Ho scale Gp handrail stanctions

class25

Hello,

I am relatively new to ho modelling. Geeps pottering about with grain hoppers on a stubby set of sidings. I have little knowledge of UK suppliers for loco bits and am after new stanctions for a couple of gp18's. I wondered if anyone out there can recommend a source or should I be looking overseas

Many thanks

Chris

Also check on eBay, there is a great seller by the name of sooo-much-stuff who I have used on a number of occasions. I think he mainly deals in Atlas, Athearn and Kato spares but you may find what u r looking for.

The other eBay option is to use tj-prantle, excellent source for detailing bits and pieces.

Smokey Valley stanchions are another route you could take, I am not trying to undermine the good advice of others, but I now avoid them as they take a lot of fettling to make the castings look good.

A much better option is to use the Stanchions made by Precision Scale Co who do offer a GP9 Stanchion in either brass or plastic (both are good) which I believe would work for a GP18 (please chip in if others know better). When you go to their website at Precision Scale Co Inc select the button for Detail Parts and scroll down the page to their catalogue for Diesel Locomotive Detailing Parts and open it. Parts are listed alphabetically and you will need to go to the page that lists all the available handrails they sell. You will also need the set of GP9 Pilot Handrails they sell. Whilst there you can also source the 0.21" wire you will need to finish the job. Best option is to give them a call and tell them what you want, they can take card orders over the phone and they will get your bits to you within 3 - 4 weeks if they have them in stock. Des Plaines Hobbies and Walthers also sell their parts but I find that they are often out of stock.

HTH

Chris 

Archived