Derails (Glos)

damo2929

• RMweb Gold

Echo the comments.  Happened to look on late last night and discover a couple of items that are required for the new layout at quite heavily discounted prices.  Ordered last night, and a personal email from Luke received at 10:04 this morning (Saturday) advising they had been packed and will ship by DPD on Monday.  Great service!

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
On 17/06/2019 at 17:22, SDJR7F88 said:

Visited the store for the first time last Monday from Bristol, and must say I was very impressed! Packed to the rafters with modelling goodies! Little Dan made us feel right at home (even offering us a Coffee on arrive). As you can imagine, we didn't leave empty handed ;)

During our time there I filmed a little shop tour video, which can be seen here. 

Will certainly be visiting again! 

Dan stroking a Hornby Terrier ? 

A sign saying “your wife called she said spend as much as you want”

Brilliant...

I've got to get over there.

• Like 2
  • Funny 3

• 4 weeks later...

My thanks to the Team at Derails for their excellent service and warm welcome at the weekend.

A great Aladdin’s Cave of a shop.

Friendly greetings from people who are clearly keen to help but also enthusiasts themselves, plus a first class coffee shop down stairs.

Very pleased with both purchases, a pic of the loco waiting for weathering and a little static scenery work done on my current build.

See you soon.

P1010048.JPG

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Big thumbs up for the guys from Derails . Great service , good prices . I’ve splashed the cash on my Inter7City HST , now officially the most expensive model I’ve ever purchased .  She’s now running in nicely . Good to know they test them before they despatch . You can buy with confidence .   Will be ordering Mk3 stock to go with powercars just as soon as I figure out what to order.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
21 hours ago, Legend said:

Big thumbs up for the guys from Derails . Great service , good prices . I’ve splashed the cash on my Inter7City HST , now officially the most expensive model I’ve ever purchased .  She’s now running in nicely . Good to know they test them before they despatch . You can buy with confidence .   Will be ordering Mk3 stock to go with powercars just as soon as I figure out what to order.

Absolutely agree with you.I bought the GWR “Old Oak Common “ version from Little Dan recently.Look on the Hattons website for graphics of both Scotrail and GWR 125 train consists for help before you place your order.

I will do so shortly.No sign quite yet from Hornby.Why must the exercise of making up an HST set be inevitably fragmented ? Rhetorical question really,given the tenuous supply chain.As long as we get them in an acceptably accurate condition to match the excellent power car set I will be content.

Edited by Ian Hargrave
Incorrect grammar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Another great service from Dan.

Sorted out my new account for me as I hadn't done it after the website changed.

Order placed and promptly despatched with DPD.

Personal service at box-shifter price, actually better than most including the delivery. Will be back as soon as I sort out likely delivery dates for my wants from 2020 offerings.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Yes, it was in the message I got. It was three that the starting stock level was one I think. Dan told me there was a sale coming up. Had a quick look as I was on the site placing an order just before the emails came out but nothing I was wanting unfortunately.  Didn't think it was fair to hoover up the three in question then put them on Ebay

Hope the winners don't.:mad_mini:

Edited by TheSignalEngineer
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Just a quick plug for Derails from a satisfied customer. I ordered three Peco bullhead points from them and unfortunately only two were in stock. A quick phone call from them explained the situation and I elected to have them send the two that were in stock with the other one to follow ASAP. The new stock arrived late but Dan phoned when it arrived and asked could he send it straight away. 

Next day the item arrive post free. I also have £5 credit for my patience.

No connection, just a satisfied customer. Service like that deserves support!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

First time customer of Derails and I just wanted to echo what so many have said above.  Great service - order placed on Thursday, confirmation email and then phone call from Dan that afternoon advising that order had been processed and was on its way.  Received this morning.  Service couldn't be bettered ... now need a little loco to haul the goodies that have arrived so will definitely use Derails again in future. 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Get’s no better than this,does it ? The reward for decency is a full order book. An order for my blue Princess Royal arrived Monday. There will be others soon.Tough times ahead but this kind of the spirit of goodwill should seen us through.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Hello everyone,

Just to update you all on the situation here at Derails, I'm sure you've all seen the statement issued by the Prime Minister regarding the new steps that are to be taken here in the UK.

