Derails (Glos)

damo2929

• 1 year later...

I, too, have had excellent service form Derails;  extremely good value for a Hornby D16/3, very prompt and good communication.  Also most helpful with some hard-to-obtain bits and pieces.

Thoroughly recommended - no connection with the business.

Anthony

• 3 months later...

And here's one more....for unstinting efforts to fulfil an order and for keeping me informed of the difficulties he was experiencing. Outstanding customer care.

... and I can endorse that statement - probably over the same supply issue. :-) I will definitely be coming back with my future modelling needs.

Derails are without doubt one of the best UK retailers out there.  Having purchased quite a few items over the last 18 months, I can confirm that they are helpful, efficient and very customer focused. Always a pleasure to deal with Little Dan and Big Dan !!!!!, 

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi all, we've got a special offer specifically for members of RMWeb that we're launching today - the first six members to order one of the new Hornby Q6's online or on the phone from us and post "RMWeb" and their username into our order comments section will have their postage refunded when the money is taken!

Just a thankyou to the membership for having us around! :)

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I used them for the first time a couple of days ago and bought 3 Maunsell coaches from them at a very good price. Well packed, prompt delivery and both Dans very helpful and friendly on the phone.

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Ordered the new Hornby ATW 153 from Derails the other day online, arrived today having been tested by Little Dan. Fab price, great service. Thanks.

Will run with my Hornby ATW 67 & DVT set and my Realtrack Tom Jones 143 :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Dan phoned me the other day to let me know that the item I had ordered was out of stock in a particular livery - no problem as he organised a replacement over the phone and sent the parcel the same day.  Thanks for the excellent communication and attention to detail.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I am a first time customer. Derails was the only retailer I could find (apart from Hatton’s and Rails) selling Gresley Commemorative items separately and the price undercut the big boys by a substantial margin. I was concerned about the bent running plate on the A3 which has been reported. Nothing was too much trouble for Little Dan. He e-mailed me twice with photographs to help me make my mind up. The A3 and A4 arrived the following day, extremely well packed. Most excellent service.

Nothing, of course to do with Little Dan, but these were only my second and third Hornby Pacifics with flangeless trailing trucks. I’ll confine myself to saying, “Room for improvement, Hornby”.

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Wonderful service from Little Dan and Derails. They go that extra mile in great customer service and communication...overcoming a glitch in IT to ensure peace of mind.My LNER B12 arrived snug and securely packaged well within 24 hours of ordering.High praise in order again.

I had a phone call from them yesterday explain g to me my Hornby Peckett was being shipped and that to make sure I got it before Christmas they upgraded from 1st class post to carrier at no extra charge.

I have dealt with them in the past and always found them prompt and a pleasure to deal with, even refunding when I paid more postage than I needed too.

One very satisfied customer.