Derails (Glos)

damo2929

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Thanks to Derails for the call to explain some of the 009 items weren't in stock yet but if I wanted the coaches they could send them second class without extra post overall. Perfectly good solution and the items arrived in two days well packed.

Good price and great service, thanks guys :)

39497149831_5cffeb8b8d_b.jpgFreemoo9 coaches by -salisburyASC-

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Ah it's you who cleared them out! ;)

I ordered last night and had a nice call to check I'd noted they were waiting the rest of the batch. Very pleasant and timely so I assured them I'm quite happy to wait.

Still got some things on backorder and that was dealt with well too as they forwarded the first items separately.

Keep up the good communication it's nice to support shops who take that extra bit of care.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Ah it's you who cleared them out! ;)

I ordered last night and had a nice call to check I'd noted they were waiting the rest of the batch. Very pleasant and timely so I assured them I'm quite happy to wait.

Still got some things on backorder and that was dealt with well too as they forwarded the first items separately.

Keep up the good communication it's nice to support shops who take that extra bit of care.

Sorry Paul, cheers for your patience! They've been particularly popular and Peco should be sending some new stock in on Tuesday/Wednesday. All being well we'll get them out to you straight away. :)  

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Ok I managed to confuse the system ;)

I ordered two separate sets of Peco coaches and tagged the Bachmann vans on to one. So Dan left a message because they couldn't see the vans on an invoice but they had the note from the previous email.

When I called back Dan instantly realised why because the invoice had dropped off with the delivery of the first two coaches. Problem solved and they arrived 19 hrs later! With an apology too :)

Nicely handled and even with a minor problem sorted fast in a friendly way, top marks guys.

• RMweb Gold

Ok I managed to confuse the system ;)

I ordered two separate sets of Peco coaches and tagged the Bachmann vans on to one. So Dan left a message because they couldn't see the vans on an invoice but they had the note from the previous email.

When I called back Dan instantly realised why because the invoice had dropped off with the delivery of the first two coaches. Problem solved and they arrived 19 hrs later! With an apology too :)

Nicely handled and even with a minor problem sorted fast in a friendly way, top marks guys.

One thing filed in the wrong place and it completley confused my Dad! Sorry about that and thanks for understanding, glad everything arrived okay. :)

Super service as always. 

After receiving a email about extra stock of the Bachmann 'Evening Star' in GBRF Brunsick I was lucky enough to get one! Within an hour of the email and ordering I received a confirmation with a notification from the DPD App telling me the item will be with me next day morning. 

Can't fault the swift and very good service from Derails! Superb as always. 

Cheers :)

Received a call on Monday to say the Oxford Dean Goods was in stock and my pre-ordered one would be on it's way very soon - well, it arrived the following morning (admittedly, it didn't have to come all that far...). Now that's excellent customer service!

• Like 1

Its never too late! Loving the embrace of "Snowmageddon"! At least if you get snowed in at the shop you have lots of trains to "test" out.

post-31040-0-38644300-1519928396.jpg

Cheers for the recent items, albeit issues with Hornby.

Des

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Its never too late! Loving the embrace of "Snowmageddon"! At least if you get snowed in at the shop you have lots of trains to "test" out.

attachicon.gifCaptureDerails.JPG

Cheers for the recent items, albeit issues with Hornby.

Des

I'm glad someone has noticed! The couriers collected early, the post office shut at midday, Hornby and Peco then both closed so I had a spare 20 mins and thought I'd flex my design skills!

By the way - I will be in touch with all those that bought IEP's, I am speaking with Hornby regarding the issue this week but they were shut today so it's gone on a brief hold. Keep an eye on your emails from us :)

I'm glad someone has noticed! The couriers collected early, the post office shut at midday, Hornby and Peco then both closed so I had a spare 20 mins and thought I'd flex my design skills!

By the way - I will be in touch with all those that bought IEP's, I am speaking with Hornby regarding the issue this week but they were shut today so it's gone on a brief hold. Keep an eye on your emails from us :)

Super, I did try to call too but I have emailed Hornby for a response. Thanks for speaking to Hornby!

