Clockwork Ideas 08-16 C80-RT Tamper Kit

JonKing

Hi all,

I thought it appropriate that my first real "modelling" post on here was about the excellent Clockwork Ideas Tamper Kit.

I obtained my first kit at the Burton DEMU exhibition in May which turned out to be a good move as a few days later I badly broke my leg necessitating surgery (pins and metal plates). Being confined to the sofa for the next 10 weeks I was glad to have something to keep my occupied.

The kit went together really well and has been very well designed with little or no fettling of parts required and very comprehensive instructions, I enjoyed the build so much that when I completed the first (bar painting) in 2 weeks I promptly ordered another!

Over the last couple of months the models have been slowly painted (now that I can get out to the garage) and have reached a point where I can share pictures. I have chosen to model both tampers in Amey livery, one in the new plain color scheme and another with the older striped scheme (stripes are custom transfers from Precision Labels), both need finishing (handrails, bogies on one and other minor details) but hopefully these photos show that these kits build into a really nice model.

post-24470-0-73537100-1417640938.jpg

post-24470-0-86172400-1417640959.jpg

I am really tempted to buy another one now and finish it in Colas colours, hopefully Clockwork ideas also produce some more kits of different prototypes in the future!

• RMweb Premium

I 3d printed two development chassis for him at work two weeks ago. I defo know,what it is and when we might see the first test builds!!!!!!!!

I was lucky enough to see the chassis at Warley the other week. It's another on my shopping list!

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Gold

I was lucky enough to see the chassis at Warley the other week. It's another on my shopping list!

Cheers,

Mick

I think i must have been peering over kilfords shoulder while i was waiting to speak to you!

I really should get one of these in colas colours

• RMweb Premium

I think i must have been peering over kilfords shoulder while i was waiting to speak to you!

Very possibly!

Of the two I have photos of, one was scrapped in 2009 and the other exported to Australia in 2011.........

However, there are still a few of them around.

Cheers,

Mick

I 3d printed two development chassis for him at work two weeks ago. I defo know,what it is and when we might see the first test builds!!!!!!!!

Interesting stuff, looking forward to finding out what it is! In the meantime may have to add a colas C100-RT to my collection.

Hi Stadman,

You've built and painted these ever so well! Really nice to see them. It'd be great to see them operating. Have you got a layout you take to exhibitions which they operate on?

Cheers

Tom

Tom,

Not modelling I'm afraid. No layout either, I run on local society layout (Exeter) Have got a Britannia Pacific 07 (4mm scale) which I gave a quick run the other day.

Kev S

• RMweb Gold

I will have mine operating on Brighton East at Southampton in January. You may just see the first prototype of the new kit that until Jonathon annouces it remains nameless running as well! Sorry Jonathon you did sort of agree to the challenge last Thursday.

I will have mine operating on Brighton East at Southampton in January. You may just see the first prototype of the new kit that until Jonathon annouces it remains nameless running as well! Sorry Jonathon you did sort of agree to the challenge last Thursday.

Look forward to seeing, reading and eventually buying one.

Sadly Southampton in January may be a bit too far for me however hopefully someone will report back on the prototype if you have it running!

No layout currently for my C80-RTs, however a slightly scaled down version of Kings Norton OTP is currently looking quite tempting.

• 3 weeks later...

If people are interested in seeing the tamper then you can do so on the DC Kits trade stand, if they are there at any show local to you. If you go to the sound booth section, Legomanbiffo has one fitted with sound. So you can see the model complete and here the sounds it makes as well. Be warned, if you have made the kit yourselves, you will be very tempted by the sounds, it does set the kit off nicely.

By the way, the details of the next kit are available in an article in the modelling section of January's Rail Express, page M7.

Archived