Hattons announce 14xx / 48xx / 58xx

Andy Y

Well, at least the reason for the delay with Hornby and Bachmann models is explained!  -  DJM have booked all the manufacturing slots in China.

More seriously, Although a Southern modeller, I  AM  pleased about this announcement as it MIGHT signal that other rather "old" models could be replaced, but let's see how this does commercially.

In addition, this little snippet caught my eye ;

Hi mate,

The revised Breattie has a coreless motor now, complete with better PCB board.

Hope this helps?

Cheers

Dave

Davecan you advise if the front toolboxes will have a variation as some were central to the splasher while others were forward some had one central and one forward, the toolbox position had an effect on the spare lamp irons.Could you supply the body only so it can be married to the High Level chassis?David

Hi David,

The 14xx is being made to Hattons specification and as such items such as these will hopefully be catered for in the matrix for the finished model.

Please drop them a line to,ask because at present we are 2/3 months off a decent cad/cam on this one.

Oh, and I'm looking at 2015 for this model possibly 3rd quarter if not earlier if all goes well.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 6

Here's a question for Dave:  or perhaps I should ask Hattons.  After pre-ordering a King in the first rush of enthusiasm, Hattons followed up by announcing DCC fitted versions.  It wasn't a problem to change the order but I wonder if I can avoid the same this time if I wait a little?  Will there be a DCC fitted version?

Richard

Hi Richard,

No idea, sorry.

Could you'd mail Hattons and ask them directly, as it is possible they will do this.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Gold

I am pleased to announce that after Warley show, I will be commissioning Dave to make the few remaining leftovers from the 2014 wish list poll...

I'm waiting till after the Hornby announcement next month.

Dave..................S15 mate........lovely loco......................deffo need Buffers to Commission that please! If i win the pools I'll be in touch.

Phil

Only too pleased to do it for you mate, come on down! :-)

• Like 3

So considering recent remarks on your own website "I’ve committed to not announcing any more products until i’ve cleared these in about 24 months time," (Aug)

How can justify so many more models inside such a short time frame, especially as you have not released final models of any loco yet?

So considering recent remarks on your own website "I’ve committed to not announcing any more products until i’ve cleared these in about 24 months time," (Aug)

How can justify so many more models inside such a short time frame, especially as you have not released final models of any loco yet?

Hi Dave,

I'm not announcing any new DJModels items within that period. This is down to cash flow, and business growth etc. It has nothing whatsoever to do with outside commissions, and the ability to produce, design, tool, and supply said commissions.

They are paid for in whole by the commissioning company, using my spare capacity to do so.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 1

Excellent news, thanks Dave!

I'm not usually 'that guy', but an unlined BR black 1427 would be perfect for me, along with any incarnation of 1466. However, 1450 or 1420 will certainly do to be getting on with as they would both surely have visited the Moretonhampstead branch had it been preserved! Also there must be a good chance that 1470 ran over the line in BR days... I've not got my books on me at the moment though.

All I can say is, superb! I'll probably opt for H1406 & H1407, though can anyone say for definite when the 48XX's were renumbered to 14XX's? Tempted by the wartime black 48XX but I don't think any would have survived in that livery until 1947, given the renumbering.

Also I like the idea of a GWR 'range' now emanating from Merseyside. Perhaps if both the autotanks and the Kings do well, we may very well see some Churchward and/or Collett coaching stock in due course? I would probably have kittens!

Cheers, 

CoY

• Like 5