Derails (Glos)

damo2929

• RMweb Premium
On 02/02/2021 at 14:29, Hroth said:

And so carry on delivering when they're ill/should be self isolating.

Perhaps packages delivered by courier should be misted over with surface cleaner and left to stand in a safe place for a few days before opening?

Some of the post I have received recently smells as if it's been sprayed with something.

1 hour ago, tractionman said:

I do so like @Derails Models superb service, look at this brilliantly packaged and protected 94xx, quickly despatched and safely delivered, great stuff!

IMG_20210207_102559455.jpg.e222313fcc9ba1470a21f42a4b7d1aaa.jpg

Cheers,

Keith

Well up to standard!

24 minutes ago, melmerby said:

Some of the post I have received recently smells as if it's been sprayed with something.

Its that cat again?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I used this company for the first time last week.  Ordered goods Thursday and a nicely packed parcel arrived by Royal Mail at 08.15 on Saturday.  Competitive prices and free postage on orders over £20.  Outstanding service.  Will definitely use them again.  

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...

Used them twice now and would not have come across them if it wasn't for these forums - but the simple attitude to postage costs is an absolute breathe of fresh air.. Thumbs up

Edited by Ighten
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Used them for the first time to purchase a Bacchy 1P which I picked up from my postal agency on Tuesday.....very well packaged, fully run in and faultless communication, could not ask for more, very very happy.

Many thanks Danny.

Rgds.........Mike

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

And here's a post from another happy customer of Derails.

I used them recently to pre-order a Bachmann coach. Initially attracted to them by their low threshold for free postage, I then saw they have the most customer-friendly policy on pre-ordering I've seen anywhere.

When the time came I had a phone call to assure me that the email I was about to receive requesting payment was genuine, and not long after paying the coach turned up, properly packed using a re-used box cut to the right size.

I realise why the bigger companies don't do it that way, but it's really refreshing to have something not turn up in the corner of a huge new box full of packing material (though sometimes those boxes do end up incorporated into scenery...)

I will certainly be keeping them in mind in the future.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
On 09/05/2021 at 10:06, Coryton said:

, I then saw they have the most customer-friendly policy on pre-ordering I've seen anywhere.

Their process for dealing with out of stock items is great as well, you can still add them to your basket to be despatched when in stock - within 5 to 7 days - and that is exactly what happens. No money taken from my account until the goods were despatched.

Had a number of orders from them now and very consistent in delivering excellent service.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 4 weeks later...

Had cause to phone them this afternoon after deciding that a loco needed to go back to Bachmann under guarantee (Bachmann says to return to retailer in first instance, not to them). 

Saul couldn't have been more helpful on the phone, and Derails' return policy turns out to be truly brilliant.  All done online after he sent the appropriate email with the links in, and loco will be picked up from here by RM tomorrow. 

Hassle factor - zero.  Total cost - 60p RM collection fee :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I have nothing but praise for Derails with their excellent customer interaction and service.

How are they faring under Hornby’s “Selective Retailer” policy? If customer satisfaction, based on personal experience and what is posted, they should be “Top of the Pile”. 

Edited by Right Away
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

To add to Right Away's comment above, I have just had the most helpful and courteous customer experience with Derails. I must make  particular mention of Julie, who not only patiently helped me placing my order for their last available NCB Peckett  'The Earl', but has emailed me regarding my comments about the difficulty I had removing the loco from the Hornby packaging.

Top marks as ever for service and 'plus' points for interest in the customer.

Regards,

John

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

And here comes another.

I posted a while back about Derails helping me out with a problem with a Bachmann pannier.  They bounced it back to Bachmann under guarantee and in due course back home it came - running if anything slightly worse than when it went!  "Send it back", says Saul so I did, and today he's emailed offering me the choice of store credit or full refund.

All I can say is that the last 30 years of my working life were spent running small businesses which were entirely dependant upon first class customer service, and I still have high expectations from firms I spend my money with.  Very rarely are those expectations met nowadays, but they have been whenever I've dealt with Derails - and in fact they've usually been exceeded.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

I've got nothing but praise for them. I don't buy everything from them (because obviously some things are exclusives elsewhere, and anyway there are other good model shops who also need supporting) but I always enjoy dealing with them. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, meatloaf said:

Sams trains is especially happy as he ordered a dcc ready version and got a sound fitted version. Might be worth checking the rest of the stock

Haha! Yes we're most perplexed about that but it seems to be a production/packing error - we've checked the other models this morning and they all check out just fine. :D We have no idea what happened...

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Ordered an Oxford Rail J27 sound fitted this week. It was at a great price and arrived in the far north very well packed and worked straight from the box. There was a note from Saul to say it had been tested prior to despatch. If you read some of the comments on the Oxford rails J27 thread then you would know why I was relieved! Great service and good comms from them throughout the transaction.

Terry

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

A post in thanks for the safe and secure delivery of R 3840. The packaging in itself is well thought out to ensure against harm to the model within. Hornby would do well to seek your advice on this….we wish .My model sits across the way on top of a radiator shelf.It pleases me endlessly. Thanks Little Dan and crew once again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I also have nothing but praise for Derails in everything they do. Can't recommend them enough. It's the customer service that makes the difference, which the 'box shifters' no longer achieve. Not that I'm going back (unless forced to).

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Pondered cancelling my APT order in the face of another price hike from Hornby.  Today received an email from Derails saying they weren't passing on the increase.  Good for them.   I'm keeping my order as a result but I'll drive over and collect so they can save a few bob on the postage.  Must park more carefully.....

Well done Dan, you read the market well.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1