Kernow GWR steam rail motor

DJM Dave

7 hours ago, sjgardiner said:

Quick question so I understand, as I've been trying to convince myself to not order this since you announced it! We place an order, it charges, and then you manually refund and charge for real when it comes in? I only ask that with exchange rates that probably means a few dollars change between the first and second charges. I don't expect it to be enough for me to care, i just wanted to understand for sure how your pre-order system is working.

Every time you post CAD's is pushes me more towards another purchase I don't need but kinda want anyways!

Thanks

Stephen

Hi Stephen

If you place your order via the website you will be charged immediately. If the model, such as the Steam Railmotor that of course you want / need,  is not expected within 28 days, we then refund your card and charge again at time of despatch.

If you are able to call us +44 1209 714099 to place an order we don't charge until ready to despatch, but you still need to provide your payment details.
We will also deduct the VAT as you are overseas reducing the overall cost to you, all of which we hope helps with the decision, that you already know the outcome of really, to order...

Edited by Kernow MRC
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

9 hours ago, Kernow MRC said:

We will also deduct the VAT as you are overseas reducing the overall cost to you, all of which we hope helps with the decision, that you already know the outcome of really, to order...

Hahaha, yes, it does feel inevitable that I will order one. Thanks for the clarification. I will no doubt place my pre order in the near future!

Thanks for responding.

Stephen

1 hour ago, County of Yorkshire said:

Has any thought been given to producing extra fishbelly bogies to sell as spares? There has never been, to the best of my knowledge, a fishbelly bogie done in RTR, and so I think they would be popular as individual items? I would certainly pick up half a dozen.

Cheers, 

CoY

Hm, do I foresee 6 railmotors with American bogies on eBay soon...

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
On 31/10/2020 at 12:28, County of Yorkshire said:

Has any thought been given to producing extra fishbelly bogies to sell as spares? There has never been, to the best of my knowledge, a fishbelly bogie done in RTR, and so I think they would be popular as individual items? I would certainly pick up half a dozen.

I said the same thing earlier on in the thread about the American bogies, had the same thought when I saw the fish belly bogies. They could be a nice little earner on the side.

• Agree 1

• 3 months later...
13 minutes ago, phil gollin said:

Any chance of an update on the progress of the GWR Railcar ?

Maybe a call to Kernow ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, Denbridge said:

This has probably been asked and answered already, but im wondering whether Kernow also intend to produce the auto trailers that these became?

Yes, page 2

no answer was forthcoming.

Edited by 57xx

• 5 weeks later...

Not the update I expect people were after but from the website:

Project Update - March 2021

Tooling is still in progress and we await the first impressions soon. Please note that the prices and new pre-order prices have increased slightly to £179.99 and for pre-orders £169.99.
We will contact customers who placed their orders prior to 15th March 2021 about their pricing and payment for pre-orders in due course.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Informative/Useful 4

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Even I as an SR Man is secretly excited about getting my hands on these for checking and testing (assuming they do not spontaneously combust when I touch them...)  

• Like 2
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, The Stationmaster said:

New disciples are always welcome. ;)

I wouldn't go that far, it's a cross I will have to bear for my job...

• Like 1
  • Funny 9
  • Friendly/supportive 1

7 hours ago, Graham_Muz said:

Even I as an SR Man is secretly excited about getting my hands on these for checking and testing (assuming they do not spontaneously combust when I touch them...)  

I would be worried about you developing a rash!

The samples look fantastic (and that’s coming from an EMU man!), can’t wait to see them, you know where to bring them! ;)

Simon

Edited by St. Simon
  • Like 1