Duke of Edinburgh's Award as a surprise announcement and available to buy and take home on the day. There was also a flyer announcing the 3 Rep edition Class 37's.

With that in mind, I was hoping for something similar yesterday and had fired myself up for a Class 90 in Malcolm livery as an exclusive Collectors Club model. Ah well, as they say, if you don't expect, you won't be disappointed.

There were a few EP's in the display case to look at, the 158, Class 20/3's etc. Will download my photos later and post a few if they're half decent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 08/09/2019 at 06:42, Scottish-Exile said:

Members Day yesterday at Llangollen Railway. A good day out at what for me is my local heritage line.

Was a tad disappointed at the lack of any new release or specials. At last years Club Day at Churnett Valley, they surprised us all by having 47 716 in EWS Duke of Edinburgh's Award as a surprise announcement and available to buy and take home on the day. There was also a flyer announcing the 3 Rep edition Class 37's.

With that in mind, I was hoping for something similar yesterday and had fired myself up for a Class 90 in Malcolm livery as an exclusive Collectors Club model. Ah well, as they say, if you don't expect, you won't be disappointed.

There were a few EP's in the display case to look at, the 158, Class 20/3's etc. Will download my photos later and post a few if they're half decent.

Which are the new 37s please ? Is one the volcano 37/4 ?

Edited by rob D2

• RMweb Premium
On 08/09/2019 at 11:42, Scottish-Exile said:

Thank you for posting this info. It's the first I have heard that their is an EP of the 20/3. I would really appreciate it if you could share any photos that you have of them. 

Hopefully the Malcolm 90 will be announced at some point. It would certainly be a lovely Limited Edition. 

Thank you very much in advance. 

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, rob D2 said:

Which are the new 37s please ? Is one the volcano 37/4 ?

My post was referring to last years Members Day where they released a Class 47 that you could buy & take home that day, as well as distributing a flyer announcing 3 x class 37's.

By comparison, this years Members Day was an anti-climax with no new announcements being made.

Edited by Scottish-Exile
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
40 minutes ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

It's the first I have heard that their is an EP of the 20/3. I would really appreciate it if you could share any photos that you have of them. 

Not great as it was my phone through a glass cabinet, but they look pretty smart.

IMG_20190907_133030.jpg.33b2c62daddb35c0940ce82ddb0151a0.jpg

IMG_20190907_133016.jpg.c3fc8544935b0830264a9148e260d48a.jpg

IMG_20190907_133002.jpg.5df900583ce9f6a16e4e9433b947e647.jpg

IMG_20190907_094209.jpg.760d863bdca677330ef1795c81e6b907.jpg

• Thanks 2

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, Scottish-Exile said:

Not great as it was my phone through a glass cabinet, but they look pretty smart.

IMG_20190907_133030.jpg.33b2c62daddb35c0940ce82ddb0151a0.jpg

IMG_20190907_133016.jpg.c3fc8544935b0830264a9148e260d48a.jpg

IMG_20190907_133002.jpg.5df900583ce9f6a16e4e9433b947e647.jpg

IMG_20190907_094209.jpg.760d863bdca677330ef1795c81e6b907.jpg

5 minutes ago, Scottish-Exile said:

IMG_20190907_094223.jpg.2b51e07956470720ad48d70163890841.jpg

IMG_20190907_124928.jpg.77ff7ec3245da8bc20818907319b41b3.jpg

Thank you very much for posting the photos. I really appreciate it. 

The 20/3 do look excellent. Their is plenty of detailing to the chassis and bogies. I am shocked that they are this far ahead with the 20/3s. I am sure this is the first time EPs have been seen for them, so they must have been produced fairly recently. 

It's also good that you have posted because ideally I would like x4 Compass 20/3s, and now that we have seen some EPs this would suggest that they may be delivered late in 2020, which tells me I need to start saving up. 

44 minutes ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

The 20/3 do look excellent. Their is plenty of detailing to the chassis and bogies. I am shocked that they are this far ahead with the 20/3s. I am sure this is the first time EPs have been seen for them, so they must have been produced fairly recently.  

The 20/3 EPs arrived at the end of May but this was their first public appearance. Deliberately held back for the collectors' club event.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, Simon Bendall said:

The 20/3 EPs arrived at the end of May but this was their first public appearance. Deliberately held back for the collectors' club event.

Thank you for confirming. A nice touch by Bachmann to hold the announcement of the EP back until the show yesterday, where they can be seen. They must have made significant progress on the 20/3s in recent months for them to now be at the EP stage. Maybe even more work has been done on them too if the EP has been completed since May. 

On 08/09/2019 at 11:42, Scottish-Exile said:

Maybe they didn't have them with them, but the announcement is in the magazine.

Northern Belle BG in 00.

RTC Mark 1s in N.

Jason

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

Northern Belle BG in 00.

Jason

Interesting to me, as Bachy had all my photos of this a while ago - it was used during the Tour de Yorkshire cycling https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/brnpccs/e109f98b  https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/brnpccs/e14167037

it was sandwiched between

DRS 20303 https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/brclass20/e11ffa928

& DRS 20305 https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/brclass20/e1dc9cffb

Paul

Edited by hmrspaul
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

On 11/09/2019 at 11:36, Steamport Southport said:

Northern Belle BG in 00.

RTC Mark 1s in N.

Jason

Hi All,

Thought for the day.

So in light of the recent announcement from the BCC about the recently released BG in 'Northern Belle' livery, is it possible they could turn their attentions to the passenger saloons now that they have their superb Mk2F to use as a basis for these coaches.

And they have already produced the class 57 loco in this livery too.

Joined up thinking?

IMG_2939.PNG

Edited by CB Rail
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
40 minutes ago, CB Rail said:

is it possible they could turn their attentions to the passenger saloons now that they have their superb Mk2F....

I doubt it as the prototypes are a mix of Mk2 e and Mk 2 d.

Would like to see them tackle the dining car 325 Duart and kitchen/bar 1566 Caerdydd as then I would have the entire train in model form.