Cley-on-Sea 1960s Norfolk mainline terminus

russ p

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, manna said:

G'Day Folks

Looking very realistic, some very nice touches, like that Blue Gresley Buffet.

manna

I will get put into a set and not set on fire at kings scrapyard.  Where it is is actually a headshunt from the carriage sidings 

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Whilst I've not actually got room for a scrapyard,  I've got a few gresleys and Mk1 suburbans which could be run as train going to kings. 

Being late 60s I can just about run trains with stanier and thompson stock in service 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, russ p said:

Whilst I've not actually got room for a scrapyard,  I've got a few gresleys and Mk1 suburbans which could be run as train going to kings. 

Being late 60s I can just about run trains with stanier and thompson stock in service 

How about a siding (or isolated piece of track) with a non-running steam locomotive with 'help save this steam locomotive for just £3 per month. Just phone 0898...' (or the 1960s equivalent... )

I suggested something similar to that to another modeller- though he replied with a language unfamiliar to me, except the end part which was 'off'.

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, Derekstuart said:

How about a siding (or isolated piece of track) with a non-running steam locomotive with 'help save this steam locomotive for just £3 per month. Just phone 0898...' (or the 1960s equivalent... )

I suggested something similar to that to another modeller- though he replied with a language unfamiliar to me, except the end part which was 'off'.

I like the idea Derek,  but a bit too late now. The areas of the railway that would be accessible by the public are all taken up now . The far board will be the railway running through open countryside and the other has the depot , marshaling yard and an NCL depot. 

The room is 35x20ft but its more or less full now 

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
On 23/10/2020 at 15:37, Derekstuart said:

35ft by 20ft? Bloody hell. That's some size of layout.

It's looking good from the pictures here.

That's the size of the room , the layout consists of around 100ft of base boards there are about 200yds of track and 135 sets of points. 

I've been buying track for around 15 years so didn't have to make a massive outlay of cash in one go 

• Like 7
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 1

17 hours ago, russ p said:

That's the size of the room , the layout consists of around 100ft of base boards there are about 200yds of track and 135 sets of points. 

I've been buying track for around 15 years so didn't have to make a massive outlay of cash in one go 

Flipping hell, Russ. Make sure the government doesn't try to nationalise you! My plan for Whtby is just under 50 points (I keep losing count) with 180 feet, so 60 yards and I thought that was hard enough. I really rather wish Whitby had been relaid with flat bottom track too- the thought of sliding nearly 11,000 bullhead rail chairs does not fill me with enthusiasm.

I think at 200 yards, with 135 points I'd go stark raving mad. Still, with the way C19 keeps being extended maybe we'll all get chance to finish layouts before it ends.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, Derekstuart said:

Flipping hell, Russ. Make sure the government doesn't try to nationalise you! My plan for Whtby is just under 50 points (I keep losing count) with 180 feet, so 60 yards and I thought that was hard enough. I really rather wish Whitby had been relaid with flat bottom track too- the thought of sliding nearly 11,000 bullhead rail chairs does not fill me with enthusiasm.

I think at 200 yards, with 135 points I'd go stark raving mad. Still, with the way C19 keeps being extended maybe we'll all get chance to finish layouts before it ends.

I wish I had the time an patience to have built the layout in bullhead,  I'm sure whitby will look fantastic when done 

• RMweb Gold

Laid out the track for the quayside this morning and placed the buildings 

The running line at the end will be where the swing Bridge is going to be. 

Unfortunately time is a bit tight at the moment as its RHTT season at work 

DSC_0918.JPG

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

Most of the track seen will be under cobbles or concrete hence the use of used track

The run round neck is only long enough for a drewry or industrial as its fed from the tramway 

DSC_0917.JPG

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

For the factory yard I've used the new stone coloured das clay which seems pretty good .

The cobbles were made with a cobble imprinted roller . I've tried this before but the clay shrunk and cracked  but this time I've made it thicker and put a layer of PVA underneath it 

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Been using stone das clay with a stone sett roller but unfortunately the clay is all sold out round here so have order some of the works website. Its so much better than the old colours as all you have to do is weather it. I've not done that yet or paint in some tarmac where the roller has missed 

DSC_0941.JPG

DSC_0940.JPG

DSC_0939.JPG

DSC_0938.JPG

DSC_0937.JPG

DSC_0936.JPG

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, beast66606 said:

Looking good Russ

Cheers Dave , still loads to do mind. 

Once the quay is finished then its the reedham/ Somerleyton esq swing Bridge to do