Benson Arkansas

Broadoak

Thanks Jordan I'm glad you like the photo.

Andy being long time single has several boxes of railway related stuff going back many years, some British outline, both steam and diesel and also some USA outline.

Some years ago he painted and lettered a couple of EMD GP 38-2's along with a caboose in a new I&W blue and grey livery.

These he has now given to me, so they are going to work for a living instead of lazing in their boxes in his loft.

They are all Athearn blue box jobs but I rather like them, as they are bomb proof.

I will take some photos of them next week and post them.

Peter M

• Like 1

My old friend Andy Knott came up for a visit the other day and kindly gave me a pair of EMD geeps painted by him in a different I&W colour scheme that he did some years ago.

The following sequence shows #381 arriving with a cut of empty pulpwood flat cars.

The original photos are missing but a new replacement set can be found on page 17.

Peter M

Edited by Broadoak
  • Like 5

I've said it before but I'll repeat it - where the old Athearn BlueBoxes really score for me is with proper metal handrails!!

Ok they're slightly beefy, but best of all they stay straight!! And the paint stays on!! Modern HO locos may be well detailed, but plastic handrails were a step backwards :(

• 3 weeks later...

Those old GP38's never looked better. Next time I come round I will try to remember to print some number boards as I never got round to doing them.

The loft had to be sorted as a new roof was required and I did indeed find loco's etc that I had forgotten about.

I have had a good sort out and fair number will head to the next NMRA meet and sold, Not sure about the Susie Q's as the GP18 came from a late friend of mine so has a special spot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Good to see pics of Benson again and look forward to seeing more.

Your pics seem to been having the same inspirational effect on me that Colonel's Crossing did back in the day. :no:

Thanks for sharing.