New Hornby Collectors Club?

southernelectric

• RMweb Gold

Fonmon is a good one, and we could be making assumptions about model quality here...

Hornby has this little creature in the international HO range...

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/uploads/monthly_01_2012/post-6220-0-49376200-1327515116.jpg

Fonmon or something like could always enter the catalog in the railroad range using such a tooling as this... they’ve used this tooling twice in the UK already as a faux taff vale and GWR loco.

They have prior form in these teasers.. last year they teased used about a railroad upgrade causing speculation that something was about to be upgraded... turned out to be a railroad B17.

Edited by adb968008

Could you snap a picture for us to see the clues?

Finally seen the latest downloadable edition of The Collector and seen for myself  the "teaser" photos of the measuring up of prototypes for the 2019 range. After looking at the photo of the tender coal rails I initially thought that it could be something North Eastern like a J27 or J21 but the lamp bracket is in the wrong place for an NE tender. However; the lamp bracket is not in the wrong place for a North British tender and has the right number of coal rails. Could J36 "Maude" be a new Hornby model for 2019?

Mmmmmm.............

All will be revealed at Warley?? 

Andy.

post-25981-0-06280700-1511233741.jpg

Finally seen the latest downloadable edition of The Collector and seen for myself  the "teaser" photos of the measuring up of prototypes for the 2019 range. After looking at the photo of the tender coal rails I initially thought that it could be something North Eastern like a J27 or J21 but the lamp bracket is in the wrong place for an NE tender. However; the lamp bracket is not in the wrong place for a North British tender and has the right number of coal rails. Could J36 "Maude" be a new Hornby model for 2019?

Mmmmmm.............

Andy.

Mmmmmm.............

Andy.

Further to my previous post. Attached is a photo of the rear of "Maude's" tender. Coal rails and lamp iron match those in "The Collector" photo. The tender water tank filler lid lifting handle also matches one of the other Hornby "teaser" photos.

Andy.

post-25981-0-67710600-1511236346.jpg

Maude isn't the only NBR tender locomotive still in existence......

Jason

My money is on a J36 as photos on the web show Maude inside a white, corrugated steel structure (at the Boness Railway I think) and the Hornby photo shows the same in the backgroud. A Glen would be nice too though.

• Like 1

Could not just be a new tender for the Q6 ?

There was reference to revisions and enhancements to something from the 2016 catalog, and the Q6 was new in 2016?

NER Tenders had the top lamp iron in the centre(fish) of the rear panel , not on the top of the rails ,as in that picture.

My money is on a J36 as photos on the web show Maude inside a white, corrugated steel structure (at the Boness Railway I think) and the Hornby photo shows the same in the backgroud. A Glen would be nice too though.

Do they have the same type of tender?

As I'm as much thinking about things that go together. Recently Hornby have been doing models that compliment each other.

For example.

Ex LSWR T9, M7, 700, S15, Adams Radial, plus ex LSWR and Maunsell coaches.

Ex GER D16, J15, B12, B17 plus Gresley and Thompson coaches.

So could we see a J36, Glen, N15 and a new J83 over the next few years?

Jason

The list of LSWR loco types include 3 with Drummond origins which had near counterparts in Scotland.i e

T9 and a Highland Peter Drummond design built in the same works at the same time!(Small Ben?)

700 as built and Caley 2F.So a J36 would be possible.

M7 and Caley 2p (439)of which 419 is preserved.

A totally new J83 is badly needed and a Caley 782 class 0-6-0T as an alternative!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I see that the "New Hornby Collectors Club" has gone back to the idea of a compulsory "Club Model" (You guessed it, yet another oddly liveried GWR 101) and the only Club Members Only model at present is the SECR H class with brass dome for £100.

You also get a pin badge and 4 quarterly mags, all for £28.

A bit more expensive than the old club but no mention of the floated premium level at present.

http://www.Hornby.com/uk-en/thecollector

I have just seen the advert and notice no mention of any member discount on website purchases as there was before. It worries me that they do not seem to have a clue what they are doing. Firstly announcing the club with a big articles in Hornby Magazine describing the two level membership, then nothing happening for a few months. Now all seems to have changed again. I think, until I see the club running, I will save my cash.

• RMweb Premium

As I understand it you can still buy the SE&CR model without being a club member @£125 . The cost of membership is £28 and the members price of loco £100

I’m interested in the magazine but little else to be honest. I think the fact that they are giving away another 0-4-0 again is an indication they don’t know quite who to target the club at . I stopped my last membership because I was fed up with receiving 0-4-0s that I never ran and the magazine was full of track-mat layouts from Jack aged 5.

I thought the new club was to target the older market and maybe even emulate the successful Bachmann club , but it seems there has been a rethink. We are back to the split personality Hornby not sure if it’s catering for the young Trainset market, hence the 0-4-0 or the more serious enthusiast market. On the whole I’d be paying £7 each for a magazine with little else of use to me. I don’t think so

Edited by Legend

As I understand it you can still buy the SE&CR model without being a club member @£125 . The cost of membership is £28 and the members price of loco £100

How do you do that please?

From the Hornby website: "Our Hornby Club Models are only available to our Club members - find out more about Club membership from only £15, including 10% discount on orders from the website."

Hyperlink leads to "We are currently amending the Hornby Club package therefore new memberships, including renewals, are suspended. If you are currently a member of the Hornby Club your membership is unaffected and you can still log in."

Edited by PrestburyJack

• RMweb Premium

How do you do that please?

From the Hornby website: "Our Hornby Club Models are only available to our Club members - find out more about Club membership from only £15, including 10% discount on orders from the website."

Good point . I don’t know but I’m quoting from the advert in first two pages of Hornby Mag

It says “Exclusive Hornby CollectorClub Model”

Available only through the Hornby Collectors Club the Model is available to Club Members at a special price of £99.99 including p&p. For non members £129.99 plus £5 p&p

So there a bit of a contradiction there. Like the Collectors Club doesn’t seem particularly well thought out, or maybe someone changed his mind mid announcement

Can only suggest contacting Hornby. Good luck with that

I see that the "New Hornby Collectors Club" has gone back to the idea of a compulsory "Club Model" (You guessed it, yet another oddly liveried GWR 101) ...

Hmmm, perhaps I can guess whose idea that might have been.

I had participated in the club back when this sort of thing was the norm. I disengaged from the club when they eliminated the paper magazine option for overseas customers. I'm not sure this will lure me back.

• 2 weeks later...