New MM 141/181 DCC Sound chip - MrSoundguy

NoelG

DCC Sound Murphy Models 141 + 181

For anybody interested in Murphy Model 141 and 181 GM locos, Mr Soundguy has just released a new version of his DCC Sound chip for CIE 141/181 class locos.  I've just installed the new version of this product and am amazed at its realness, both in terms of sound and drive.  The distinctive GM engine notching up and down is automatic and realistically matches changes in throttle and appropriate speeds.  I just love it.  The stirring sounds of GM locos winding up as they left stations is etched in my childhood memory.  The engine sounds were recorded from actual Irish GM locos.

Apologies for poor quality video, it was made in a hurry on my phone.

Video Clip:

Cheers

Noel

That sounds very good.

It also sounds very similar to the Queensland Railways 1720 class locomotives (also GM/EMD 645E) that used to pull most of the Brisbane suburban services before electrification. These were usually thrashed up to full throttle right from the start.

• 1 month later...

A newer video of the Zimo MX644D Sound chip on CIE GM Murphy Models 141 loco

Layout under construction but you get an idea of MrSoundguy's 'real drive' system on the Zimo chip.  It took me a little while to get used to this more authentic way of driving a model train, but now I prefer it to the direct driving style of the other LokSound's I have tried.  I just love the way the GM sounds with intelligent automatic notching up and down.

Archived