Severn Models - Buildings Kits in Etched Brass

severn

Can I put a vote in for an etched sheet of Victorian style gas lamp tops and brackets for wall and posts. The posts are not really a problem just brass tube, with square tube base for instance, but the tops are very difficult in 4mm scale to get the delicate appearance for platform lamps etc. Even the finials on the top would make up from flat folded etches, as would the tops , sides and bottom, with suitable ladder brackets for street and platform use, and wall bracket supports as well.

The working FE types are overscale by quite a bit, so fine scale types on a sheet would be appreciated, I am pretty sure.

Although Victorian many remain in use, or converted to electricity.

Stephen.

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I've attached a photo of the 4mm pylon I built for a friend (temporarily positioned on Oakley Green when visiting Wigan recently). We've since decided that a permanent one would look good on Oakley Green, so I've started another one. Again I've elected to solder for ease and strength.

post-7854-0-99944400-1476223018_thumb.jpg

Ive primed using Halfords grey primer and then dry brushed using Warhammer "Russ Gray" which gives a good representation of "South Wales Grey" as used by South Wales Switchgear the company who built them.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In the morning - Saturday 5th November - I am off to High Wycombe model railway exhibition with my display of goodies :)

Visitors might get a sneak peek at a new train set kit soon to launch...   this whole set is on a base board 4" long.

med_gallery_23208_3492_372067.jpg

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

In the morning - Saturday 5th November - I am off to High Wycombe model railway exhibition with my display of goodies :)

Visitors might get a sneak peek at a new train set kit soon to launch...   this whole set is on a base board 4" long.

med_gallery_23208_3492_372067.jpg

Can you motorise it?....or rubber band drive?

Dava

• 3 weeks later...

I will be taking my display and full stock of goodies to the Warley show at the NEC this weekend - come and say hi at stand A71A!

I think it is somewhere near the Dapol stand, which is a nice landmark in such a big show :)

Got new ladder kits out in 2mm and 4mm, with normal ladders and some bolt-on-the-wall types :

med_gallery_23208_3492_135598.jpg

med_gallery_23208_3492_28062.jpg

Edited by severn
  • Like 7

Answers to questions :

7mm : ladders will be in my next batch of new stuff, along with 7mm signal box interior.

Brackets for extending ladders : I did try to work a good way to realistically do brackets for extending ladders, but the bits were ridiculously small even for me. The ladders can just be cut and re-glued overlapping to get the effect though, and a few slivers of paper would represent the hooks/catches quite well I think.

Mini train sets : I now have two sizes, created as toy trains for 1:12 and 1:24 dollshouse modellers, though they will represent various scales at various other scales :D

The larger one (kit T4, £28) has a 4mm track gauge, and the smaller one (kit G4, £22) is one a 2mm track gauge. Kits will be ready imminently.

More pics at http://www.severnmodels.com  - for the toy train sets look in the model rail > large scale/garden railway section, or the dollshouse sections.

Now to load up the car - off to Warley to set up this afternoon!

Thanks to all who stopped by at my stand at Warley - that's a big show :O

A great weekend all round with quite a few folks taking a Severn Models kit home to build :)

Andreas : the N / 2mm ladders are 2.4mm wide, and the OO / 4mm are 4.8mm and 4.5mm wide.

• RMweb Gold

A great weekend all round with quite a few folks taking a Severn Models kit home to build :)

Andreas : the N / 2mm ladders are 2.4mm wide, and the OO / 4mm are 4.8mm and 4.5mm wide.

It was a very busy show and it was good to stop for a quick chat - Glad to hear the office type furniture will hopefully be available in the new year. Started work on my platelayers hut I got from the show last night - one day I will get around to posting a few pics of my efforts! Great kit, great detail and very clear instructions!

Albeit a small purchase made by me ( a 4mm signal box interior) what I was most impressed with was that the etch was handed to me attached to a small sheet of hardboard to protect it. Little things like this matter to me when you place them in a bag to stop them being damaged. Very happy thank you. Edited by bgman

Good to hear you like your kits - my aim is to make them so nice that you feel the need for another one ;)

Every order gets packed onto a board, both at shows and in the post to protect it. I only want your kit to be bent when it is being done deliberately during construction :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...