Derails (Glos)

damo2929

• 4 weeks later...

Just another one to add my thanks to all at Derails for their outstanding service.  And just like all great model shops, they provide you with a scaldingly hot cup of tea that takes centuries to cool down.  And of course, while it's cooling.....

Great to meet you all today.  Will see you again soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Paid a visit to Derails this morning ,came away with a trio of DRS 68’s and three duchesses (two streamliners and a proper one). Had a pot of tea and chocolate cake and a good chat before taking Duchess of Hamilton for a spin on their test track.

Richard

Edited by d46037
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Woke up this morning in need of some ballast and a couple of Ratio kits.  If Hattons had the ballast in stock, the 3 items would have cost me £44.50 + £4 delivery.  Derails' courier delivery is £2.95 dearer, but all three items are in stock and the total bill's still £2.55 less!

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
On 27/04/2019 at 08:51, spikey said:

Woke up this morning in need of some ballast and a couple of Ratio kits.  If Hattons had the ballast in stock, the 3 items would have cost me £44.50 + £4 delivery.  Derails' courier delivery is £2.95 dearer, but all three items are in stock and the total bill's still £2.55 less!

Glad to hear, and thanks for the order.

I must add, as those who have ordered from us before (and now yourself ;)) knows, if our website does charge you more than your order costs us to send then we'll refund the difference back to your card, or if there is a cheaper optional available we'll get in-touch and let you know! All part of the service...!

Thanks again! :P

Edited by Derails Models
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Derails Models said:

... if our website does charge you more than your order costs us to send then we'll refund the difference back to your card, or if there is a cheaper optional available we'll get in-touch and let you know!

And I can now vouch for the considerable lengths that Derails goes to in order to do just that. 

Speaking as an ex-business owner who frequently laments the dire standard of customer service you get from many places nowadays, I'm well impressed with the way this lot goes about it.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Visited the store for the first time last Monday from Bristol, and must say I was very impressed! Packed to the rafters with modelling goodies! Little Dan made us feel right at home (even offering us a Coffee on arrive). As you can imagine, we didn't leave empty handed ;)

During our time there I filmed a little shop tour video, which can be seen here. 

Will certainly be visiting again! 

Edited by SDJR7F88
  • Like 9
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for the spontaneous visit Callum, it was good to see you! Sorry it wasn't very tidy, but then again, if it was tidy it would mean we have time to tidy up instead of selling things! 

Unfortunately my James Bond villian acting leaves a lot too be desired.............

• Funny 2

Called into the shop this week while working in the area. All the staff were very helpful and friendly and the shop is very well stocked.

I picked up all the scenic items i needed. Well worth a visit if your in the area.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, spikey said:

OK, I have to ask ... which Dan is which?

It's not an uncommon question! It used to be Old Dan and Young Dan but Dad didn't like that for some reason, then it changed to Little and Big which he refers too as height and I refer to as waist size.....;)

If you're looking in the video, I (Little Dan) am the one doing the awful Blofeld impression with a Praire! The other chap you see in the video is 82A Studios, as neither Luke or Big Dan were around on the day that video was filmed and although Edward was around he managed to avoid the camera (which he says is great coz' he would have broken the lens otherwise!). :)

Edited by Derails Models
  • Thanks 1

Ooh, you better alter that sign and make it “ your wife /husband/ partner/ significant other called....”.inclusive , PC etc ....!

Is there another FOD model show this September Dan ?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, rob D2 said:

Is there another FOD model show this September Dan ?

There sure is! 28th and 29th September 2019 at the Dean Academy in Lydney. I'll post some info here as and when it's all confirmed. :) We're not actually attending as a retailer this year, but I'm helping organise parts of the show!

Edited by Derails Models
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

What service! Why do people use other shops?! 

I had an issue with delivery (caused - I stress - by the [expletive deleted] at DPD and not by Derails) and Derails had numerous solutions to offer. I had a couple of questions about other matters and Little Dan took time out of his day to answer them all - and then he emails me and thanks me for my time! 

My default shop from now on. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Order placed Sunday evening. Arrived today. And cheaper than competitors too. 

They have my pre-order for the Port of London Peckett too and have been exellent throughout (particularly as I changed it from the Lilleshall variety).

High recommended and will use again (usual disclaimer: no connection etc).

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...