Derails (Glos)

damo2929

27 minutes ago, Ouroborus said:

Pondered cancelling my APT order in the face of another price hike from Hornby.  Today received an email from Derails saying they weren't passing on the increase.  Good for them.   I'm keeping my order as a result but I'll drive over and collect so they can save a few bob on the postage.  Must park more carefully.....

Details are post free on orders over £20

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Another Derails convert. 

Purchased an Hornby 72004 Clan MacDonald minus front top lamp bracket for £158. 

Excellent service all round from the Derails team. The loco arrived safely today. Well packaged and tested. 

Currently Hornby Clan's are selling for £178.00 from Derails. 

Worth looking at if your after one. 

Will certainly be ordering from them again. 

Cheers, 

Mark 

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 4 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

I've just realised that I never got round to posting anything at the time...

Before Christmas I had a model arrive from Derails that was (slightly) damaged in transit. I can't praise them enough as they dealt with the return, and - eventual - replacement. I say eventual because it took them a few goes to get a replacement from the manufacturer that didn't turn up with them already damaged.

Throughout they kept me fully informed, and I couldn't have asked for more - I have great confidence that if I have a problem with anything I order from them they will do what they can to sort it out.

Add to that their comprehensive policy to ensure they do all they can to fulfil pre-orders (despite the obstacles thrown in their way by a certain manufacturer) and free postage for anything above £20 then I can't recommend them enough.

Companies with their attitude towards customers are, sadly, quite rare in my experience.

• Like 5
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, Coryton said:

and free postage for anything above £20 then I can't recommend them enough.

Companies with their attitude towards customers are, sadly, quite rare in my experience.

Exactly the reason they get all my orders now and in particular the range of wagons offered to pre-order from Rapido. The same price as the well known big three retailers but with free postage.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Derails notified me yesterday that my Bachmann pre-order was coming into stock with a link to pay the balance, which I did.

Two hours later it had been tested and sent for packing.

Two further hours and it had been shipped.

The post lady handed it to me at lunchtime today, just over 24 hours later.

Thanks to everyone at Derails for a very fast and efficient turnaround!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
On 24/06/2022 at 22:34, Harlequin said:

Derails notified me yesterday that my Bachmann pre-order was coming into stock with a link to pay the balance, which I did.

Two hours later it had been tested and sent for packing.

Two further hours and it had been shipped.

The post lady handed it to me at lunchtime today, just over 24 hours later.

Thanks to everyone at Derails for a very fast and efficient turnaround!

Thanks for the kind comments, as Tim alludes to both Saul and I were away at the end of this week, so I'm glad to hear the rest of the staff managed to live up to their promises... 😄

Edited by Derails Models
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

I hope Dan doesn't mind mentioning a special edition announced today of a GWR toad in Lydney Junction branding using the forthcoming Rapido AA20 toad. That's two items for Forest of Dean modellers announced this week after the Dapol Berry Wiggins tank wagon.😎

https://derails.co.uk/918011-Rpaido-Toad-Lydney-Junction?search=rapido toad

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Great service from Derails. On the same day a preorder arrived in stock I ordered a couple of other “just arrived” items.  Package was combined, despatched and received next day. 
Thoroughly recommend Derails.

Tony

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

There are several online retailers I use who always provide a good reliable service but Derails goes one step further in my experience - they are the only retailer so far to call me when I ordered 2 identical coaches to check if I would prefer alternative numbered versions instead (I wasn’t aware there was A and B versions) and I’m sure there was another occasion they checked a detail on my order too.  They too have several pre-orders of mine and are now my first port of call.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...