Bachmann's Latest Collectors Club Model

Guest spet0114

18 hours ago, CB Rail said:

So in light of the recent announcement from the BCC about the recently released BG in 'Northern Belle' livery, is it possible they could turn their attentions to the passenger saloons now that they have their superb Mk2F to use as a basis for these coaches.

And they have already produced the class 57 loco in this livery too.

The Northern Belle, now owned by David Smith (owner of WCR) and David Pitts with the traction provided by West Coast Railways in the form of 57601 'Windsor Castle' in Pullman colours and 57/3s in WCR colours (which hopefully Bachmann release) does not operate Mk2F FO coaches. It is made up of: 

342499323_Screenshot2019-09-13at11_37_14.png.6804652726eca57536cec336eaa19121.png

Hornby have in their 2019 range, three of the Mk2E FO coaches 3267, 3273 & 3275 (currently labeled as Mk2D but I am told these shall be Mk2E as per prototype). 

Edited by 159220
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Hope it's OK to post this that I received as an email from the club:

As from 5pm on Monday 23rd September the Bachmann Collectors Club website will be temporarily unavailable due to a scheduled changeover to a new improved system.  The process will take a week to complete with our new website available to use as from the 1st October.

The new website has been designed to mirror the look and feel of the old one but when logging onto it for the first time you will be prompted to reset your password.  Once this has been done you will have access to all the familiar features of the website and will be able to renew your membership or purchase club merchandise along with a host of other improved features. 

Collectors Club staff will be unable to process renewals and/or purchases made by telephone or mail during this period and we would kindly request that renewals and purchases are carried out either before the shutdown on Monday 23rd September at 5pm or after the new system has been installed on the 1st October.  There may also be a delay in the processing of orders and renewals for a short period following this while we catch up on the ‘lost week’!  

I am sure you will appreciate this is a large undertaking for us and we would like to thank you in advance for your understanding and patience whilst these improvements are taking place. 

If you do need to contact the Club office for any reason during this period please feel free to call in on 01455 245 565 or drop us an email at:

collectorsclub@bachman-europe.co.uk

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Thebigshot said:

Hi Guys 

well it's that time in the calendar how fast 3 months fly in I'm hoping to get something for my growing GWR/western region collection although maybe an LNER loco would be great 

thanks 

Alan

p.s the cat will be out the bag tommorow 

My prediction for the next collectors club model is J72 69023 in station pilot green, given that the new model is approaching and there is no station pilot version listed yet, plus given their history of supporting preservation I guess a donation from each model will go to 69023's owners NELPG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ed-farms said:

My prediction for the next collectors club model is J72 69023 in station pilot green, given that the new model is approaching and there is no station pilot version listed yet, plus given their history of supporting preservation I guess a donation from each model will go to 69023's owners NELPG

Hi

yea a J72 with late crest would be great

thanks

alan

• RMweb Premium

A perfect example of why as a predominantly N scale modeller I quit the Collectors Club,  OO gets the attention grabbing loco, all N scale gets is a bog standard Brake Van...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John M Upton said:

A perfect example of why as a predominantly N scale modeller I quit the Collectors Club,  OO gets the attention grabbing loco, all N scale gets is a bog standard Brake Van...

Hi

and even as a OO gauge modeller it seems to be all modern stuff at the moment when I first joined the club I was told they would mix the stuff up so that everyone would have a chance of buying something and here we have an modern loco that is the last 2 models that has been for modern era now how about something for steam era fans lol

thanks

Alan

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, John M Upton said:

No a very rare brake van, built for the MOD, written for internal use at Longmoor. Be aware nothing to do with the London Midland Region  (or LMS).

Paul

3 hours ago, Scottish-Exile said:

I guess it also rules out 90 024 in Malcolm livery ever making an appearance, unless the likes of Rails or Kernow do a commission.

Hi

The way Bachmann seems to do things it wouldn't surprise me if it did or didn't as how many class 47s has their been my memory is said 3 and I think 2 class 08 in OO gauge and 2 N gauge 08s I hope I've got that Wright not that I'm complaining but can their not be something from a different locomotive as their is plenty to choose from.

sorry if this seems like a rant but I wonder how many people are feeling the same way 

thanks

Alan

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Thebigshot said:

Hi

The way Bachmann seems to do things it wouldn't surprise me if it did or didn't as how many class 47s has their been my memory is said 3 and I think 2 class 08 in OO gauge and 2 N gauge 08s I hope I've got that Wright not that I'm complaining but can their not be something from a different locomotive as their is plenty to choose from.

sorry if this seems like a rant but I wonder how many people are feeling the same way 

thanks

Alan

Problem is they have a club proporting to all scales, but in reality the OO gauge market is much bigger. They also have to make stuff that will sell, so I guess they go with proven winners or variations.

Im not sure how successful the EWS 47 was this time round as it seemed to hang around, the fact Heljan has one coming out may have stopped people paying the ever increasing price for a bachy one 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Went to the show at 11.am had a look at the 90 didn't like it so walked away.

By 1pm had rejoined the club and had the sound version in my bag. Had a quick play this evening and impressed no signs of the bogie issues which plagued my other class 90's and a nice touch is that if you lower the pantograph the sound stops -small things eh?

• Like 1

Genuine question but any idea why Bachmann would do a Belgian liveried Class 90 from the nineties as their latest Collector Club model?

Just seems like an odd choice or would there be a decent uptake on this?...would have thought a Malcolm Rail 90 would have been a hit and perhaps brought either more people or those who left back into the club.

Anyway good luck to them.

8 hours ago, classy52 said:

Genuine question but any idea why Bachmann would do a Belgian liveried Class 90 from the nineties as their latest Collector Club model?

Just seems like an odd choice or would there be a decent uptake on this?...would have thought a Malcolm Rail 90 would have been a hit and perhaps brought either more people or those who left back into the club.

Possibly because the Collectors’ Club model is some unusual livery variant produced in small quantities and the 90 is Bachmann’s latest model which is a step or two forward.

Consider Markwj’s reaction. I want one too and as for Malcolm, my daughter works for a competing logistics firm and I wouldn’t dare buy one.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, classy52 said:

Why not.

At the time, they set the enthusiasts network alive.

The other two, SNCF and DB were also very popular.

It was part of the hype surrounding the Channel Tunnel construction, in this case the forthcoming ability of through Europe freight.

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

56 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Why not.

At the time, they set the enthusiasts network alive.

The other two, SNCF and DB were also very popular.

It was part of the hype surrounding the Channel Tunnel construction, in this case the forthcoming ability of through Europe freight.

No worries thanks.

Actually I think Bachmann would want to do the Malcolm Rail Class 90 (if they do it) in higher volumes via the retail network to get a bigger return rather than consign it to a 500 unit Club model...but yeah the Belgian liveried 90 is sort of strangely growing on me even though completely out of my current day era :no:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, classy52 said:

Controversially, I’d say because they know the up and coming demographic with cash is one that remembers that loco, rather than young spotters getting a froth on over the Malcolm jobby.

And who is to know what sells really other than large logo 37s...

• Agree 4