Southern Railway Booster Locomotives CC1 CC2 20003

slilley

Kevin

Thank you for the posting, apologies for my delay in responding. So glad you have found the book of interest. I knew very little about them when we started the research but that's much different now.

As a follow up I am looking at doing a similar volume on the 71s and 74s. All sorts of information is falling out of the National Archives about those two classes already.

Happy New Year to all

Simon

As you know I have a copy of your fine book (and your co-authored one of 47s too) and can fully recommend it. I am looking forward eagerly to your work on the 71s. Have you found anything definitive yet as to the provision of ETH to the 71s and whether the BR 2-pole heating was fitted alongside the single pole UIC system. Keep up the good work that you are doing in unearthing hitherto little known information based on primary sources- long may you continue.

As you know I have a copy of your fine book (and your co-authored one of 47s too) and can fully recommend it. I am looking forward eagerly to your work on the 71s. Have you found anything definitive yet as to the provision of ETH to the 71s and whether the BR 2-pole heating was fitted alongside the single pole UIC system. Keep up the good work that you are doing in unearthing hitherto little known information based on primary sources- long may you continue.

Natalie

Thank you for the kind words. So glad you have enjoyed both books. Such a response makes it all worth while. The ETH issue is taking some working out, and hopefully I will make further progress. All the indications are that they could provide both, it depended on how the stock was all connected up.

Happy New Year to you

Simon

Archived