Bachmann's Latest Collectors Club Model

Guest spet0114

• RMweb Premium

Last Wc loco seemed to hang around a lot. Can’t see that being repeated .

Which was that? As MRDBLUE17 said, the most recent Class 37 and Mk1 Pullman’s ltd editions sold out very quickly and now command high prices on eBay, when they become available.

The WC Class 37 & Pullmans were very popular. I was lucky to get a set when first announced but when my friend asked me to get him a set, the collectors club had sold out. So far I haven't run my 37 as I am redesigning my layout as I am not happy with it and it is taking much longer than I expected as I keep changing my mind. 

For the next club model I would like to see a Class 90 in EWS livery. I know the catalogue Class 90s are not available yet but maybe once available Bachmann will do an EWS version and maybe a DB Schenker version.

Happy modelling

All the best

Charles

Guest spet0114

Almost a c

It's  been a while since we had anything pre-grouping.

Just saying.

Almost a century, in fact....

• RMweb Gold

There was a clue in the last "Trainmail" from the Bachmann Club "... Inside you'll find details of our latest Limited Edition model - we think this new locomotive will be a real champion - "

That’s 61664 eliminated then.

There was a clue in the last "Trainmail" from the Bachmann Club "... Inside you'll find details of our latest Limited Edition model - we think this new locomotive will be a real champion - "

Possibly a racehorse 'champion' - maybe 55015 Tulyar?

The Graham Farish range includes a model of it (371-288) in this year's catalogue listings and many OO gauge limited editions/specials are repeated in N gauge, sometimes in advance of the model coming out in OO!

It was made in OO for the DPS some years back but hasn't the class 55 model been upgraded since then?  I also suspect the exclusivity period would have also elapsed.

Personally, the blue with white windows surrounds give it a more interesting look than say D9009 'Alycidon' in green to me... but D9009 could also be an option?!

Of course, it could be a steam loco and may even be N gauge   :wink_mini:

I guess we will find out some time in the next week or so!

Cheers,

Ixion.

Guest spet0114

D1015?

They're finally using those old Trix Western moulds? :-)

Edited by spet0114

• RMweb Gold

Champion ?

Hmmm

D809 Champion ?

Some kind of van labelled as a horse box ?

An LNER A2 ?

Tinsley blue split box 37 with an unofficial name of a War plane ? - Spitfire, Hurricane etc

Another GW150 class 47 ? (We had two Scr 47/7s so there’s precedent)

A Thomas character, painted as an industrial called Champion ?

For certain it won’t be a late 1980’s blue Tinsley named class 45 with headlights.

I’m Scraping the barrel on that clue.

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Premium

D1015?

They're finally using those old Trix Western moulds? :-)

D809 Champion ?

Another GW150 class 47 ?

How often has Bachmann done GWR/WR Collectors Club Limited Edition locos? I make it once...

In OO from the CC website:

03179 Hornsey depot shunter

Class 37 D6717 - SF allocated

Tornado in grey

Private owner Pannier tank (admittedly in S. Wales)

9F 92203 (preservation)

08484 Port of Felixstowe

08507 BR blue (nationwide)

20188 Waterman Railways

Class 37/4 D6607 Ben Cruachen (sectorisation/privatisation era)

WR Small Prairie 5553 (as preserved)

57601 (nationwide)

66540 (nationwide)

Fairburn 42073 (preservation)

Ivatt 4MT 43050 (NE sheds)

Ivatt 2MT 41241 KWVR

Ivatt 2MT 46441 (preservation)

Jubilee 5593 ‘Kolhapur’

LNER K3 61811

Class 47 D1733 XP64 (nationwide)

75075 End of Steam (SR allocated)

Patriot 45506 'The Royal Pioneer Corps'

85101 RfD

LBSCR E4 Birch Grove

Edited by brushman47544

• RMweb Premium

Have I missed an announcement that Bachmann is taking over the license to produce Thomas and Friends models in the UK? It's current license is for the US, so it cannot sell those models in the UK, whether or not Hornby's license has expired. And if Hornby cannot make it pay, presumably at least in part due to the fee for the license, why would Bachmann want to take the risk? For OO, they would also have to tool for a new range of models to factor in as well. I cannot see the resulting prices being anything like as low as Hornby's and we say they're too high.

Although it's hard to make a definite statement about the scale of a model of an imaginary prototype, the Bachmann Thomas models seem to be more 00 than H0. I think some of the coaches and wagons are from the old Mainline range, and everything has tension lock couplers.

It's the other way round to the H0 tamper and crane that Bachmann sell in a blue box as 00.

I believe that their Skarloey is a fairly faithful representation of Tallyllyn (aside from the face) in 4 mm scale.

So if they did want to sell them in the UK, there would be no new tooling required at all.

This is a long shot, but with the clue "Champion" could it be the 9F 92214 named "Leicester City" after the unexpected triumph of the football team? It would tick the champion box and given that the latest NRM model Evening Star (the 9F) is due in the next month there is a production run of 9Fs going at present.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

This is a long shot, but with the clue "Champion" could it be the 9F 92214 named "Leicester City" after the unexpected triumph of the football team? It would tick the champion box and given that the latest NRM model Evening Star (the 9F) is due in the next month there is a production run of 9Fs going at present.

Now that’s a distinct possibility, it was mentioned in the past there was a desire to model it, in its BR Green livery.

It would be an easy one.

Now where is that model rail event they are sponsoring at in 2 weeks time hmm ?..

https://Bachmann-collectorsclub.co.uk/news/Book_Now_GCR/

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Premium

Now that’s a distinct possibility, it was mentioned in the past there was a desire to model it, in its BR Green livery.

It would be an easy one.

Now where is that model rail event they are sponsoring at in 2 weeks time hmm ?..https://Bachmann-collectorsclub.co.uk/news/Book_Now_GCR/

But Leicester City won the Prem two years ago, so hardy news or relevant to today. And we’ve had a 9F from the Collectors Club before.

I really hope it’s something more ‘current’ than that, ideally a unique version/livery of a recent new release.