Heljan GWR 47xx Night Owl

Hilux5972

• RMweb Gold

Talking to my local retailer today who happened to have the Heljan 2015/16 catalogue to hand.Product codes to aid the ordering of correct versions.

Product code No. 4780 Shirtbutton livery 4704

4781 Great Western livery 4705

4782 G badge W post war 4707

4783 BR early crest 4706

4784 Lined green livery 4705

4785 Lined green preserved 4709

• RMweb Premium

Talking to my local retailer today who happened to have the Heljan 2015/16 catalogue to hand.Product codes to aid the ordering of correct versions.

Product code No.

That's the one for me.  Thanks Robin.

And the £220 I put into ERNIE to pay for this has indeed been worth it - 2 x £25 wins so far on it.  

So by the time Heljan produce 4707, it may have generated the cash for 3 Hornby Collett coaches and Bachman's 94XX   :)

• Like 2

4780 Shirtbutton livery 4704

4783 BR early crest 4706

That's a nice selection covering a variety of GWR interests.

Were these ever lined in service?

• RMweb Gold

That's the one for me.  Thanks Robin.

And the £220 I put into ERNIE to pay for this has indeed been worth it - 2 x £25 wins so far on it.  

So by the time Heljan produce 4707, it may have generated the cash for 3 Hornby Collett coaches and Bachman's 94XX   :)

Coach Bogie posted this photo of 4707 earlier in the thread.

post-126-0-99132200-1438714353.jpeg

• RMweb Premium

Yes, they definitely were, but in BR days. The Great Western usually painted them unlined green, although I have seen pictures of at least one lined out for exhibition purposes (S&D 100th in 1925?)

Product code No. 4780 Shirtbutton livery 4704

4783 BR early crest 4706

Interested to see if they fit the "old-style" driving wheels to the model of the "new build"...

• RMweb Gold

Robin, do you suppose product 4784 to be 'late crest' and lined?

That's how I interpreted it.Like the photo above.No idea on price from the retailer either.Nice to see a post war liveried tender available.

• RMweb Premium

Interested to see if they fit the "old-style" driving wheels to the model of the "new build"...

Or the reduced pitch boiler, or cut down cab!

BR lined green with late crest. The only one lined in GWR days was 4700 which was given fully lined livery with all the trimmings for the S&D centenary in 1925.

4702 had the unique distinction of wearing lined BR black in the early 50s (all the others were unlined). This loco/livery was fairly well photographed so it seems odd that Heljan are missing out on this livery option.  :scratchhead:

• RMweb Gold

BR lined green with late crest. The only one lined in GWR days was 4700 which was given fully lined livery with all the trimmings for the S&D centenary in 1925.

4702 had the unique distinction of wearing lined BR black in the early 50s (all the others were unlined). This loco/livery was fairly well photographed so it seems odd that Heljan are missing out on this livery option.  :scratchhead:

The one listed with the early crest could be black but that's 4706.

• RMweb Gold

Is it possible to have a preserved loco if they haven't finished building it yet? :)

Luke

Strictly speaking, as a new build, 4709 will be "modern image" / post-privatisation / Era 9 rather than preserved. :jester:

John

Edited by Dunsignalling

• RMweb Premium

Strictly speaking, as a new build, 4709 will be "modern image" / post-privatisation / Era 9 rather than preserved. :jester:

John

It's not a new build.   It's a bitzer.    

Bitzer diss, bitzer dat and summa diss.

Some of it is new; some is very old...........

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I just checked the Model Railways Direct sute, they have the 47XX aswell as both the 1361 and 1366 dock shunters for pee-order. Might ever so slightly be pre-ordering a good number of the 47XX.

Obviously wetting themselves in excitement - ok it's easily done with the R and E keys next to each other

• RMweb Premium

I just checked the Model Railways Direct sute, they have the 47XX aswell as both the 1361 and 1366 dock shunters for pee-order. Might ever so slightly be pre-ordering a good number of the 47XX.

I have done a pre order of something else via a "box shifter" - there is a stated price so it makes sense.  I have also left a card number so I have committed to buying the item at the pre-agreed price.  I'm happy.

With no price and no release date, having this facility on the MRD site as a pre-order is pretty pointless.

Edited by M.I.B