Derails (Glos)

damo2929

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, TheSignalEngineer said:

More top service from Dan and the team. I had the same email then on Friday had a voicemail to say it was there. Called back and Dan asked if I wanted it checked over before sending. This is useful if you aren't going to just keep it in the unopened box and hope to sell at a profit in ten years time. He previously found a faulty motor in a one-off sale item I ordered, instead of telling me it was out of stock he arranged a replacement from the manufacturer.

I arranged payment on Saturday morning and the parcel arrived at my house at 0745 on Monday. 

I had the same thing for a loco despatched on Friday, loco to arrive Monday.

Sadly Royal Mail don't seem to be on the ball with mine:(

387784435_tracking3.JPG.e23b03f17ad572f1c0a3462ab80c736a.JPG

Normally if It's coming today It would be in the local delivery office (after two more stages) but isn't.

Edited by melmerby
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, melmerby said:

I had the same thing for a loco despatched on Friday, loco to arrive Monday.

Sadly Royal Mail don't seem to be on the ball with mine:(

387784435_tracking3.JPG.e23b03f17ad572f1c0a3462ab80c736a.JPG

Normally if It's coming today It would be in the local delivery office (after two more stages) but isn't.

I'll keep an eye on it for you Keith :-) With lockdown we've found some over the weekend parcels have been taking longer than normal and it's been potluck as to which get there on the Monday and which don't, but with the amount of extra traffic I can understand it.

Hopefully it'll be with you tomorrow :-) 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Seem to be having more problems with Royal Mail than other of the delivery companies

Last week I had another tracked 48 parcel that was posted and received By RM on the Monday, arriving on Friday.

Another item sent by APC on Monday arrived on Tuesday!

The weekly subscription for Radio Times which should arrive by Monday or Tuesday didn't come until Saturday

The company are aware of Royal Mail's poor performance and next weeks copy which was sent by Whistl instead, arrived before it!

It's all blamed on Covid but RM seem to be much worse hit than other companies.

• RMweb Gold

Further to the above.RM just delivered mine one minute inside the 10:39—-14:39 slot designated in the emails they sent to me. Don’t believe I’ve ever had as late in the day a delivery from RM. But yes the tracking worked for me at least .Thanks to the Derails team again.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Oh,you old mogul you....finally. 7301 in transition condition,BR smokebox number & GWR ( nicely printed IMHO ) on tender.The finish and shade of green very much to my taste.Worth the wait. One thing to beware of and that is loose buffers. Although Saul had tested before posting,one had managed to detach itself in transit.Fortunately it was easily retrieved & popped back in place. Just take care when removing from shell not to lose it. Fortunately the red buffer shank makes it easy to spot.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

My parcel seems to have overtaken yours at Bristol, got straight to the pseudo-Manchester depot by 1334 on Sunday and our local office at 0538 this morning. Was delivered before sunrise.

1 hour ago, melmerby said:

Seem to be having more problems with Royal Mail than other of the delivery companies

Last week I had another tracked 48 parcel that was posted and received By RM on the Monday, arriving on Friday.

I sent an International Signed For item at the start of the year. It got to Heathrow in one day then was scanned there another three times in ten days before going off the radar. After a further week I contacted RM and told them I wanted to start a claim and how did I go about it. The next day it miraculously reappeared at Heathrow and was then scanned a few hours later in Dublin. A Grand Tour of The Republic and two days later it reached a remote cottage in the Disputed Lands in the northwest of the island.

At least they have started a postcode system over there now. Prior to that it was Name of person, name of Townland, Post Town, County then Postman Padraig (I jest not, his real name) would pop out in the van to drop it off.

22 minutes ago, Ian Hargrave said:

Further to the above.RM just delivered mine one minute inside the 10:39—-14:39 slot designated in the emails they sent to me. Don’t believe I’ve ever had as late in the day a delivery from RM

For general post anything up to 16:00 is quite common for us. Things that don't fit in the shoulder bag, especially if tracked, are often brought out in the van before breakfast.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
23 minutes ago, Ian Hargrave said:

Further to the above.RM just delivered mine one minute inside the 10:39—-14:39 slot designated in the emails they sent to me. Don’t believe I’ve ever had as late in the day a delivery from RM. But yes the tracking worked for me at least .Thanks to the Derails team again.

That would be nice

We only get late afternoon deliveries, usually between 3:00pm & 4:30pm

Postie has just been at around 3:00pm (No Derails delivery:()

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, TheSignalEngineer said:

My parcel seems to have overtaken yours at Bristol, got straight to the pseudo-Manchester depot by 1334 on Sunday and our local office at 0538 this morning. Was delivered before sunrise.

Therein lies the problem, total inconsistency.

If all post was the same you could think "Oh well" they are struggling, but some sails through as designed and other stuff just sits around, like my parcel where it has been scanned 3 times in Bristol Mail Centre over a 36 hour period.

It should have reached Birmingham Mail Centre late Saturday/Early Sunday and the local DO in plenty of time for a delivery today.

As it is it could easily now be Wednesday before it arrives.

• Funny 1

It has been reported that whilst letter post has declined parcels traffic has increased massively, which has caused issues for RM. Partly due to how we have RM and ParcelForce operations, which are treated as two different Business Brands - unlike the various other operators.

