Bachmann's Latest Collectors Club Model

Guest spet0114

But Leicester City won the Prem two years ago, so hardy news or relevant to today. And we’ve had a 9F from the Collectors Club before.

I really hope it’s something more ‘current’ than that, ideally a unique version/livery of a recent new release.

It's in the current livery so probably more relevant to the present than 99% of diesels and electrics. It's certainly not how it was back in the day.

Not for me, but I'm sure all the "heritage railway" modellers that we keep getting told there are lots of will hoover it up.

Jason

Edited by Steamport Southport

Nice looking model and all that but once again N Gauge members of the club get nothing.

Hi

Have you let the club know you are disappointed in having nothing to purchase in your chosen scale. I don't mean to sound rude but the more people that say that there disappointed then the better chance you have of getting something

Thanks

Alan

• RMweb Premium

I've mentioned it to the Bachmann chaps at Ally Pally occasionally although I didn't get a chance to chat to them this year unfortunately.

This is a long shot, but with the clue "Champion" could it be the 9F 92214 named "Leicester City" after the unexpected triumph of the football team? It would tick the champion box and given that the latest NRM model Evening Star (the 9F) is due in the next month there is a production run of 9Fs going at present.

Well.. This is a rather proud moment, the first time I have EVER guessed an unknown, unreleased model correctly (first time I have even been close..) Order duly placed  :dance:

• Like 1

I've mentioned it to the Bachmann chaps at Ally Pally occasionally although I didn't get a chance to chat to them this year unfortunately.

Hi

You'd be better of emailing the club as anytime I've spoken to the roadshow team that the advice they give as they normaly forgett to pass it things on

Thanks

Alan

I sent an email to them recently suggesting several models the club have had and the sales rep models could all have been done in N gauge as well - think this 9F is the first in a while that could not have been done in both gauges. Must have missed the cut off for this issue so hopefully they will address it in the next one.

If we don't see anything good in N gauge soon I may have to consider spending money on the club, Dapol at least gives us something N gauge

I sent an email to them recently suggesting several models the club have had and the sales rep models could all have been done in N gauge as well - think this 9F is the first in a while that could not have been done in both gauges. Must have missed the cut off for this issue so hopefully they will address it in the next one.

If we don't see anything good in N gauge soon I may have to consider spending money on the club, Dapol at least gives us something N gauge

Hi

Has there been any model that fits your interest

Thanks

Alan

Hi

You'd be better of emailing the club as anytime I've spoken to the roadshow team that the advice they give as they normaly forgett to pass it things on

Thanks

Alan

After every event the Bachmann Road Show team attend we provide a report to the Senior Management Team which includes information on:

Suggested potential products
Key issues raised
Interest in items on display etc.

The report from last weekends DEMU event was emailed internally by 1100 on Monday morning.

We do take customer feedback seriously (both positive and negative). After all, the whole purpose of attending such events is not only to promote the forthcoming items – it is also to support our retailers who we know value our attendance at shows and to discuss issues face to face with you the consumer.

At DEMU the Class 90, Class 117 EP Sample, Freightliner container flats (FFA/FGA) and TPO Stowage vans generated the most talking points.

We attend shows in each geographical region as well as the larger shows such as Alexandra Palace, Glasgow and Warley. We will be at Quorn & Woodhouse in the marquee for the Great Central Railway event in just over a week and at Horsted Keynes on the Bluebell Railway the weekend after supporting the heritage railway sector. The Club will have a presence at the GCR event.

I can assure you that feedback given will not be forgotten!

Dennis Lovett
Public Relations Manager
Bachmann Europe Plc
  • Like 4

Hi

Has there been any model that fits your interest

Thanks

Alan

If I was modelling OO still then plenty, certainly would have had a few rep limited editions and some of the stuff from the club like XP64 47 and exhibition VGA for starters

Unfortunately, for anyone into N Gauge - OO usually sells better, and if you look - many  "OO" models are available for a relatively long period.  So I think you will find thats why there are very few N Gauge models, OO take long enough to sell 504, and N would take much longer. Bachmann Collectors Club did do some, a good few years ago, but don't think they sold that well.  Think that is the ultimate reason.

Regards,

C.

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Nice, I’m a member but it’s nit listed yet on the club website , how do we get one ?

Launched at the members day today. The new magazine is apparently in the post so I guess will arrive next week with the usual order form.

Incidentally, their Card Machine wasn't working so they couldn't take payments today, but were happy to give out the locos on production of your membership card etc.  They'll be calling me / other purchasers next week for payment.