Derails (Glos)

damo2929

• RMweb Gold

D

Dan - best of luck sorting it!  I won't bother you about DFR matters knowing you've got issues!

To everyone reading this thread, I can also vouch that the Derails guys are top notch, and very supportive of their local heritage railway.

Alastair

Thanks Alastair.

Just as an update to you all, we're now back up and running! Kind of. We have now got orders and customer account creation back online and working so you can place orders again now. The contact us page and the returns page are out of use completely now, so please use the email address on our homepage for both of these actions.

We have had a new website on it's way for the past couple of months now and on the back of this we're pulling our schedule forward and hope it'll be up and running within the next week or so. 

Thanks for your understanding.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Dropped in today and had a chat with Little Dan. 560 Peckett on test.

Came away with Hornby LNER Toad in BR grey, an Oxford Rail 6 wheel van and a Wills Chapel kit for the Welsh layout project.

The new Hornby brake van is superb. It will be company for the J36 when it arrives.

Edited by Fenway Park
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Once again like to extend my special thanks to Danny for his 1st class customer service in regards my Colas 67 pre-order, got an email and a phone call to finalize the sale and was great chatting to him as well...sorry I took up so much of your time  :no:

Edit: Had to mention super speed delivery, it's 8:50am and just had it delivered...thanks for waking me up Derails!!!

Edited by classy52
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I think that Dan clones himself, there’s no way he can talk to so many people for so long everyday and still do some work.

Yes, I often have a chat when he's extracting money from me :)

Just ring and speak to one of the other guys, they'll tell you that I spend my day talking and doing no work at all....  :jester: So yep, no clones...

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello! Anyone know if Derails in Coleford is open tomorrow (Thursday 27th)?

Sorry for the late reply! We are indeed, the shop itself is open until around 3pm! 

If you have an enquiry or order outstanding from the Christmas period our aim is to sort it today, we do have quite a backlog though so please bear with us. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Just a quick service update - we had some website teething troubles earlier due to a failing of our rewards points system, which coincided with the Hornby 2019 range launch at 10am. In fact because we're now giving away 1000 points per loco in most of the range announced today, the site couldn't cope with the amount of points it was registering to accounts (it's usually allocating 130 a time, not 13,000...) and this caused some errors.

This lead to a few hiccups at the checkout for some customers, but after an extensive upgrade and some testing it looks the system is now working as it should be. So for anyone that did try to pre-order earlier - apologies - please try again and you should be able to get through (and you will get your points!). Thanks for your patience! :) If you still can't get through, please get in touch!

Edited by Derails Models
  • Like 1

Just a quick service update - we had some website teething troubles earlier due to a failing of our rewards points system, which coincided with the Hornby 2019 range launch at 10am. In fact because we're now giving away 1000 points per loco in most of the range announced today, the site couldn't cope with the amount of points it was registering to accounts (it's usually allocating 130 a time, not 13,000...) and this caused some errors.

This lead to a few hiccups at the checkout for some customers, but after an extensive upgrade and some testing it looks the system is now working as it should be. So for anyone that did try to pre-order earlier - apologies - please try again and you should be able to get through (and you will get your points!). Thanks for your patience! :)

Thanks for the update Dan, hope it all works out.

Hi Dan, 

I am wanting to place an order for a rake of the GWR bow-ended suburbans but I think you have duplicated the listing for one of the brake thirds in GWR livery - the 'A' numbered one seems to be listed twice, and the one without the 'A' number does not seem to appear at all? 

Please could you check this and let me know if I can order a matching four car rake (BT-C-C-BT) please?

Many thanks. 

Jon 

• RMweb Gold

Hi Dan, 

I am wanting to place an order for a rake of the GWR bow-ended suburbans but I think you have duplicated the listing for one of the brake thirds in GWR livery - the 'A' numbered one seems to be listed twice, and the one without the 'A' number does not seem to appear at all? 

Please could you check this and let me know if I can order a matching four car rake (BT-C-C-BT) please?

Many thanks. 

Jon 

Hi Jon,

Which code in particular is duplicated on your end? :) You can indeed order that rake, feel free to call and pre-order over the phone if you'd prefer.

Cheers,

Dan 

Edited by Derails Models

Hi,

My points have not appeared either.

Ordered A peckett on 5th, have emailed but not appeared yet :-)

Garry

It is only the 10th for goodness sake the 5th was Saturday SUNDAY 6th {no post ]

• RMweb Gold

It is only the 10th for goodness sake the 5th was Saturday SUNDAY 6th {no post ]

They were quoted as going on immediately and as ive had points problems before which Dan has sorted out.

No harm asking, so in future furnish yourself with the facts before making unhelpful uneducated comments.....for goodness sake !!

• RMweb Gold

I've overridden the system this evening and hopefully all that hadn't had points yet now have them to spend. The points are garnered only on items with the red '1000' sticker on the listing and the corresponding offer text in the description, and there are a few lower value items in the 2019 loco range (Terrier, W4 Peckett, Pug, etc) that we've been unable to offer this on so please note that you won't receive points for these items.  

To find out how to use your points, click here and scroll down to 'Reward Points'.

If anyone does still have any further issues, please don't hesitate to get in touch via PM or directly and I'll sort any issues straight away - it's the first time we've done this and we're constantly making upgrades to make the whole thing a little slicker! Your patience and co-operation is appreciated.

Many thanks guys! :)