• RMweb Gold

Just so everyone is aware, unfortunately we are unable to open the shop, answer phone calls or despatch orders today. This is due to the roads in the Forest of Dean being in a terrible state - at least 2 of our routes to the shop are simply impassable - who chose for our shop to be in a town on the top of a big hill!

I am answering emails and keeping check on the website, but we hope normal service will resume soon! Thanks for understanding.

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Just a word of caution for those wanting to use the Royal Mail next day 1pm signed for delivery with derails... I used this service at extra cost last week, ordering on the Monday morning, and the parcel arrived at 12:55 on Wednesday... 24 hours late. Rang the guys to check when it didn’t arrive as expected, they did a quick enquiry via the tracking service and called me back quickly, advising that the package was in transit but still at the Bristol hub. The implication being that my parcel missed Royal Mail’s Monday pick-up and went Tuesday morning instead. So no refund for the postal costs.

Parcels ordered from two other suppliers at the same time arrived as expected on the Tuesday, even though the distances involved were considerably greater. I also had the reassurance with them of e-mail confirmation of despatch, enclosing the tracking number for my own reference. Admittedly these were larger retailers, but this experience is a reminder that their despatch systems are slicker.

Aside from this I do recommend derails, they are friendly and obviously strive to provide a service at a keen price. But don’t bother paying extra for the Royal Mail 24 hour service!

Phil.

• RMweb Gold

Just a word of caution for those wanting to use the Royal Mail next day 1pm signed for delivery with derails... I used this service at extra cost last week, ordering on the Monday morning, and the parcel arrived at 12:55 on Wednesday... 24 hours late. Rang the guys to check when it didn’t arrive as expected, they did a quick enquiry via the tracking service and called me back quickly, advising that the package was in transit but still at the Bristol hub. The implication being that my parcel missed Royal Mail’s Monday pick-up and went Tuesday morning instead. So no refund for the postal costs.

Parcels ordered from two other suppliers at the same time arrived as expected on the Tuesday, even though the distances involved were considerably greater. I also had the reassurance with them of e-mail confirmation of despatch, enclosing the tracking number for my own reference. Admittedly these were larger retailers, but this experience is a reminder that their despatch systems are slicker.

Aside from this I do recommend derails, they are friendly and obviously strive to provide a service at a keen price. But don’t bother paying extra for the Royal Mail 24 hour service!

Phil.

Morning Phil, thanks for your comments, sorry it didn't turn out how you expected.

Unfortunately I wasn't too well on Monday morning so I didn't make it into the shop until about 2pm, by which point the parcel was packed and in the bag so I did not realise the situation until the next day. 

Unfortunately yes, when you rang on Tuesday it was discovered that the parcel had missed the Special Delivery cutoff on the Monday, and we had not been told by the Post Office when shipping. As we trade in a very rural area the cutoff time for SD at our local is 3pm. Ironically and annoyingly, a second class recorded parcel sent at the same time as yours made it to Plymouth next day! I did query as to why it was going via special delivery (the insurance value required it) as this costs us just under £12 despite the sales staff charging it to yourself at £6.95 so we definitely didn't make a profit from the upgrade.

99.9% of the time parcels over £100 in value are automatically sent via DPD local courier for this reason - they don't have the cutoff time, they send both you and us a full door to door tracking service via text or email and they give us a 99.9% guarantee of next day delivery - next time you order (which I hope you do :) ) just quote this post and ask for me personally, and if you can call in the morning that gives us time to do a early post run.

Thanks,

Little Dan

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I placed a pre-order for a Lilleshall Peckett in January 2017 through Derails, the first time I had ordered with them. However, due to the continual delays from Hornby I chose to cancel it last week.

I can't praise Derails enough - they were very understanding of my frustrations (with Hornby, not at all with Derails) - and were quick to cancel the order and offer me store credit to the same amount.

Thanks to all at Derails - you've gained yourself a future customer!