Thanks John, I did not know the caps where included with the chassis. I think I know what to do for the sound project and I have located some handrails from my spares box but have no idea what type of wheels to purchase, the variety is bewildering.

Hi Chris I would like to put an order in for the GT3 Special as quoted in post 83, would the price be £62+2.50, could I send you a cheque along with the details as mentioned on your website.

Hi Abadacus, being the one who innocently started this thread nearly 2 years ago, and overwhelmed by the responses, suggestions, advise, and even parts and details being made available, I am intrigued by what you mentioned about a sound project.  I contacted John at YouChoos, who does bespoke DCC sound projects, and he was supportive but unable to commit the resources to such a project. I had suggested finding some of the same sounds that have recently appeared on a sim driving program for the GT3. What are your ideas? 

Hi Abadacus, being the one who innocently started this thread nearly 2 years ago, and overwhelmed by the responses, suggestions, advise, and even parts and details being made available, I am intrigued by what you mentioned about a sound project.  I contacted John at YouChoos, who does bespoke DCC sound projects, and he was supportive but unable to commit the resources to such a project. I had suggested finding some of the same sounds that have recently appeared on a sim driving program for the GT3. What are your ideas? 

My Idea is similar to yours. Although I am not a train simulator user, I do know about Victory Works GT3 sim and I was planning on contacting them as to how they obtained the sounds for their project. I'm guessing that they sampled an early industry type gas turbine rather than sounds from the actual train, either way I plan on contacting Legomanbiffo to see if he can tackle the job if not then I plan on purchasing a LokProgrammer to enter the sounds into a LokSound V4.0 but this will take time since the none sound side of the controller chip will be new to me and will require reading and experimenting but I am not in a rush.

My Idea is similar to yours. Although I am not a train simulator user, I do know about Victory Works GT3 sim and I was planning on contacting them as to how they obtained the sounds for their project. I'm guessing that they sampled an early industry type gas turbine rather than sounds from the actual train, either way I plan on contacting Legomanbiffo to see if he can tackle the job if not then I plan on purchasing a LokProgrammer to enter the sounds into a LokSound V4.0 but this will take time since the none sound side of the controller chip will be new to me and will require reading and experimenting but I am not in a rush.

I suspect you are right about the Victory Works sim sounds, but after listening to 7 1/4 gauge model, that sounded remarkably like the sim version, it seems they got the unique direct drive aspect of the GT3 down right... I did also try to contact Legomanbiffo and put forward the idea of creating a new GT3 project but have not received a reply yet.. Programming a LokSound V4.0 and building your own project sounds like an interesting challenge, and as you say, there is the drive side of the chip to deal with! 

I've been intrigued about that beast myself, now with the shell available, and HighLevel producing a first class chassis, finally really it becomes within reach. 

But those etched grills are really a must.

Just see http://www.rmweb.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=46203 archived, unfortunately.

So, if there is a way these can be made available again....

C,-w

(PS. also in the states...)

• RMweb Premium

I've been intrigued about that beast myself, now with the shell available, and HighLevel producing a first class chassis, finally really it becomes within reach. 

But those etched grills are really a must.

Just see http://www.rmweb.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=46203 archived, unfortunately.

So, if there is a way these can be made available again....

C,-w

(PS. also in the states...)

I have one set left, pm me for details if you would like them.

Ian

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I've only just seen this thread after I was 'tipped off' by another member. I can still supply the detail etches if anybody wants any but I will have to order them from the etchers. If anybody wants any please pm me.

Ian

Edit: I have just checked my box of etches and I have one full set of Loco and tender etches in stock.