Farish Blue Ribbon Logo

Tricky-CRS

I notice looking at the BR CCT's did not have the Blue Ribbon logo on the box and that it has disappeared from the website, does that mean that all the old tooling has been replaced with new upgraded models?

I suspect not, surely not all have NEM pockets and fine separate detail, this will make it harder to spot the new standard stuff.

Apart from old stock in shops all locomotives are now Bachmann derived with nothing left from Graham Farish's old range, coaches there is only the MKIII sleeper and in the wagons there is the Railfreight VBA, the HEA/CEA and HAA that are perhaps vintage.

Enough done to no longer need to differentiate the range I think.

Well the class 158 is still a crude Poole moulding, and has been announced in the latest catalogue as a relivery rather than retooling (despite the new tooling in OO). You could also argue that the cl.170 is a Poole era product, in terms of its standards and design, rather than having the "blue riband" approach.

Also basically all of the modern image short wheelbase wagons are old style - add the PGA, PAA, PCA etc to that list - all old mouldings but new liveries in catalogue.

Nonetheless, the point stands that the balance has tipped so far towards modern quality stock that it isn't worth differentiating.

Archived