Derails (Glos)

damo2929

• RMweb Gold

Placed my first order with Derails on Sunday and my shiny new (well dirty and weathered) class 20 arrived today. Great service and price as others have mentioned - I will be using them again.

One question, how do rewards points work? I had email saying I had some, but a quick look at the website didn't show anything.

Thanks,

Roy

• RMweb Gold

Roy, thanks for the kind comments!

Reward points - thought this was covered in our T&C's but it's not so I'll get it added ASAP. For every full £1 you spend with us, you get 1 point. 1 point is worth 1p when you re-order, so 100 points equals £1. To use them, simply add your desired products to cart, go to your shopping cart, scroll down and click "use rewards points" and you can then add the amount you would like to use.

Hope that helps :)

• RMweb Gold

Reward points - thought this was covered in our T&C's but it's not so I'll get it added ASAP. For every full £1 you spend with us, you get 1 point. 1 point is worth 1p when you re-order, so 100 points equals £1. To use them, simply add your desired products to cart, go to your shopping cart, scroll down and click "use rewards points" and you can then add the amount you would like to use.

I've been meaning to ask you that. I must have enough to buy.....oooh a pot of paint perhaps ;)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for your reply. I did look at the T&Cs but didn't see anything - it may have been me though. Anyhow, was not why I used you - price and the positive comments on here made my mind up.

Cheers,

Roy

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for your reply. I did look at the T&Cs but didn't see anything - it may have been me though. Anyhow, was not why I used you - price and the positive comments on here made my mind up.

Cheers,

Roy

No it doesn't seem to be in the T and Cs.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ordered a 57305 from Derails and it arrived today very well packaged... nice note inside to say it had been tested as well plus a friendly call from Dan... will certainly pre order more from these guys.

They also honoured the original price from the pre order

Thanks

Mark

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had never heard of Derails before until I scoured the network for a Bachmann 64xx and spotted on on their website.

Only took a couple days, free postage and it arrived today so well packed too.

I heartily recommend Derails for those that have not ordered from them etc.

A fantastic service and they keep you updated on the progress of your order too.

Andy

Edited by 71H
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Congratulations to you on getting onto the scoreboard for Retailer's Customer Service Award. http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/120238-british-model-railway-awards-2016-results-and-winners/

Thankyou, and thanks to all that voted for us, it's good to know we're doing something right somewhere!  :sungum:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Great Service from Derails.

Placed an order for my Maroon Hornby Colletts, received a friendly, helpful phone call to clarify the order and the parcel arrived well packed and in double quick time.  Excellent price as well.

Will definitely be buying from them again.

Mike.

• RMweb Gold

More great service.

Order place 10.50pm on Tuesday evening arrived on Friday morning. Even deducted £1.50 from the bill so as not to overcharge on postage.

Already cheapest of 5 suppliers I checked out.

Thanks Dan.

Edited by TheSignalEngineer

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

A "Big Thank You" to Little Dan, Big Dan and all at Derails.

I've just received a Hornby Merchant Navy class, Holland Afrika Line with the tts sound removed.

This item was advertised on their email bulletin on Saturday and duly ordered.

A fantastic deal with their usual exemplary service, arriving mid day today!

Always good to deal with from a very satisfied customer and thoroughly deserving of their excellent reputation.

Well done folks and thanks again.

Edited by Black 5 Bear
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Another first time customer here and can echo the comments written already !

Ordered the GWR HST's at a great price which were packed well and delivered promptly.

Already a repeat customer as I've pre-ordered the GWR HST carriages as well as they're a good price compared to others.

Just part paid for an up and coming Prairie.

As always, not only a brilliant service but it was nice to talk to Dan whom has a wealth of knowledge about DCC.

Keep up the good work Derails, well done.

andy

• RMweb Gold

Dan whom has a wealth of knowledge about DCC.

Do I? First I've heard this, I usually have to phone a friend or ask the audience..! ;)

In all seriousness though, thankyou all for the kind comments, glad to know we're doing things right!  :sungum:

Edited by Derails Models
  • Like 2

I would like to add to the very positive comments within this forum. 

First time I have purchased from Derails as they were doing the GWR Class 43 HST, matching Coaches and the GWR Class 800/0 IEP; 1. at an incredible price and 2. they were the only ones with them still in stock at the time!

I was dubious in providing my Card details over the phone due to past experiences but after a delightful chat with Dan I was reassured! The guys at Derails have been really helpful and words truly can't express how excellent their customer service is! Prompt phone calls when items are in, high speed dispatch and delivery using DPD (includes a plethora of options for delivery), superb! 

They have secured a regular (if my bank allows it) customer! Thank you!!!  :locomotive:  :sungum:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Dan,

Quick question - was looking at the price of points in your website, after seeing the thread on here. The reward points but confused me (not that that is the basis for deciding what/if to purchase from you) I was looking at http://www.derails.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=25_28&product_id=924 - which gives a price of £11.40, against reward points it shows 10 (presume the number you receive), but against the price in reward points it says 1092, I could easily be mis-understanding something, but I would have expected the reward points to be 11, and the price in reward points to be 1140 - am I missing something?

As an aside, like that the site is easy to use and shall more than likely be placing (my first) order with you shortly!

Rich

• RMweb Gold

Hi Dan,

Quick question - was looking at the price of points in your website, after seeing the thread on here. The reward points but confused me (not that that is the basis for deciding what/if to purchase from you) I was looking at http://www.derails.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=25_28&product_id=924 - which gives a price of £11.40, against reward points it shows 10 (presume the number you receive), but against the price in reward points it says 1092, I could easily be mis-understanding something, but I would have expected the reward points to be 11, and the price in reward points to be 1140 - am I missing something?

As an aside, like that the site is easy to use and shall more than likely be placing (my first) order with you shortly!

Rich

Rich,

Thanks for pointing that out! It's a mistake as all three values have to be set separately. The price has increased by the looks of it and the monetary value has been raised, but the reward points not. You are correct, the reward points you receive should now be 11 and the price in points as 1140, the price was previously £10.92 and the two incorrect values reflect from that.

I've changed it now, there are probably a few other items with a similar status - it's not deliberate, just a genuine mistake when raising prices - after raising 200 or so item prices, it get's monotonous and the odd mistake is made...  :help:    If anyone notices any more of these, just drop me a PM or an email. :)

Thanks for your kind comments on our website, it's what we aim for, we look forward to seeing you soon.

Cheers,

Little D

Edited by Derails Models
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Ordered some track from here on line last week.  Thought having checked the order twice I had done it right and hit send.  Received a call the next day from Dan (couldn't tell which size) to ask if the points and the track were for the same layout as I had ordered code 75 of one and 100 of the other.  Doh! :no:   Having confirmed that they were for the same layout and that I am an eejit Dan sorted it out for me.  Managed to add a couple of other bits while he was on and he rang me back to tell me it had all been done.

Today the parcel came delivered by Courier as a free upgrade.  Packed well and as ordered.  I could not be happier and most certainly will use them again.  Dan was very helpful and it was a genuine pleasure to receive such good service.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...