ebay road rollers

Evening chaps Unfortunately i don't have the room for a circle of track so a rolling road is probably the way to go if i want to run locos in. I've been hunting around on ebay and found these: 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OO-HO-GAUGE-ROLLING-ROAD-SUITE-Hornby-Bachmann-ETC-NEW-O-GAUGE-AVAILABLE-NOW-/111492596607?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item19f57a037f

anybody used these before?  just looking for any comments before i splash some cash

thanks in advance - Ash 

They look similar to the Bachmann ones that I have - mine came via ebay from Hongkong - note that the Bachmann ones come in two varieties - fixed for tender wheels etc that are not driven , and ball-bearing ones that go under driven wheels - I'm very please with mine and have two sets of the BB ones and a set of the fixed ones, which covers all the locos I'm likely to buy. My rolling road is fitted in a plastic box so that it is transportable - currently debating whether to add a volt meter + ammeter to check current draw etc

• RMweb Gold

I've got three of the O gauge ones. Do the job fine. One of the screws is a bit out of alignment so is tight to the rail, but to be honest it's quite good to have a "fixed" one ;) 

Don't expect him to come down much with the "make offer" but you might save yourself a quid or two.... 

I did review these in BRM some time ago and I did experience some issues with the quality of finish and the rollers being out of true with its companion. They're OK for basic running in and testing but I certainly wouldn't be using them as any form of measure that a kitbuilt or re-wheeled chassis is behaving as it should.

If you're wanting to run anything with six axles or more you would be better with a better engineered product for equivalent money - http://www.rollingrails.co.uk/

Archived