Cley-on-Sea 1960s Norfolk mainline terminus

russ p

6 hours ago, russ p said:

Thanks Andy,  good to see you Saturday.  I've put some of the figures on the layout yesterday I got from you

Great to see you again. I look forward to seeing the figures featuring in future pictures.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
34 minutes ago, Brian D said:

Yay! Welcome back mate. I've missed your updates. Keep them coming. Any chance of a video? 

Thanks , Brian.  

I'll do a video soon mate,. Once it's up and running properly I'm hoping to do cab ride type videos 

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Brian D said:

I'll look forward to that. Have you got a cam truck yet? 

I've got a very small camera but not tried using it yet, but will probably bluetack it to lowfit or something 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
32 minutes ago, lmsforever said:

Russ in the last but one photo of the oil terminus the line diverging to the left looks though a section of rail is missing adjacent to the point.

No it's definitely there it's a crap phone camera 

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

I've put two videos on YouTube,  please excuse the sound. As I still have a lot of decoders to fit I have left locos on the layout for effect . I've added some generic sounds rather than leave it quiet or have me wittering on 

• Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 3

4 hours ago, russ p said:

I've put two videos on YouTube,  please excuse the sound. As I still have a lot of decoders to fit I have left locos on the layout for effect . I've added some generic sounds rather than leave it quiet or have me wittering on 

Cracking videos Russ.  They really show the huge extent of the area modelled and all the hard work you have put in.

And my next request is a video showing moving trains please. :)

Regards,

Brian.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LNERGE said:

I'm seeing Norwich, Yarmouth South Town, Lowestoft and Ipswich with a bit of Reedham?. Magnificent.

I agree. Definitely Norwich with that station building and the platform layout. The layout of the yard is very Yarmouth, seeing a bit of King's Lynn in there too. As someone who's Norfolk born and bred, I can definitely say you've nailed the atmosphere as well @russ p.

Edited by RedGemAlchemist
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Actually ran trains for the first time on the layout with scenery today . Still a fair bit of track to clean.

I nipped out to smiths in Sheringham for some track magic and the unfortunately had sold out .

I then went to bure valley and came back £288 lighter with a Bachmann 47, its nice but a bit loud so needs turning down as it drowns out the gaugemaster sound generator 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, russ p said:

Actually ran trains for the first time on the layout with scenery today . Still a fair bit of track to clean.

I nipped out to smiths in Sheringham for some track magic and the unfortunately had sold out .

I then went to bure valley and came back £288 lighter with a Bachmann 47, its nice but a bit loud so needs turning down as it drowns out the gaugemaster sound generator 

Oh, you're only in Sheringham? I'm in Watton so you're only about an hour away from me as the crow flies. Even if you're not Norfolk born, always nice to see someone who lives local to me. 
Some lovely shots of your layout there, especially the bridge shot with the Class 04.

• RMweb Gold
31 minutes ago, RedGemAlchemist said:

Oh, you're only in Sheringham? I'm in Watton so you're only about an hour away from me as the crow flies. Even if you're not Norfolk born, always nice to see someone who lives local to me. 
Some lovely shots of your layout there, especially the bridge shot with the Class 04.

There are quite a few of us in norfolk on here

• Agree 2