Irish Class 201 Sound by Mr Soundguy's RealDrive System

wiggy1

Mr Soundguy's new RealDrive system fitted to an Irish class 201 number 229, functions and RealDrive demonstration. 

Please view in full screen.

Enjoy.

Wiggy.

Edited by wiggy1
  • Like 3

Wiggy,

does F4 actually slow the loco down? and if so what state does it have to be in? can you describe the steps you made to make it actually stop?

That's a cracking layout by the way :)

OK, the loco needs to be moving obviously.

F4 and F5 OFF.

With the loco moving reduce the throttle to '0', this will put the loco into coast or very very slow in reducing speed, the rev's will spool down to tick over with the loco still coasting along, if you leave it in this state the loco will eventually slow to a stop but will take some time.

If you press F4 and leave F4 ON the loco will come to a fairly quick halt that's consistent with a main line passenger train trying to keep to a tight schedule.

If you toggle F4 ON and OFF, this will have the effect of putting the brakes ON and OFF again, just the same as using the foot brake on a car to slow down.

It is shown in the video (at 3.49) with the loco slowing down by toggling F4 ON and OFF.

Hope this helps.

If your not sure what I mean let me know and I'll do a video for that bit only.

Wiggy.

Edited by wiggy1

• 1 month later...

Any chance it might include HEP mode in the future along with the cooling fans? Also a automatic coupling noise, could just be a 'clunk' :)

I'll pass that on to Mr Soundguy.

I suppose it depends on how much memory is left on the chip but we will see.

Wiggy.

• 2 weeks later...

Your layout looks fabulous.  Love the long platforms, the lighting and realistically long trains.  I've just started to put Keith's (MrSoundguy) Zimo sound chips in my fleet of 141/181s and really like the 'real drive' system.  Took some getting used to and initially I found it strange, but now I would NOT go back to the more direct driving style of the LokSound.  MSGs Zimo 'real drive' is just such a more authentic way of driving a passenger or freight train with coasting and braking.  I just love it.  Don't get me wrong, I like the LokSound too and its very good, but the Zimo is just so much more fun to drive and the intelligent notching sounds the biz.

PS: for precision quiet motor drive I find the Zimo and LokSound both excellent, right up there with Lenz if not better.

Edited by NoelG

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

I've (finally) got myself a class 071, and would love to put a realdrive system in it.

2 questions - are they still available, and will it work with an NCE powercab?

Late reply but answers yes and yes.  And I use with NCE

Edited by NoelG