Bachmann's Latest Collectors Club Model

Guest spet0114

• RMweb Gold
On 08/05/2020 at 17:20, John M Upton said:

And for N scale there is...?

If nothing else your post on this subject every quarter is as consistent and anticipated as Dennis Skinner making a comment at the opening of each parliament session.

:)

Edited by adb968008
  • Funny 3

• 1 month later...
On 11/05/2020 at 19:58, adb968008 said:

If nothing else your post on this subject every quarter is as consistent and anticipated as Dennis Skinner making a comment at the opening of each parliament session.

:)

As consistent as the negative response from some OO modellers that it would be nice to provide the same models in the two most popular scale/gauges. Its not as though it requires a new tooling in N.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, Bomag said:

As consistent as the negative response from some OO modellers that it would be nice to provide the same models in the two most popular scale/gauges. Its not as though it requires a new tooling in N.

I think you missed the Irony.

I actually look forward to the near identical post every quarter from the same user, its amusing as much as it must be frustrating... 

if a new n gauge model were to pop up each 1/4 we’d lose a consistent ironic post ! (Maybe replace it with a blue plaque to mark the thread’s place in history) ;-)

Edited by adb968008
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
44 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

Problem is , N isn’t popular enough to sell  out Limited editions,

thus you might as well just burn money .

Politicians must make excellant n gauge modellers then.

Edited by adb968008
  • Funny 3

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Paul.Uni said:

This quarters collectors club model is Graham Farish 8F 8624 in the preservation era LMS Red.

I just want to be the first person to say...

There IS something in it for me....

its just in the wrong scale.

:dance_mini:

could it pass as a OO gauge model of a 7” gauge model ?

Edited by adb968008

• 9 months later...

With the latest announcement of imminent releases including both another RTC Class  24/0 'Experiment' and the Class 46, I wonder if we might see the Class 46 return as RTC 'IXION' again for the next Collector's Club Model?

I have already renewed my membership (excellent value) and could see this as a big carrot for others to renew/join the Bachmann Collector's Club!

Instead of so many big ticket items, my preference would be for some more 3 wagon packs, preferably BR types. It was the BR Engineers set that made me join originally

I have maintained my membership since then, and I agree it is still good value. The magazine alone makes it worthwhile; member’s exclusive models are just a bonus for me, not my raison d’etre for staying.

steve

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steve1 said:

The magazine alone makes it worthwhile

Likewise if you include the catalogue.

Unfortunately I aren't in the right era for plank wagons, but they'll do on the preserved side of my layout even though I'd probably not buy them myself.

I do in general like the choices of locos for the CC, either oddments from the past or present (such as the SNCB 90 and Cable Thieves 57, both of which if in era I'd definitely have) or preserved stuff. I have Joem, I keep flirting with Central Star/Leicester City but given it is more expensive than I can buy an NRM Evening star or the same price as Hornby's retooled ES I have declined so far.

They don't seem to do much with modern wagons, but I expect that other than vehicles suitable for 1 off in a train (DRS blue FNA for example) that one offs wouldn't really work well.

• 1 year later...