Heljan GWR 47xx Night Owl

Hilux5972

• 3 weeks later...

This is one that made be snigger (I am easily tickled these days):

Heljan 4785 Class 47xx 2-8-0 4709 in BR lined Green with late crest - as preserved

Will there be a race who completes first?

PS - I am not knocking the work of the preservationists or the manufacturer - just the description.

• Like 1

....Will there be a race who completes first?

PS - I am not knocking the work of the preservationists or the manufacturer - just the description.

The bit about the wheels is interesting - note that they have had to use the post-1930 wheel pattern with webbing and a crankpin between spokes to match the wheels salvaged from the Large Prairie. All the original 47s were turned out with the earlier pattern (crankpin on spoke, and no webbing). Same goes for the reconstructed "Grange".

Heljan will probably turn out their 4709 with the early pattern driver as I can't see them creating a late-pattern tool just for this one engine.

Edited by Horsetan

• RMweb Gold

The bit about the wheels is interesting - note that they have had to use the post-1930 wheel pattern with webbing and a crankpin between spokes to match the wheels salvaged from the Large Prairie. All the original 47s were turned out with the earlier pattern (crankpin on spoke, and no webbing). Same goes for the reconstructed "Grange".

Heljan will probably turn out their 4709 with the early pattern driver as I can't see them creating a late-pattern tool just for this one engine.

Or they'll all have the later pattern wheel (in which vein I see that they appear to have copied the pipework off one engine which is different from all the others - but it's early days of course). 

• 1 month later...

Unless they just do the late pattern wheel so the can then go on to do the 61XX in 4mm...

Luke

• 5 weeks later...