Neasden LT Steam Shed

TravisM

• RMweb Gold

Has anyone got plans or diagrams of Neasden steam shed?  I am kicking myself as I could have got loads of photographs of it when I worked for LT in the late 70's, early 80's.

Julian Sprott

There is a floor plan in 'The Red Panniers', and loads of really nice atmospheric interiors as well. IIRC there is a chapter or at least part of a chapter devoted the Neasden steam shed. I don't know what the book retails at now, but it is well worth getting for loads of photos of interesting locations. Since getting a copy, I have planned about 6 layouts, none of which will probably ever get built!

I once attempted to subscribe to the District Dave forum.  It started well, but then reached a stage where you had almost to provide a CV and references.  I just thought, 'Oh, blow it'.

It's a good forum, but there are golf clubs that are easier to join.

I once attempted to subscribe to the District Dave forum.  It started well, but then reached a stage where you had almost to provide a CV and references.  I just thought, 'Oh, blow it'.

It's a good forum, but there are golf clubs that are easier to join.

I never had any problem!

I've never had a problem either, but since I joined there have been problems with certain now ex-members and they are now more cautious.

Maybe that is why they have introduced these rather irksome and slightly intrusive hurdles. Those who joined of old probably did not experience it. The downside is that it might put people off joining. It did me.

It does tend to give the impression of being a rather exclusive and unfriendly club.  As I say, it is an interesting site, but the throughput of the forum is somewhat slow.  Maybe there is a reason for this.

Archived