Then you have another issue. Our local Click & Drop location can create anything beyond 10 parcel sacks for collection late afternoon (have an earlier collection too) - but the norm is to send a small van which cannot take the load.  Infact some days they are already full when they arrive.  The drivers have mentioned this but no one seems to be able to arrange for a larger van to be used, even when it is clear that this location is very very busy - even before CV19 caused an increase in traffic.

Tracking parcels can be a nightmare too, during the first lockdown the system would only in many instances only give you Collection then Delivery data nothing in between.

Edited by Deltic
  • Informative/Useful 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

For information : I and I assume everyone on their email contact list, had an email from Derails on Christmas Eve, notifying that due to local flooding, none of the staff had been able to reach the office and there would be an impact on dealing with enquiries and orders.

I don't know if that situation persists, but it might be worth bearing in mind if folk feel they're not experiencing the usual level of service.

Regards,

John

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, 2750Papyrus said:

Hi Dan, will you be taking pre-orders and stocking the recently-announced Heljan O2's with GN cabs, etc?

Evening all!

Good question, we get our Heljan via wholesale and tend to do it on an "ordered on request" basis at the moment so I can take a look and let you know sir - I'll need to check we can definitely still order :smile_mini2: Leave it with me and I'll fire you a DM when I've got the necessary info (maybe after New Year, hope that's okay) 

3 hours ago, Eddie R v2.0 said:

Big shout out to Daniel and the team. 3 separate orders (with a fourth to come) all well packed and speedy service prior to Christmas. Superb service and great prices. Especially the 2 Peco Bullhead points that took less than 48hrs to arrive here in Inverness on Xmas eve. Highly recommended. 

Thanks for your kind words. Although they did have their stumbles (see posts above about the missing Mogul), Royal Mail did quite well in the few days before Christmas with only a few parcels sent on the Monday/Tuesday not arriving before the big day! If it's not gone already, the 4th will leave on Tuesday I would say, maybe Wednesday if we get any snow (as projected in todays weather forecast - that may knock us back a little)

1 hour ago, Brit70053 said:

For information : I and I assume everyone on their email contact list, had an email from Derails on Christmas Eve, notifying that due to local flooding, none of the staff had been able to reach the office and there would be an impact on dealing with enquiries and orders.

I don't know if that situation persists, but it might be worth bearing in mind if folk feel they're not experiencing the usual level of service.

Regards,

John

Hi John - thanks for posting this :smile_mini2: Yes we cut our losses on Christmas Eve and decided to finish before we'd even gone in, Saul had a devils time getting home on Wednesday night with only one or two roads on the high ground not flooded. My lane then flooded both ends rendering me stuck at home so that pretty much sealed it as everyone else was already off....

I've spent the afternoon catching up on the emails I can do from home and will be popping in tomorrow with some of the others (if the weather is kind) to get a head start the order packing before we properly re-open on Tuesday and Wednesday. 

It's probably been the hardest December we've done with the huge increase in custom (both in-store and online), with the weather and COVID playing their part too - so to partly echo your message John - apologies and thanks for your understanding if you did receive less-than-optimal service from us this last month. 

Lastly, hope everyone had a good Christmas and got all of their modelling goodies! Have a Happy New Year and see you in 2021!

Little Dan, Big Dan, Julie, Edward & Saul

Edited by Derails Models
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 13

• RMweb Gold

I'd like to echo the above, have placed a couple of orders with Derails this year and everything was dealt with brilliantly. Thanks to the team and hope you have a great New year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, TheSignalEngineer said:

Yet another winner from Dan. Order placed on Friday afternoon and the loco was running on my layout by Monday lunch time. Thanks.

It's young Dan's birthday today, so altogether now in a quick chorus......

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1

1 hour ago, Tim Hall said:

It's young Dan's birthday today, so altogether now in a quick chorus......

Hippo Bath Day to You

Hippo Bath Day to You

Hippo Bath Day

Hippo Bath Day

Hippo Bath Day to Yooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Ithenkyow!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

Hehe! Thanks guys, I tried to keep it low key but Facebook does a good job of telling everyone...

However I'm told I should be celebrating my younger ages, apparently you only turn 22 once and it's better than 52 (that's what my Dad keeps saying anyway!).

:dancer:

• Like 9
  • Friendly/supportive 2

3 hours ago, Derails Models said:

However I'm told I should be celebrating my younger ages, apparently you only turn 22 once and it's better than 52

As the shoe ad said, act your shoe size*...  :jester:

* that+10 is probably the best option!

On 30/11/2020 at 13:35, melmerby said:

Another item sent by APC on Monday arrived on Tuesday!

The weekly subscription for Radio Times which should arrive by Monday or Tuesday didn't come until Saturday

The company are aware of Royal Mail's poor performance and next weeks copy which was sent by Whistl instead, arrived before it!

Ah! Covid.

That old chestnut - and going back to the recycling theme our local tip is currently run by the Stasi (Hi Vis - Clipboard you get the picture) 

On the "List" they go.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
On 30/11/2020 at 13:35, melmerby said:

I wonder if that has anything to do with the fact RM are hourly paid staff, while most couriers are either self employed , or paid a minimal amount and then earn more by the drop..

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, TheQ said:

I wonder if that has anything to do with the fact RM are hourly paid staff, while most couriers are either self employed , or paid a minimal amount and then earn more by the drop..

And so carry on delivering when they're ill/should be self isolating.

Perhaps packages delivered by courier should be misted over with surface cleaner and left to stand in a safe place for a few days before opening?

• Agree 2