N Gauge Class 390 Pendolino (post Kickstarter) with Rapido

Revolution Ben

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

Just to be clear, although Avanti have provided us with the livery diagrams, we have not actually finalised the arrangement to produce these models, in part because the coronavirus pandemic overtook events.  Right now Avanti are, understandably, focussed on their core business.

Once we everything is agreed we will update our website and open the order book.

Cheers

Ben A.

• Like 1

Right now most of their fleet is still in the ex Virgin all white - have you considered a model in that livery at all?

Purely from a point of interest - in that livery who owns the image as it is neither Virgin branding nor Avanti - do you need permission?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi there,

I don’t see any reason we couldn’t do the unbranded livery.  TBH we kind of dismissed it before because it seemed a little, well, dull and because we assumed all the Pendolinos would get exciting new Avanti colours.

Given what’s happened that situation seems to be fluid!

When we finalise the versions we are doing in the second run then we may offer the vanilla Pendolino - if it doesn’t generate enough pre-orders it can always be cancelled.

Cheers

Ben A.

• 1 month later...

Another ‘new’ livery this morning ... 390134 now has the Avanti livery on the driving ends with the intermediate trailers all wearing the base white with the black banding around the windows.

Didn’t take a pic unfortunately.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, RJennings said:

Another ‘new’ livery this morning ... 390134 now has the Avanti livery on the driving ends with the intermediate trailers all wearing the base white with the black banding around the windows.

Didn’t take a pic unfortunately.

Thanks for the update - interesting.  

TBH I expected the original Avanti livery to be like this, following the trend of the Virgin Flowing Silk with the “primary” branding on the driving cars only, and the intermediate cars having just some small branding repeaters (eg decal on door windows and maybe company name on centre of car) but they really went for it!

EDIT: Found a video here: 

It looks like this is a cost or time saving - the intermediate cars are untouched, as far as I can see.  Unless the plan is for the unit to return for full re-branding at a later date?  Does anyone know whether new work patterns are making it too time consuming to rebrand an entire train in a single visit?

cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Ben A

6 hours ago, Ben A said:

It looks like this is a cost or time saving - the intermediate cars are untouched, as far as I can see.

Easier to rebrand when the franchise fails?

Though I guess another possibility at the moment is the need to social distance making non-urgent stuff like intermediate cars hard to justify.

• 1 month later...
On 30/04/2020 at 00:24, Ben A said:

Hello all,

Just to be clear, although Avanti have provided us with the livery diagrams, we have not actually finalised the arrangement to produce these models, in part because the coronavirus pandemic overtook events.  Right now Avanti are, understandably, focussed on their core business.

Once we everything is agreed we will update our website and open the order book.

Cheers

Ben A.

So I hear there is good news to be had on this next live stream...

"We will have good news for those patiently waiting for the second run of our Revolution/Rapido Trains Pendolinos too."

Revolution has asked for expressions of interest in a new run of Pendolinos. Best to follow the link from this news story to get the full picture. EOI period closes 30 September 2020.

https://www.revolutiontrains.com/tilt-to-another-pendolino/

EOI page is here.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeUu6ZpJseV7O0kAg0-nQ9jPrMKHmhsG61s_tl2RtIpyN65jw/viewform

Edited by Mike Harvey
EOI Date inserted
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, MGR Hooper! said:

Looks like I am out, I was hoping for a 5-car set like they had during the crowdfunder/first run... :(

Hi there,

The 5-car set was offered first time round as a teaser to get people to support the project but in the final count the demand for 5-car sets was low.  In addition, because it is just a single tray it needs separate packaging.  This adds to the cost and means that in practical terms the price difference between a 5-car and full 9-car would be less than you’d think.

cheers

Ben A.

• Informative/Useful 1

5 hours ago, Ben A said:

Hi there,

This adds to the cost and means that in practical terms the price difference between a 5-car and full 9-car would be less than you’d think.

cheers

Ben A.

I'll have a look at it when prices are announced....

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, MGR Hooper! said:

I'll have a look at it when prices are announced....

Cheers

We've put indications of prices on the page linked above by Mike. However at this stage we're not asking for money but Expressions of Interest.

Cheers Mike

• Informative/Useful 1

18 hours ago, red death said:

We've put indications of prices on the page linked above by Mike. However at this stage we're not asking for money but Expressions of Interest.

Cheers Mike

Thank you Mike , I might have missed that. The internet is playing spoilt sport and I'm either getting a "Connection Time Out" note or the page isn't loading fully. I'll have a look at it once the internet is back.

Edited by MGR Hooper!

• 3 weeks later...