Derails (Glos)

damo2929

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, GEOEng03 said:

Lovely follow up email to check all was well with the order as well. It's the little things that can go a long way sometimes.

The nickname 'Little Dan' made me smile as well. :-)

Cheers

I should explain...there are two Dan's here, big Dan (aka Danny) and me, Little Dan (aka Dan) but it got a little confusing so we got these nicknames!

He insists it's all to do with height and nothing to do with age or waistline.... :mosking:

4 hours ago, Ouroborus said:

Much better service since Five Bellies Dan left.  ;)

Flattery gets you nowhere sir ;) but points for trying!

Edited by Derails Models
  • Funny 1

Just a message of appreciation for Derails. 

Ordered a Bachmann ‘Area Special’ 37704 in EW&S livery at 10:45 yesterday and it landed on my doorstep via DPD local at 1045 this morning in perfect condition and tested.

The model is lovely and the loco was a particular favourite of mine, seeing regular use off Arpley and semi regular on the Arpley - Allerton crippled wagon runs towards the end. I seem to recall it being stored at Arpley as well in the yard.

Bearing in mind the current Covid situation this has more than exceeded my expectations (all with free postage too!)

Now to find some room for it in the cabinet! Thanks Dan n’ co!

6F7F815A-CFA2-4B15-B41F-DD94B0A1612C.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, chris37422 said:

Just a message of appreciation for Derails. 

Ordered a Bachmann ‘Area Special’ 37704 in EW&S livery at 10:45 yesterday and it landed on my doorstep via DPD local at 1045 this morning in perfect condition and tested.

The model is lovely and the loco was a particular favourite of mine, seeing regular use off Arpley and semi regular on the Arpley - Allerton crippled wagon runs towards the end. I seem to recall it being stored at Arpley as well in the yard.

Bearing in mind the current Covid situation this has more than exceeded my expectations (all with free postage too!)

Now to find some room for it in the cabinet! Thanks Dan n’ co!

6F7F815A-CFA2-4B15-B41F-DD94B0A1612C.jpeg

Thanks Chris - I must say, that's an impressive array of electrics behind too! What we got there, 86's, 87's and 90's!? Although I'm aware there's half what it looks like, as I assume the cabinet has a mirrored backing....

Edited by Derails Models
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Derails Models said:

Thanks Chris - I must say, that's an impressive array of electrics behind too! What we got there, 86's, 87's and 90's!? Although I'm aware there's half what it looks like, as I assume the cabinet has a mirrored backing....

Yeah 4x Bachmann 90’s, 3x Hornby 87’s and there is a Bachmann 85 there as well somewhere. Have a Heljan 86 but it looked pretty rubbish when next to these so back in it’s box.

Here’s to the Accurascale 92 :-)

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

tech.png.e18a2e1a0074b653e88ef66ffb80f402.png

We're aware there were some technical difficulties when ordering from our website over the past 24 hours, mainly regarding the checkout process being unstable. These have now been resolved and we are back up to speed! Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

For anyone wondering, there was an error with the password of an email client used to send out the order update emails. This, tiny, seemingly-insignificant problem caused the checkout page, customer registration page, returns page and contact us page all to crash when used!

Edited by Derails Models
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you to all the staff at DeRails, especially the young lady I spoke to. Dan says it was his mother, not falling for that one!

Helped us out when we needed. Despatched immediately and received next day, great service. Another example of shops helping each other in these difficult times.

Barry, Gill and Tom

Widnes Model centre

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

733409007_RocketGiveaway2.png.a739e7df82163fcb2a39bfe4aabcc65a.png

Earlier this week, we found a few spare Hornby Stephenson's Rocket Train packs here at Derails; we had a few spares in-case of damaged models arriving and a few pre-order cancellations. Eight of these models are going on general sale (click here for details) but we thought we would do something special with the ninth...

Like many other heritage railways, the local Dean Forest Railway has been hit quite hard by the COVID-19 virus. Having shutdown their operations in March, they have not run a single passenger train since then and are only re-starting operations on the 1st August, with socially distant queuing and trains divided to comply with the rules.

With half of the year's normal running, both steam and diesel gala's and many other special events cancelled, the railway has really taken a HUGE financial hit with many new and existing projects facing lengthy delays and even potential cancellation, as the money is just not there to complete them.

Everyone here at Derails is a volunteer and supporter of the railway; Julie & Big Dan help out on dining trains, Saul is a guard, Little Dan is a guard and charity trustee and Edward is a raffle ticket seller - so to us it is vitally important we do all we can to help the railway continue to thrive.

So our "something special" is a fundraising competition!

100% of the profit from this competition will be donated to the Dean Forest Railway Society which is the charitable arm of the railway and as well as this, we will take £1 of your ticket price and purchase a DFR Annual Fundraising Draw ticket with your name on too, so you could also win up to £250 directly from the railway!

To enter, head to our website by clicking the link and buy your tickets now:

Click here to buy your Stephenson Rocket competition tickets!

