N Gauge Class 390 Pendolino (post Kickstarter) with Rapido

Revolution Ben

Again that had been our hope, however it is looking like the shipment will just miss Model Rail Scotland.

Cheers, Mike

Hi Mike

No problem.  I'm on the DEMU/Scottish Modellers stand all 3 days so I'll pop over for a chat at some point.

Cheers

Martin

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi

Most of those pictures are from the latest Revolution trains email and I doubt very much they actually have one in their possession.

Cheers

Paul

• RMweb Premium

They don't. Ben and Mike should receive them this week. Then they need to be sorted, packaged, any outstanding payments received, before being dispatched. According to the Revolution website, dispatching will be in the order the orders were placed. In other words, no guarantee the seller would even be in possession of the Pendolino by the 28th...assuming someone doesn't BIN in the meantime. The estimated delivery on the listing may be an estimate, but there is no way that is even realistic given the timescales above).

Edited by Claude_Dreyfus

It'll be really interesting to see if the individual gets what they're asking for, especially when you think back to when initial orders fell a bit short of target based on the early bird price.

Thank goodness for Ben, Mike, Rapido and a lot of customers whose faith in the project is about to be repaid...

John

It won't matter one jot if the seller hasn't got one in their possession before the end of auction or BIN, they let you pay for it, then they cancel the order and give you a refund, neither yourself, ebay or PayPal can anything about it, believe me, I tried as I had it happen to me 2 weeks ago.

Bob

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

The Pendolinos have arrived! Rapido have come through and they were delivered to a small unit we are using to pack and dispatch this morning, and I have spent a few hours today removing dozens of surprisingly heavy boxes from pallets and stacking them in some kind of order!

post-420-0-66020700-1521493832_thumb.jpg

I will randomly test a few later this week, though I am away working right now, and this weekend we expect to start packing and sending models out.

We will try to do it according to when the order was placed, to be fair, but I expect it'll take us a good two or three weekends to get it finished.

If you would like to collect your models at the York show at Easter from our stand then please email us via the website.

And thanks again to both Rapido and of course to everyone who stepped up and helped make this happen!

Cheers

Ben A.

• Like 18

Using the mobile app suggests that it's actually been sold as well. What was the original post price for that set.

An 11 car non-sound unit? £295 wasn't it?

To be honest I was looking at passing on a couple of my 9 car sound ones, when they arrived, for about £500-£600, I might have to rethink if that one actually sold at £595.

• RMweb Gold

Ah the first known delivery sent out by us!

There are many more that went in the post on Friday/Saturday and today, but please be patient if your order(s) are not in that first batch as there is still an awful lot for us still to process!

I think we picked, packed and sent out around 20-25% of the total orders at the weekend, but we are limited to weekends for bulk packing, then things like shows and family life start to get in the way! 

Cheers, Mike

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Did you send dispatch confirmation emails or anything? Not that it really matters, but I'll put the wife under house arrest if I know it's/they're coming. Seems a bit cruel otherwise.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

Sorry, we aren't able to send out emails when we send the items out.   It would add yet another layer of admin and delay to what is already a labour intensive process that we are doing in our free time!  

Once we know items are dispatched we will generate alert emails to let you know it's coming.

Anyway, (grudging) feedback from wives so far is that these are a quality product!!  I think it is because the box is nice and shiny!

cheers

Ben A.

(EDIT: To correct my error.  I really should learn to hold back from posting about our order systems.)

Edited by Ben A
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

To clarify what happens - once we know your order has entered the Royal Mail's systems then we will generate an email saying your order is complete (our website's code for it is dispatched and on its way).  Sometimes I suspect the RM will be quicker than we can in picking, packing, dispatching and then updating the website!

Cheers, Mike

• RMweb Gold

What about those of us that ordered through Rapido?

If you're attending the York show you could ask them there, or maybe email them direct.

I had understood it that their models would take longer to ship to Canada than ours to the UK, and there was also a note in their latest newsletter (I think) about problems at some Pacific ports causing delays to shipping, but I don't know if this has impacted Pendolino deliveries to Toronto.

Cheers

Ben A.