Guest spet0114

Bachmann's Latest Collectors Club Model

No new CC model today.

Next one is in n gauge in the December magazine, next OO is Q1 2019 magazine.

Ah good! Either the Malcolm 90 or 37407 in DRS LL shall get me to finally be a collector member.

No new CC model today.

Next one is in n gauge in the December magazine, next OO is Q1 2019 magazine.

Another Q1? Oh, I see.  :fool:

Another Q1? Oh, I see.  :fool:

No "N" Gauge RTC mk2. As illustrated on front cover of Bachmann Times.Winter 2018.

Edited by D1051

As the Mk2a FK's have now re-emerged from the black hole they disappeared into at the end of October during the great factory relocation cafuddle I would wager the RTC version for the Collectors Club is now imminent again.

I would counter argue that there has been an awful lot of Collectors Club, regional agents specials and Ltd Editions from Bachmann for OO scale and pretty much naff all for the N side so this is more than welcome.

Okay it is only one coach versus what seems like a tidal wave of 37's but it's a start.

My magazine and calendar arrived today.

N gauge release is an RTC mk2.

Not had chance to read it yet, but caught my eye was the 94xx as at EP stage.

My magazine, calendar and Christmas card (showing a very atmospheric picture of a Deltic and some Mk.2f coaches) also arrived today. 

Magazine looks full of interesting articles, about to start bedtime reading...…

Keith

I would counter argue that there has been an awful lot of Collectors Club, regional agents specials and Ltd Editions from Bachmann for OO scale and pretty much naff all for the N side so this is more than welcome.

Okay it is only one coach versus what seems like a tidal wave of 37's but it's a start.

Totally agree John, the balance of OO to N gauge is one sided - understandable they will favour OO but still, especially when a lot of these collectors club and sales rep models are tooled in N gauge so replication would be easier than starting from scratch

It is one reason why I have slightly reluctantly let my Collectors Club membership lapse.

If the RTC follows others into certain retailers after eighteen months then I may pick it up then.

My magazine, calendar and Christmas card (showing a very atmospheric picture of a Deltic and some Mk.2f coaches) also arrived today. 

Magazine looks full of interesting articles, about to start bedtime reading...…

Keith

Accurascale will be pleased!

Totally agree John, the balance of OO to N gauge is one sided - understandable they will favour OO but still, especially when a lot of these collectors club and sales rep models are tooled in N gauge so replication would be easier than starting from scratch

And there’s a big steam to diesel bias....... the collectors wagon is always a planked steam era thing.....and the calendar is mostly steam ......and the open day is always to ride a steam train.

They are going with their big demographic ......steam in OO.

Edited by rob D2

And there’s a big steam to diesel bias....... the collectors wagon is always a planked steam era thing.....and the calendar is mostly steam ......and the open day is always to ride a steam train.

Not when they came to the GWR we had steam DMU & Diesel running on same day & the members were not restricted to what they traveled on ...

2015-16 collectors club wagon was.37-2015K 14 ton tank wagon "Dorman long"

37-250K 14 ton tank wagon "Charles Roberts"

37-2013K 14 ton tank wagon "Regent"

37-2014K 14 ton tank wagon "Ministry of supply"

Edited by D1051

I'm sorry but your post is flawed. At this years open day event at the Churnet Valley Railway, there were both steam and diesel operating including a BR Blue 33 on passenger duty and cab rides in a Janus, both diesel locos. The new N gauge club model MK2A FK in RTC livery is most definitely not steam era and the previous club model in OO was a 47 in EWS livery, once again not steam. Not to mention when you look at the Works report, in OO gauge the quantity of items at EP sample or later, diesels/DEMUs outnumber steam locos and in N gauge there are as many modern image as steam products in the report.

Wasn’t it wonderful in the days when Bachy would lay on the prototype of a model announced during the club meet? We might have got the big S160 which puffed around behind a Bachy headboard this year.

I feel a bit sorry for Bachmann when it comes to CC limited editions in a way. It doesn't matter what they announce, there's always moans from someone that it doesn't suit their particular interest.

It's impossible for Bachy to please everyone every time. Why not just say nowt if it's not for you and wait until the next one, or whenever it does suit you, and give them a break?

steve

If a CC model from the past doesn’t have a certificate, is it possible to get hold of a replacement certificate from Bachmann?

I am almost certain that the answer is “no”, but wanted to check and hopefully I will be surprised.

A model is for sale on a well known auction site but it has no certificate.

If I recall correctly not all Collectors Club models actually had certificates anyway. If it is one that did then it may be worth seeing if someone here has the same model and doesn't want their certificate.

I personally have never been bothered about them as like most buyers the model is taken out of the box to be run, enjoyed and even modified as desired which is what it should be doing rather than just sitting on a shelf.

If I recall correctly not all Collectors Club models actually had certificates anyway. If it is one that did then it may be worth seeing if someone here has the same model and doesn't want their certificate.

I personally have never been bothered about them as like most buyers the model is taken out of the box to be run, enjoyed and even modified as desired which is what it should be doing rather than just sitting on a shelf.

Yep, I agree and said to the seller that a certificate doesn't affect the locos looks and performance on the track, so I made the purchase. However, if someone does have a certificate for 9F 'Black Prince' that they don't want then I'd be interested in hearing from them :-)

I'm sorry but your post is flawed. At this years open day event at the Churnet Valley Railway, there were both steam and diesel operating including a BR Blue 33 on passenger duty and cab rides in a Janus, both diesel locos. The new N gauge club model MK2A FK in RTC livery is most definitely not steam era and the previous club model in OO was a 47 in EWS livery, once again not steam. Not to mention when you look at the Works report, in OO gauge the quantity of items at EP sample or later, diesels/DEMUs outnumber steam locos and in N gauge there are as many modern image as steam products in the report.

I think not, and I think you are missing the point. Of collectors club models at present , available to buy, 87% are steam era. I’m not talking about the normal shop range, that’s beside the point.

Don’t get me wrong, I think the club is still good value, but the OO collector , modeller of steam I’d wager is their biggest demographic.

The MK2A FK in RTC livery has now been removed from the website.  Does this mean it has sold out already?

The MK2A FK in RTC livery has now been removed from the website.  Does this mean it has sold out already?

my reply from Bachmann yesterday reads, We have sold out of the initial consignment of these however are expecting a further delivery later this week

• Like 1