Flyer says 179.95

Features

Switchable Head & Tail Lights

Interior cab lighting

Fitted driver

Accessory pack

Lady Penelope & International Rescue etched plates

• RMweb Gold

Bit silly this considering its not in this livery currently .... yes i know people may model the era where it wore that but surely the current fade away livery on a 57/3 would be more apt - especially as there isn't a RTR model available.  Seems to me this livery must be causing the manufacturers and issue as no 37s have appeared in it either - tho that may be to do with WIPAC lighting - tho with the 20/3s coming sometime, that might change in the near future....

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Swifty11 said:

£179.99 - ouch.

2 hours ago, Bob83a said:

Not quite a expensive as Swiftly says,

Flyer says 179.95

Features

Switchable Head & Tail Lights

Interior cab lighting

Fitted driver

Accessory pack

Lady Penelope & International Rescue etched plates

Exactly as expensive as Swifty says Bob.   Those features, are standard aren't they?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Not exactly as expensive, 4p cheaper, to a Yorkshireman that’s a whole teabag he could be drying on the washing line for re-use 

And yes they are standard features 

must admit i thought ‘that’s an old livery, not for me’ but seeing the picture it does look rather nice and I may be swayed! 

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium

I think many of us were expecting a Class 90 in one of the SNCB, DB or SNCF liveries or a more recent one-off like First. There have been a lot of Class 47/57s as limited editions recently, so a pause before another one might have been advisable. Hope they sell well/quickly but I suspect not.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, brushman47544 said:

I think many of us were expecting a Class 90 in one of the SNCB, DB or SNCF liveries or a more recent one-off like First. There have been a lot of Class 47/57s as limited editions recently, so a pause before another one might have been advisable. Hope they sell well/quickly but I suspect not.

Personally I believe this one will attract strong sales. 57/3 models have held their value well (generally) with a number of them accumulating in value on a well known popular auction website... Whilst pricing on said website are not necessarily reflective of the market, such as the over inflated ‘buy it now’ prices seen on some products, it gives a good idea. With the model also being complete with Lady Penelope etched nameplates and IR crests, it sets it apart from a lot of the resprays available as most can’t source them due to copyright etc. Although some do have them, it is increasingly difficult to get hold of existing nameplates because the original release from a number of years ago depicting ‘Lady P’ in Virgin colours has become increasingly scarce in recent years.

Although the likes of Rainbow Railways will have sold a lot of 57307s in the cable theft livery, I would think some will sell their respray or relivery it and replace it with the RTR version. 2 resprays have appeared on said well known auction site since this weekends announcement but this could be just a coincidence. 

That aside, there has been a lot of 47/57s. I would love to see Bachmann release some special edition class 90s from the huge variety of liveries they have worn. I’m particularly hopeful of a 90024 in the stunning Malcolm logistics livery. Hopefully we won’t have to wait long. 

Edited by Swifty11
Additional information added

On 25/03/2019 at 19:43, Swifty11 said:

£179.99 - ouch.

You see versions of this in resprays on Ebay, usually from the same firm and they usually are asking in excess of £220. I think it looks well and would be up for getting one.

• Like 1

On 25/03/2019 at 13:17, cambo74 said:

Bit silly this considering its not in this livery currently .... yes i know people may model the era where it wore that but surely the current fade away livery on a 57/3 would be more apt - especially as there isn't a RTR model available.  Seems to me this livery must be causing the manufacturers and issue as no 37s have appeared in it either - tho that may be to do with WIPAC lighting - tho with the 20/3s coming sometime, that might change in the near future....

When I heard that 57307 was a limited edition last weekend, I immediately thought of its current '20 years of DRS' vinyls. Worn since July 2015. Yet it appears this livery is one too far for Bachmann who have previously done delights on the 66s including the Tube Map and a MSC ship. What I do not understand, Dapol accurately model the complex class 68 livery, why can Bachmann not?! 

57307 & 390006 5Z90

Copyright Flickr. Ross McK.

On 25/03/2019 at 22:13, Swifty11 said:

I’m particularly hopeful of a 90024 in the stunning Malcolm logistics livery. Hopefully we won’t have to wait long. 

Here too! This is one 'limited edition' livery I have been looking forward to and my budget for it is unlimited! Its a must have for me! Hopefully a retailer shall be bold to commission this as a limited run, as it shall be one expensive livery for Bachmann to print (cannot help think, Hornby's water labelling would be more suitable). I recall reading that Bachmann does not allow commissions for 18 months after delivery of any new tooling? 

Barton IMGP6960

Copyright Flickr. clagmaster

This is another fairly unique livery for a limited edition - 

A Mk2f BSO in Cruise Saver Travel Express livery

Copyright Flickr. Martin Haynes

• Like 1

On 1 April 2019 at 01:48, rob D2 said:

^^^

you don’t recall the cock up Dapol made of the fade livery on the first 68s then ?

i can’t see a coach that used to run in very limited services being very popular TBH 

They may have messed up but let's be fair they did offer bodyshell replacements for all models effected. 

• Agree 1

On 01/04/2019 at 13:02, Duple said:

I can!

That particular MK2 travelled about quite a lot on lines that didn't usually get much LHCS, would be a great addition to an assortment of modern MK2s

Agreed. Its these kind of liveries that seem to fly out. It would look great with a rake of Virgin Mk2s

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TangerineWizards said:

Agreed. Its these kind of liveries that seem to fly out. It would look great with a rake of Virgin Mk2s

Fair enough, I’d be glad to be wrong. Do you think they will make them though and what loco would be needed to complete the set ?

On 01/04/2019 at 13:02, Duple said:

I can!

That particular MK2 travelled about quite a lot on lines that didn't usually get much LHCS, would be a great addition to an assortment of modern MK2s

Super to hear I am not alone in holding out for this coach as a limited edition. 

Of course, would also need the Oxford Blue Mk2F FOs too... But you are right, ran a good few times with Virgin Mk2F FOs too. 

As for locos. I have ViTrains 47501 & 47813 plus Bachmann 47805 ready for the Cruise Saver! Plus the occasional 37/4 could be used. 

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Duple said:

There was one occasion where it ended up with all sorts latched onto the front due to various failures throughout the day. 

Never understood why they didn't draft 2 GUVs for the rear as the last 2 MK2s were predominantly full of suitcases !

How many mainline registered GUVs are left ?

I can only think of a few BGs too, and they are associated with railtour charter stock.

the ones left are mostly stores vans on preserved railways, maybe some in Civ Eng / Barrier /Network Rail  etc related use, or somewhat derelict after years of abandonment.

It would need some cash to bring, what is ultimately a non-revenue vehicle back to service, when a tagging some extra TSOs for minimal effort and cost to do the same job.

Hasnt cruise ship work dried up now anyway ?

• 2 months later...

New magazine dropped through the door this morning. Isn't it typical that they have a Members Day that is easy for me to get to and I'm away at a music festival? Never mind.

As long as they don't announce another Large Prairie..... :P

Posted that in jest. Before anyone analyses what Llangollen have as potential new issues. Not a lot apart from the Wickham DMU. Everything else is already available.

Jason