N Gauge Class 390 Pendolino (post Kickstarter) with Rapido

Revolution Ben

• RMweb Premium

This has also helped in setting the ballpark price for the 11 car train in new condition.

Has it? Weren’t they the same price as the ‘normal’ crowdfunded ones? I genuinely can’t remember!

Given it was fixed priced, I’d suggest it’s not an indicator of future value at all, although it seems there’s demand!

• RMweb Gold

Has it? Weren’t they the same price as the ‘normal’ crowdfunded ones? I genuinely can’t remember!

Given it was fixed priced, I’d suggest it’s not an indicator of future value at all, although it seems there’s demand!

11 car at the start was £335, now £365 iirc.

Hello all,

As some may have seen on the website, Rapido have surprised us with a small number of additional Pendolinos depicting 390132 City of Birmingham in revised Virgin livery with plain grey doors.

attachicon.gifIMG_6798.JPG

These models are being sent with the main production batch, which has been shipped, and are available to order now via the Revolution Trains website at £365 (DC Silent but with speakers fitted) and £460 (DCC Sound) but hurry, since we announced them in a newsletter to our existing customers this morning half have already gone.

Also, if you are an existing customer, or order a 92 or 320/321 at the same time for the full WCML experience, you'll get a £10 discount.

Cheers

Ben A.

Thanks Ben!

Having asked about grey doors a while ago and then tweeted Rapido about how easy it might be to remove the lines on the doors this was great news! I ordered the 'grey door' the moment I saw it knowing that I can sell one of my 'liney door' Pendolinos to pay for it once they arrive.

Need to get on with my WCML layout since it is booked to appear in 2019 and I'll post some photos on here with the Pendolinos.

Dave

• RMweb Gold

11 car at the start was £335, now £365 iirc.

I'm not sure if that is correct. The Poppy liveried example was £295. From memory, I think the Poppy version was a small amount more expensive than a standard 11-car example.

EDIT: Having said that, i think that was the original early bird price.

Edited by scottystitch

• RMweb Gold

Hi Mike, Ben,

will the interior lighting be delivered together with the sets?

Looking forward very much to receiving my Pendolinos!

es grüßt

pc

Hi PC,

We aren't sure.  I suspect the lighting packs will be in one or two of the boxes that arrive though the vast majority will contain Pendolinos.  

Rapido sent me this photo earlier of the loaded truck as I was keen to know how "big" the shipment will be when considering storage and dispatch!

post-420-0-42623400-1517521996_thumb.jpg

Now we know they are probably 5-6 weeks away, and have a sense of the size of the task, Mike and I have been discussing how best to send them out.

Ideally we'd pack lighting units with the models, but TBH if that is too fiddly and significantly slowing things down then the light bars may be sent under separate cover at the end.

Our priority is going to be getting Pendos out as fast as possible as I can imagine how frustrating it will be seeing photos of someone else's when yours hasn't arrived!

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Hi Ben

Great to know they’re on their way. Quick question, for those who added DCC sound, is this already fitted in the models?

I originally ordered 2 11 car sets but later added sound and lights to each.

Cheers

Martin

Hi Martin,

All power cars (DC and DCC-S) have speakers.  Those bought as DCC sound sets have decoders pre-installed and ready to go.  As supplied, all models have working head and tail lights and table lamps in First.   The lightbars are a separate purchase, customer fit item, though fitting them is simple.

cheers

Ben A.

• RMweb Gold

Could always get all ready to dispatch and then send them off at once assuming there is enough space!

But the individual packaging takes up much more room than when they are all on pallets - and we may run out of space!

I think we will just work through them as quickly and fairly as we can!

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I imagine this has been asked before but for those of us who have moved do we need to do anything to make sure our delivery address is right? Or will you use the current address on our account?

Thanks

James

• RMweb Gold

James - we will use the current address on your account.

We always aim to send orders out in the order we received them as this is the fairest way.  Sending them out all at once is a non-starter (unfortunately!) as it would take too much time and space.

Cheers, Mike

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Mike, that’s good to know. As for sending orders I think we can all appreciate the hard work you and Ben have put into this project and I for one certainly won’t be grumbling I’m not the first to receive my order and have to wait a little longer.

James - we will use the current address on your account.

We always aim to send orders out in the order we received them as this is the fairest way.  Sending them out all at once is a non-starter (unfortunately!) as it would take too much time and space.

Cheers, Mike

My advice would be to print all the invoices/delivery docs first. Then it will be only wrap up and send.

• RMweb Gold

My advice would be to print all the invoices/delivery docs first. Then it will be only wrap up and send.

We already do that - that is the easy part!

There are something like 24 variants of Pendolino by the time you add in 5 car short sets, 9 and 11 full sets in various liveries and numbers plus DC or DCC.

Cheers, Mike

Hi Ben, Mike

If the models arrive from the factory in time, will you be offering pick up from Model Rail Scotland? Or will that just cause a lot of work as I imagine having to trawl through the pallets of stock to find the right models will be a hassle.

Cheers

Martin

• RMweb Gold

Hi Ben, Mike

If the models arrive from the factory in time, will you be offering pick up from Model Rail Scotland? Or will that just cause a lot of work as I imagine having to trawl through the pallets of stock to find the right models will be a hassle.

Cheers

Martin

The Pendolinos could travel by Pendolino to Scotland :sungum:

• RMweb Gold

Weren’t you using Kernow to send these out? Going to be a lot of long days and nights if you both are doing this yourselves!

That had been our original plan but as the sets are so heavy it would have meant getting people to pay an additional amount for P&P (as well as making sure we covered Kernow's costs).

Again that had been our hope, however it is looking like the shipment will just miss Model Rail Scotland.

Cheers, Mike