And remember: the more profit we make, the more donations the DFR gets: so please like and share to as many pages and groups as you can! Your entries will help the railway continue to preserve the rich heritage of railways in the Forest of Dean!

Competition FAQ's

How many times can I enter?
As many times as you want!

How will the draw take place?
Every single ticket will be put into a big barrel, we'll then mix them up thoroughly and pick out the winner! We'll even take a video of the draw and post it to our social media!

What if I have already purchased a Rocket from you?
Enter anyway! Then if you win, we'll just refund you the money you paid your set, or send you a second one if you'd prefer!

What if I want to donate but I don't want to enter?
That's fine too! The Dean Forest Railway Society have set up a fundraiser you can donate straight into! Click here to go see it!

Full T&C's can be found on the ticket listing page on our website: click here for more info!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Wow! Would you believe we rasied £680? No, us neither until we checked the figures this morning! 

Firstly, thanks to everyone that entered our competition for the Hornby Stephensons Rocket! The uptake was fantastic and we're really appreciative of the support we've received. I've just received word from the railway that our £680 pushed the DFRS COVID-19 appeal over the magic £50,000 figure which is a fantastic result!

We performed the draw on site this morning at the Dean Forest Railway with the Railway Society Chairman Alastair Clarke pulling the tickets. Here's the video:

Just to confirm, the winners are: 

25% off any N, OO9, OO or O gauge locomotive voucher: Mr P Ross

25% off any N, OO9, OO or O gauge locomotive voucher: Mr A Lindsay

R3810 Hornby Stephenson's Rocket Train Pack: Mr B Lewin

We'll be in-touch to get your prizes on their way to you tomorrow!

Thanks very much again for all of your support, for us it is fantastic to be able to help a good cause out by using our position in the industry, and we wouldn't have done so well without the support of our valued friends and customers - thank-you!

Edited by Derails Models
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, Crocodile414 said:

Excellent service again from Little Dan and the team - 2 coaches paid for Saturday morning and arrived safely this morning. Thanks guys!

Similar here

Two Peco Points ordered Saturday, arrived with today's post

Thanks again Little Dan & team.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

I'd just like to publically thank Dan and Derails for outstanding customer service in relation to a track delivery interrupted by a bomb scare at a large Royal Mail delivery office, a considerable period when the parcel was clearly somewhere in "dark territory" and an eventual delivery this morning.

Chris

• Thanks 1

Placed my first order from Derails today. Not half hour later I received a phone call from them. When picking the order they had noticed that the irj's I had ordered didn't match the rest of the ordered items. A quick chat later and they were substituted for the correct ones I should have ordered. That's care and attention! I have been looking for my new go-to shop since track shack sadly had to close. With customer service like that I have found it for sure. Money paid many shops would have just gone "well that's what he ordered..." Not Derails. Top service! 

Many thanks. 

• Like 7
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Similar to Mr Chapman above - these guys are a class act.  I placed an order late last night which included 2 of same coach - call from Dan this morning to ask if i had deliberately selected 2 of the same coach when an alternative running number was available for same price.  Of course i would prefer this and would have done this had i remembered at point of ordering - order changed no probs.... Great attention to detail and customer service from Derails - have placed a few orders with them recently and they are undoubtedly going to be getting more of my businesss in future.  Cheers Dan!

• Like 4
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Although I have a Pre- Order pending with Derails, I made my first order for an available item with them on Friday 13th November.(How's that for tempting fate). Bachmann N Class Mogul at the best price I could find anywhere and free 2nd Class Royal Mail Tracked delivery to boot.

I received email updates at each stage of the order up to dispatch and the parcel arrived 9:00am this morning, very well packed and the contents look to be in pristine condition.

Will test run this evening, but I'm confident all will be well.

Many thanks to Derails for excellent service on this order, which gives me confidence for whenever the model I have pre ordered is eventually released.

Regards,

John

Edited by Brit70053
addition of phrase re email updates
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Ian Hargrave said:

A little courtesy & thought go a long way. Mail fromDerails just apologising for the delay in fulfilling my order for Dapol Mogul. Keeps the customer happy does it not ? 

I had one as well, apparently Dapol have confirmed their order is being fulfilled but haven't sent them any yet.

Usual top service from Derails.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 20/11/2020 at 18:18, Ian Hargrave said:

A little courtesy & thought go a long way. Mail fromDerails just apologising for the delay in fulfilling my order for Dapol Mogul. Keeps the customer happy does it not ? 

More top service from Dan and the team. I had the same email then on Friday had a voicemail to say it was there. Called back and Dan asked if I wanted it checked over before sending. This is useful if you aren't going to just keep it in the unopened box and hope to sell at a profit in ten years time. He previously found a faulty motor in a one-off sale item I ordered, instead of telling me it was out of stock he arranged a replacement from the manufacturer.

I arranged payment on Saturday morning and the parcel arrived at my house at 0745 on Monday. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1