Derails (Glos)

damo2929

1 hour ago, TheQ said:

I wonder if that has anything to do with the fact RM are hourly paid staff, while most couriers are either self employed , or paid a minimal amount and then earn more by the drop..

And so carry on delivering when they're ill/should be self isolating.

Perhaps packages delivered by courier should be misted over with surface cleaner and left to stand in a safe place for a few days before opening?

• Agree 2

On 02/02/2021 at 14:29, Hroth said:

And so carry on delivering when they're ill/should be self isolating.

Perhaps packages delivered by courier should be misted over with surface cleaner and left to stand in a safe place for a few days before opening?

Some of the post I have received recently smells as if it's been sprayed with something.

1 hour ago, tractionman said:

I do so like @Derails Models superb service, look at this brilliantly packaged and protected 94xx, quickly despatched and safely delivered, great stuff!

IMG_20210207_102559455.jpg.e222313fcc9ba1470a21f42a4b7d1aaa.jpg

Cheers,

Keith

Well up to standard!

24 minutes ago, melmerby said:

Some of the post I have received recently smells as if it's been sprayed with something.

Its that cat again?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I used this company for the first time last week.  Ordered goods Thursday and a nicely packed parcel arrived by Royal Mail at 08.15 on Saturday.  Competitive prices and free postage on orders over £20.  Outstanding service.  Will definitely use them again.  

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...

Used them twice now and would not have come across them if it wasn't for these forums - but the simple attitude to postage costs is an absolute breathe of fresh air.. Thumbs up

Edited by Ighten
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
26 minutes ago, spamcan61 said:

Looks like a free loco servicing cradle right there 

image.png

image.png

Yes, they're often sent like that. Very well packed.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Used them for the first time to purchase a Bacchy 1P which I picked up from my postal agency on Tuesday.....very well packaged, fully run in and faultless communication, could not ask for more, very very happy.

Many thanks Danny.

Rgds.........Mike

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

And here's a post from another happy customer of Derails.

I used them recently to pre-order a Bachmann coach. Initially attracted to them by their low threshold for free postage, I then saw they have the most customer-friendly policy on pre-ordering I've seen anywhere.

When the time came I had a phone call to assure me that the email I was about to receive requesting payment was genuine, and not long after paying the coach turned up, properly packed using a re-used box cut to the right size.

I realise why the bigger companies don't do it that way, but it's really refreshing to have something not turn up in the corner of a huge new box full of packing material (though sometimes those boxes do end up incorporated into scenery...)

I will certainly be keeping them in mind in the future.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 09/05/2021 at 10:06, Coryton said:

, I then saw they have the most customer-friendly policy on pre-ordering I've seen anywhere.

Their process for dealing with out of stock items is great as well, you can still add them to your basket to be despatched when in stock - within 5 to 7 days - and that is exactly what happens. No money taken from my account until the goods were despatched.

Had a number of orders from them now and very consistent in delivering excellent service.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Will be ordering the new Rapido 5/7 SECR plank wagon when they're listed on the website. I'm a sucker for the free postage option.;)

• Agree 1

Had cause to phone them this afternoon after deciding that a loco needed to go back to Bachmann under guarantee (Bachmann says to return to retailer in first instance, not to them). 

Saul couldn't have been more helpful on the phone, and Derails' return policy turns out to be truly brilliant.  All done online after he sent the appropriate email with the links in, and loco will be picked up from here by RM tomorrow. 

Hassle factor - zero.  Total cost - 60p RM collection fee :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have nothing but praise for Derails with their excellent customer interaction and service.

How are they faring under Hornby’s “Selective Retailer” policy? If customer satisfaction, based on personal experience and what is posted, they should be “Top of the Pile”. 

Edited by Right Away
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

To add to Right Away's comment above, I have just had the most helpful and courteous customer experience with Derails. I must make  particular mention of Julie, who not only patiently helped me placing my order for their last available NCB Peckett  'The Earl', but has emailed me regarding my comments about the difficulty I had removing the loco from the Hornby packaging.

Top marks as ever for service and 'plus' points for interest in the customer.

Regards,

John

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

And here comes another.

I posted a while back about Derails helping me out with a problem with a Bachmann pannier.  They bounced it back to Bachmann under guarantee and in due course back home it came - running if anything slightly worse than when it went!  "Send it back", says Saul so I did, and today he's emailed offering me the choice of store credit or full refund.

All I can say is that the last 30 years of my working life were spent running small businesses which were entirely dependant upon first class customer service, and I still have high expectations from firms I spend my money with.  Very rarely are those expectations met nowadays, but they have been whenever I've dealt with Derails - and in fact they've usually been exceeded.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2