N Gauge Class 390 Pendolino (post Kickstarter) with Rapido

Revolution Ben

• RMweb Premium

Hi,

On this pass I've already put in my EoI for the Avanti original full livery, I'm somewhat underwhelmed by partial and non livery variants so that was to be my only one to add to the two first pass Virgin Trains sets I have.

Whilst I applauded VTs Pride effort when it was launched as with the flowing silk / later Avanti driving car only treatment truth be told it is too incomplete for me in livery terms, but the Avanti Pride livery would certainly change my mind for a second EoI.

I know that has become the standard on the railway now but I'm rather old fashioned in that way.

Regards, Gerry.

Edited by steam-driven boy
more self confusion - now corrected...
  • Agree 1

• 6 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Poop, the red lights on my Car A seem to have died so no tail lights when running in reverse. Other power car is fine and the white lights are also fine.

Any ideas on possible fixes?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Panic averted.

Reseated the decoder and reset both decoders for good measure and they seem to be fine now.

Bit weird but the joys of 6pin decoders.

Did get me thinking though, with the 2nd run planned to have Next18 sockets (I believe) is there any possiblity of opening up the option to buy a pair of power cars (or chassis only) for owners of the originals to upgrade? Assuming the body's would even fit straight on.

Admittedly I'm guessing the chances are about zero though.

• Agree 2

On 27/03/2021 at 19:19, Kaput said:

Panic averted.

Reseated the decoder and reset both decoders for good measure and they seem to be fine now.

Bit weird but the joys of 6pin decoders.

Did get me thinking though, with the 2nd run planned to have Next18 sockets (I believe) is there any possiblity of opening up the option to buy a pair of power cars (or chassis only) for owners of the originals to upgrade? Assuming the body's would even fit straight on.

Admittedly I'm guessing the chances are about zero though.

There's usually a function to turn off rear lights so that when locomotives are pulling wagons the rear light is not on. Even though it is not appropriate here it could still have got glitched and resetting the decoder has put it back on.