New Hornby Collectors Club?

southernelectric

Nothing here either.

Just checked and the last Hornby email was to announce that "New Wagons & Coaches have arrived!" on the 17th.

I wonder if their email machine is prioritising

• Preorders placed by buyers who are still Club Members
  • Preorders in order of date

I know that if you were a member when the order was placed (as you had to be!), then the order is still valid even if membership has lapsed, but it wouldn't surprise me if continuing members were being prioritised!

Edited by Hroth
re-ordering criteria

57 minutes ago, Hroth said:

Nothing here either.

Just checked and the last Hornby email was to announce that "New Wagons & Coaches have arrived!" on the 17th.

I know that if you were a member when the order was placed (as you had to be!), then the order is still valid even if membership has lapsed, but it wouldn't surprise me if continuing members were being prioritised!

I ordered right away but membership (set up the same day) has since expired.

2 hours ago, Hroth said:

Nothing here either.

That could be possible. When i joined up in Feb last year, I immediately pre-ordered the H at the same time.  So they may well be emailing in pre-order order. 

Most curious.

But its not at the club price, though £116.99 is close to club price plus club membership. However you don't get a little badge, the free club loco and the club magazines.  I think buying it through the club gets you out a fraction of an inch ahead of the game...  :jester:

Perhaps they haven't sold as many as they hoped to through the club and the rest are being sent into the retail channel at Class H RRP, rather than having them sitting about in storage, waiting for them to shift like some of the club models in the past.  (White Cab Roof Flying Scotsman cough)

11 hours ago, Hroth said:

They do get rather over-excited sometimes...

However Hattons have it listed too, though marked as "out of stock".  Who knows?

A search on Hatton’s site doesn’t find it. Perhaps it has been removed; Hatton’s probably cannot afford to fall out with Hornby as well!

1 hour ago, No Decorum said:

A search on Hatton’s site doesn’t find it. Perhaps it has been removed; Hatton’s probably cannot afford to fall out with Hornby as well!

I noticed it googling Hornby R3648

https://www.hattons.co.uk/338205/Hornby_R3648_SECR_Class_H_Wainwright_0_4_4T_263_in_South_Eastern_and_Chatham_Railway_lined_gr/StockDetail.aspx

15 minutes ago, Hroth said:

Possibly Hattons have created the page so that they have all the information they will need when second-hand/pre-owned models are inevitably offered to them sometime in the future. The page does invite readers to register their interest on their wishlists so they "will email you if a pre-owned one becomes available". Just a thought.

It looks more like a standard new product display, rather than a second hand/preowned one.

Its got the ordinary Hornby catalogue number and description rather than the Hattons stock numbering and preowned wording. The "will email you if a pre-owned one becomes available" line always pops up when new stock sells out. For example compare with the listing for the original SECR H class, R3538:   https://www.hattons.co.uk/229854/hornby_r3538_secr_class_h_wainwright_0_4_4t_308_in_south_eastern_and_chatham_railway_lined_gr/stockdetail.aspx

Another interesting thing is that Hattons don't currently have any preowned H class locos at all!

• RMweb Gold

So Ive not got the email, logged into Hornby's website and found my order has been cancelled.

8101A90C-47B0-4925-A7E6-7A2BADE9B4DA.jpeg.9e67ff60825f8d8055c81a5484057980.jpeg

939FA774-AC3D-45A0-82B1-0AC4384F10AB.jpeg.8e1fb2959e707f2cd247edcc8800b458.jpeg

ive not been in the collectors club, since about a month after this model was announced, and this is my last remaining order with Hornby.

I tried my Hornby account again, and saw I had now 2  separate orders or maybe they canceled one and processed another I just don't know, but it would appear they've cancelled it after trying to charge my card  (which expired), I havent recieved any notification, but there was a message on the other online order page about updating my card before May 30th.. so I have done so, and today the status has changed to Despatched and I see a pdf invoice, so looks like I am now set.

So if you've not heard anything login, check your card details as it seems they are canceling orders which aren't immediately processed and you only have a few days in which to update it.

Edited by adb968008
  • Informative/Useful 1

3 hours ago, Hroth said:

Ah yes. Hatton’s seems to remove stuff front the “shopfront” part of its site when it is sold out. Nevertheless, there does seem to be a hidden archive where all sorts of stuff hide.

2 hours ago, adb968008 said:

ive not been in the collectors club, since about a month after this model was announced, and this is my last remaining order with Hornby.

My membership expired this March, so whilst I knew that the preorder would go through (Hornby had emailed me to say it was being processed), I logged in for the first time in ages to check.  I'm glad to say that it was despatched today, so probably a Tuesday arrival!