Following this statement we have had to make a couple of changes, in accordance with the guidelines:

Our physical store will remain closed, this has been cemented by the governments enforced closure on non-essential shops (I mean, I think railway modelling is essential but...I think I'm on my own there..!?!).

Our newly opened ice-cream-van was a fantastic success but the ban on non-essential travel has swung a cruel axe into it's neck, so we will now have to suspend that service for the time being. Any customers with deliveries due will now be contacted with a view of their order being shipped to them for free. We will not be offering collection from the store in any way, shape or form as we do not see this being any safer than simply opening the door.

Online store and mail-order will remain open as usual for the foreseeable future, with usual hours and usual response times. The free delivery on all orders is still open, but again we ask that you do not abuse the service (which has occurred – please use it wisely to ensure its longevity).

Derails continuing to operate in this method poses little if not any risk to our customers and us. Our Royal Mail and DPD parcels are collected from us in bulk, so trips to the local post office are not required – we understand this has been a concern for some of you.

Obviously we will keep you updated if the situation changes again, but rest assured we're doing our best to make sure we can keep serving you to the best of our abilities.

Last but by no means least, we'd like to say a big thank-you to those of you who replied to our last message and sent us your support, kind words and best wishes. It really does help during this difficult time and cements why we enjoy the job that we do – the railway modelling community as a whole is just so friendly and supportive!

On that note, we'd like to offer our best wishes to our all of our friends and customers (are they often not the same thing?) and please ask that you stay safe! See or speak to you all soon!

Stay safe everyone.

Kind Regards,

Little Dan, Big Dan, Julie, Luke & Edward

The entire team @ Derails Models

• Friendly/supportive 4

Best wishes to all the folk at Derails.

We were going to visit the area for our summer hols this year and I was looking forward to dropping in to say "hi" and make some purchases but it's looking like we'll still be in some form of lockdown even then so that's on ice at the present!

Good luck!

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

We'd also like to make a further statement regarding our supply of Peco products

Following the decision by Peco to close for a 'minimum of three weeks', we are more than aware that our stock of Peco, Ratio, Wills & Tracksetta will begin to dwindle over the next couple of weeks, if not sooner.

We are more than appreciative of all the new business we have received in this recent surge of orders, and we'd like to take this opportunity to thank-you for your custom. However, it is at this strange and difficult time that we must address this and make it clear that we will be prioritising the supply of Peco, Ratio, Wills and Tracksetta to our existing customers. We feel this is only fair, with our existing and regular customers having supported us no-matter-what throughout the 9 or so years we've been running this business, to give back to them when times are tough.

We will still be taking and processing orders from new customers, however, if low stock items are ordered in multiple, we may have to reduce quantities and sometimes even take items off of orders completely to avoid stockpiling and ensure that we have enough supply to go around. I'd like to further stress that this applies to Peco, Ratio, Wills and Tracksetter items ONLY - orders for other manufacturers are currently unaffected and will be processed without hindrance.

We thank-you for your co-operation at this time.

Edited by Derails Models
  • Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 3 weeks later...

Lizzy arrived this am, well organised service, thanks to all at Derails!

Yes, I know it sounds a bit like "The Wild Geese Fly At Midnight" but still...  :whistle:

Edited by Hroth
  • Thanks 1

On ‎16‎/‎04‎/‎2020 at 16:45, GEOEng03 said:

Excellent service and Comms and prompt delivery for something that has become harder to find after recent release, even in these trying times, which is very much appreciated.  Will use again.

Lovely follow up email to check all was well with the order as well. It's the little things that can go a long way sometimes.

The nickname 'Little Dan' made me smile as well. :-)

Cheers

• Thanks 1