Bachmann's Latest Collectors Club Model

Guest spet0114

22 minutes ago, G567281 said:

G-BOAF,

When did you join and order your J72 ?.

I have been trying to for days now but there seems to be an issue with the “log-in”.

I phoned them!

The website is experiencing problems. They even took it offline yesterday!

Think I will be joining the club for Joem to join my fleet of preserved locos  - had a quick play with an ebay/paypal fee calculator and anyone trying to sell Joem on for the same price (including postage) as the loco + club membership is only make a profit of around £9   and I suspect anyone doing such will be wanting a good few  £ more. Agree with those wondering at the non production of some preserved locos; it might need a tooling tweak but I'm pretty certain an Apple Green K1 2005 would sell quickly.

Edited by Butler Henderson

8 hours ago, Porcy Mane said:

Correct.

So I wonder, will the collectors club "Joem" come with group standard buffers & external rear sandoxes and how long it will be until either pilots, 68723 or 68736  (also had a green SV cover) make an appearance in the standard range?  Maybe not to long as the artwork for the tampos will then be on the factory shelf.

Porcy,

The answers are yes and yes re buffers and rear sandboxes, from the illustration I've seen.

However, in the illustration, it has 3-link couplings, but that would be an easy fix.

Regards,

Roy

1 hour ago, R Marshall said:

However, in the illustration, it has 3-link couplings, but that would be an easy fix.

9/10 for Bachmann then. How does the GS buffers look on the model? My measurement of the buffer beam has it to shallow on the model not leaving the space above the buffers and coupling plate.

603553512_68723-Mk1-BG-Dbeam.jpg.0eb3baca36930223f13fb602b4bd5202.jpg

BUT Joem has the buffers tight up against the running plate flange

Edited by Porcy Mane

10 hours ago, caradoc said:

The images in both links show 68723 in green livery in BR days, not 69023. And the text in the second link states '68723 and 68736 were latterly painted in old LNER light-green livery for station pilot work at Newcastle'. So 69023 in green livery is only valid for the preservation era. 

Apologies, I really did get that wrong! Pleased I didn't imagine that a J72 had worn the livery at some point in service though. Thanks for correcting. :)

• Thanks 1

On 12/02/2020 at 21:49, Porcy Mane said:

9/10 for Bachmann then. How does the GS buffers look on the model? My measurement of the buffer beam has it to shallow on the model not leaving the space above the buffers and coupling plate.

603553512_68723-Mk1-BG-Dbeam.jpg.0eb3baca36930223f13fb602b4bd5202.jpg

BUT Joem has the buffers tight up against the running plate flange

Porcy,

The illustration of the model isn't huge, but I think they've got them at the right position for 69023 (front view only, mind). It's not clear whether they've tried to get the white lining across the top, but, if they have, that's another easy fix.

I'll try to post a pic of 69023 from 2015. Needless to say, the positioning of the buffers hasn't moved.

Regards,

Roy

69023, 2015.02.10, Shildon (2).jpg

• RMweb Gold

For those looking forward to receiving the locos they've ordered have just checked my card account and see that the loco I ordered over the phone last week as soon as the details were announced has been charged to my card today.

Would therefore expect delivery early to mid next week. Hoping to pick up a Next 18 decoder at the Tonbridge MRC Show tomorrow Storm Dennis permitting!

Keith

37 minutes ago, G567281 said:

P.

thanks for posting the pic of the right hand side.

I have never seen an ejector pipe shaped like this except on the BR black model.

Disappointing but fixable I guess. 

Like this one you mean. Also 69023. I think it's the preservationists who have got it wrong. Not so much wrong, more a better looking solution.

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/125329-Bachmann-j72/&do=findComment&comment=3776078

Jason

Edited by Steamport Southport

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Best to ring them up.  The problem has been there for many weeks now and no sign of a solution.  I tried to renew my membership on-line over 4 weeks ago and he problem was old then.

I was tempted to invoice them for the postal charges but didn't.  Perhaps we all should as a protest against the lack of progress.

• 2 months later...

I have just stumbled accross Bachman's latest collectors' club model, a OO gauge Mk1 BG Full Brake 'Laboratory 23' BR RTC (Revised). I don't know how authentic it is given the RTC's habit of modifying vehicles to meet their very specific needs, but it looks good anyhow.495973727_Capturedcran2020-05-0817_18_18.png.2cb9bfe54f7ef13c59fcc2f13831d8bc.png

Edited by Matabiau
Image added
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Matabiau said:

I have just stumbled accross Bachman's latest collectors' club model, a OO gauge Mk1 BG Full Brake 'Laboratory 23' BR RTC (Revised). I don't know how authentic it is given the RTC's habit of modifying vehicles to meet their very specific needs, but it looks good anyhow.495973727_Capturedcran2020-05-0817_18_18.png.2cb9bfe54f7ef13c59fcc2f13831d8bc.png

http://departmentals.com/departmental/975547

Paul

Hi All,

In the past we have  had a Model Zone limited edition of the RTC BG Lab 23 released previously as 39-175Z

My curiosity has got the better of me so I have to ask the question, 'What's the difference between this new BCC edition & the previous model?'

A tweek to the livery, different bogies, an alternative time line, different running number......

I have yet to receive my copy of the BCC magazine so there maybe some detail here

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Edited by CB Rail

• RMweb Gold

It’s a totally different livery,  a later era than the model zone one 

The pic is above, a quick google search of the Bachmann number you quote will bring an image of the modelzone edition up to compare 

• Like 2

On ‎08‎/‎05‎/‎2020 at 17:20, John M Upton said:

And for N scale there is...?

Be nice if the same coach came out from them as if people claim this will match the Kernow RTC 31 it will go well with Farish's own RTC 31

• Agree 1