Dynamis

jimikelly

Hi all ,just checking info on my Dynamis ,I have just started on a new and extensive layout in my loft,, 00 scale ,, and I have never used this controller before .My question is .my room is 30 feet long by 12 wide and I have built the layout in 2 levels with a helix connecting them ,I also have a 3 feet by 3 feet block in the middle of the room Ie chimmy ,and as the layout runs all the way around ,Will I have problems with the signal to the rear of the layout 

post-5016-0-43040600-1415989362_thumb.jpg

There are add on receivers but this may not be enough. My space is 26 x 18ft and I'm giving up with dynamis even though I've got 3 receivers around the room. To be honest it's not just the coverage that's the problem. I have a large number of locos and once you reach the roster limit you seem to have to delete a loco every time you want to drive a new one... Bit of a fiddle... However if you're determined to persevere with dynamis I have a probox and wireless recievers I can sell you... (Pm me if interested). You will need probox to have more than 1 wireless receiver by the way.

M

Hello in my opinion you would be better off buying a new controller,something like a Gaugemaster prodigy 2 Or the NCE.What you really should do is go to a shop where they have a range of controllers,or go the the NEC where ALL the top 1s will be there for you to try out.Ive found the 2 ive mentioned to be the best for me as they are easy to use.The NCE is the better 1 as it can be ugraded to suit your layout,ive moved over to the NCE as my new layout is going to be a largeish 1.But please try as many as you can.In the end its what suits you

Layout is looking good and a great space to build something!

I think it depends on what you want now and future needs. If you like the dynamis, for 20 quid or so on Ebay for a receiver extension it might be worth a go as a short term fix whilst you figure out if you need to upgrade the controller as you demands and loco roster grow as the layout develops.

The cable that comes with it will not be long enough ( it's about 1.5m) so you will need to extend. I did mine with splicing in some alarm cable as the colours pretty much matched.

Probably will need at least 2 receivers for reasonable coverage - one either end plus the one that sits on the box in the middle.

One thing though. I think You might need the pro box to get the receivers to work. Need to check the destructions!

Happy playing!

Archived