Hi, I'm 40126.

Good Man!!!!! .......I hope 40126 will have a similar total disrespect for the 'Limited Edition' bull#hit & make it into a nice model   :tomato:

Thanks Phill, Im glad that you approve.

Often 'limited edition' ie of 5000 isnt limited edition, ideally limited edition is below 500, well below :derisive:  :onthequiet:

I have a few 'collections' but they are out of their boxes and gather dust as I like looking at them, when it comes to trains, tanks, cars, trucks, boats et al it all gets used and weathered - do things get damaged? Yes sometimes, but that's a calculated risk. No value judgements and each to their own, but I am a model-maker/modeller first and foremost, as opposed to a collector.

I think with many of the diecast 1:50/1:43 type models, one has to be selective as some miss the mark in terms of their basic shape - yet some of the Oxford light commercials are very good, whilst others are not. Also it all has to fit together, road vehicles and railway alike. I like how Gordon Gravett fettles them though by just drilling out the rivets for access to the interiors to flush glaze and fettle, flattening the tyre bottoms, placing the front wheels at an angle etc.

ATVB

CME

• 1 month later...

More of a clean up in the garage tomorrow morn. The wife has said if I get rid of all the clutter in the garage, I can start a layout in there. & also if there's (eBay / Facebook) selling items, I can put that money towards it too !!. Result.

Steve

While the soaps are on, I let the dog out into the back garden. I had a tape measure handy, so I took measurements in the garden !!. & the garage

First up, The garden. It's only a small garden, so the line would have to go onto the decking..

post-24787-0-92402200-1437683036_thumb.jpg

& The garage.

post-24787-0-76619200-1437683085_thumb.jpg

Steve

• 3 months later...

Hi Peeps,

Not done any modelling for a while, Think Mr Mojo has done a runner again !!.

I have purchased a Lima O gauge Interfrigo van / wagon off T'ebay for under a tenner...

post-24787-0-61934000-1446160846_thumb.jpg

post-24787-0-53859900-1446160877_thumb.jpg

post-24787-0-86686700-1446160888_thumb.jpg

This will be heavily weathered.

Steve

Hi Peeps,

Not done any modelling for a while, Think Mr Mojo has done a runner again !!.

I have purchased a Lima O gauge Interfrigo van / wagon off T'ebay for under a tenner...

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

This will be heavily weathered.

Steve

Nice to see you on here and modelling/posting again!

ATVB

CME

Hi Steve.

You had better watch this Continental stuff! It has a habit of making you look for other manufacturers like Lenz and MBW. Their stuff is brilliant and a lot cheaper than the British equivalent. Look at what I have brought over the last 2 - 3 years on Ramchester. At present I have nearly as much German stuff as British!! And all DCC sound fitted to boot.

Rod

Thanks Rod & CME.

I have a few Lima ferry vans, some of which I got off Phill (Dyson). I've just missed out on another Interfrigo on eBay tonight (Gutted). As I would like to create a Scottish themed layout to run my 26 /27's on.

Steve

I rec'd a Xmas pressie last Friday, I bought myself, for the wife to put away till she can wrap it....

post-24787-0-09718400-1446421183_thumb.jpg

This is the 5th Strathwood book I have, & I could deffo recommend them

Steve

Archived