Severn Models - Buildings Kits in Etched Brass

severn

Ah, OK.

Just feeling annoyed as I went to order something from someone online last week, (not railway modelling) and they went right through until I had to click "pay now" on Paypal before revealing £5 added for P&P on a tiny thing.

I cancelled it only to have them send it anyway, then ring up and ask for payment as it never went through.

THEN they wanted me to send it back at my own expense.

It wouldn't have happened had they been upfront.

The P&P charges depends on the weight of the items you want. These are added to the basket total so you can see what you will pay as you add items.

Still should be possible to do this as the order items are added, concurrently updating the P&P. Very useful when there is a weight chnage as you can decide to defer on item until the next order. This is also useful when there is a price limit that triggers "free P&P" ... just add one more small item to get the whole lot cheaper (ala Amazon).

These kits look rather good, I'm trying to dream up some excuse

Ordered the 4mm workshop set just the thing for my diesel depot.

Very quick delivery. I'm not that used to bending brass so it's going to be a challenge for me. It looks great though will look amazing once painted and built up.

The bit of wood that kept it flat in the envelope won't go to waste either looks like it will be handy for a low relief building. Added bonus. Thanks again satisfied customer here.

Hi all, good to hear you all got your kits, I posted them before heading off to set up my display at the N gauge show on friday afternoon. It was an excellent show, so hi to anyone who saw me there!

For bending I use a low-tech method - the fold line is etched into the brass already, so then I hold one side of the fold with needle nose pliers, then use a steel ruler (or other flat piece of metal) to press the fold round. This just supports the metal and concentrates the pressure at the etched fold line.

A few kits are currently sold out, but rest assured I will get new stock on the go tomorrow :)

sml_gallery_23208_3492_40328.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I was at the Farnham & District show last weekend at Aldershot, so hi if you saw me there, it was a really good show.

It's off to the Peterborough BRM show this weekend, for the National Festival of Railway Modelling so hopefully I will meet some more RMWeb'ers there!

If you are going to the show and would like to reserve something, please email me what you would like, your name and which day you are visiting :  andy@severnmodels.com

Everything is back in stock at the moment if anyone is waiting, I am hoping for a busy weekend so there might be a few sold out by Monday (new stock takes about 2 weeks).

SevernModels.com

sml_gallery_23208_3492_40328.jpg  sml_gallery_23208_3492_179039.jpg  sml_gallery_23208_3492_147672.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been collecting images of some Severn Models kits now appearing on exhibition layouts which is pretty cool to see!

Here is the D1 Brick Lineside Hut on John Cook's 'Kepier Colliery' which I saw last weekend at the Blythe & Tyne model railway show. John has customised it by adding doors to the lean-to store on the end. Maybe the workers here are deciding whose turn it is to make a brew....

med_gallery_23208_3492_170892.jpg

Next up the D6 workshop equipment tools in use in various places on Terry Tew's 'Earls Court' layout. Some are in the builders yard, some in the car garage, and a few are for sale in the 2nd hand shop!

sml_gallery_23208_3492_89593.jpg  sml_gallery_23208_3492_14462.jpg  sml_gallery_23208_3492_58150.jpg

And then there is one of the sheds from kit N11, making an appearance on Farnham model railway clubs 'Bolden' layout, nested nicely in among the scenery.

med_gallery_23208_3492_187486.jpg

Full size images are all in my gallery if you want a closer look - http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/gallery/album/3492-severn-models/

• Like 6

Hi Mike, yes the Roundhouse is in my exhibition calendar for 2016, I am trying to get around the country as much as possible! There will likely be a few new kits out by then too.

Recently I painted up a D2 Platelayers Hut (a 4mm kit) for my exhibition display, so heres a couple of photos :

med_gallery_23208_3492_30068.jpg

med_gallery_23208_3492_71244.jpg

• Like 8

Hiya fella, it was nice to meet you at Railex North East, I have just about finished dealing with the chaotic aftermath and getting back to normal! I'm hoping to get a few hours here and there over the festive period to get some work done on the kits.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and yours, I look forward to further developments.

• 4 weeks later...

Its a new year, and time for some more exhibitions! I was at Weston Super Mare last Sunday, so hi to anyone who saw me there.

This weekend its off to St. Albans for a weekend show, looking forward to it - from the list of layouts and traders there will be plenty to see.

CMRA website for the show : http://cmra.org.uk/stalbans.html

See you there hopefully...

• 1 month later...

It's been a while since I posted my news, there's quite a lot so will post a bit more next week.

I will be exhibiting this weekend at Lincoln & District Model Railway show, so come and say hi if you are making the trip.

A sneak peek of a new display model I just finished, here are a couple of photos.

It consists of parts from the greenhouse, sheds, and the garden & workshop tool kits, and a bag of the corrugated sheet I make. Scale is for OO / 4mm to 1 foot.

med_gallery_23208_3492_222738.jpg

med_gallery_23208_3492_85723.jpg

• Like 14

Time for some new kits!

After several requests to bring the platelayers hut from 4mm into 2mm, here it is - and as they are quite compact I squeezed two styles into one fret.

Detailed to represent sleeper-built construction with corrugated roof, and brick chimney stacks.

2mm / N gauge  -  N16 Set of 2 Platelayer Huts :

med_gallery_23208_3492_217006.jpg

Also for 2mm / N gauge modellers, below is a building I have wanted to do for a while. The etching process is ideal for weighbridge texture.

Bonded brick texture with slate/tile roof, and there was room in the fret to include a doorstep and a mechanism maintenance hatch.

2mm / N gauge  -  N17 Weighbridge Set :

med_gallery_23208_3492_155418.jpg

And here it is with big brother 4mm version which is also new :

sml_gallery_23208_3492_336805.jpg

The surface texture of the bridge plate shines out when you paint it, especially with a few ink washes and a bit of drybrushed silver on the bits that would get driven on by vehicles.

4mm / OO gauge  -  D8 Weighbridge Set :

med_gallery_23208_3492_154942.jpg

med_gallery_23208_3492_104903.jpg

All new kits now available at http://severnmodels.com

Edited by severn
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ian, at the moment I have the garden sheds and tool kits in 7mm, though I will be expanding the range over time. I will probably need to limit the size of the buildings though as they would get rather expensive in 7mm due to the surface area of brass it would take to build them.

Coming soon for 7mm will be a signal box interior and a greenhouse, then possibly more detailing kits and some other smaller sized buildings.

I've been painting again, here is a new painted example of the OO / 4mm brick hut, and the platelayers huts for N / 2mm

med_gallery_23208_3492_109706.jpg

med_gallery_23208_3492_72986.jpg

and for comparison, here is one of the platelayer huts in both scales..

med_gallery_23208_3492_140138.jpg

• Like 10

I'm sure everybody knows already, but it's Alexandra Palace exhibition this weekend in London! I will be on stand 177 with all the goodies so come and say hi.

Hopefully this newly painted 4mm signal box, shown with 2mm sibling, will help tempt you to come for a look...

med_gallery_23208_3492_169438.jpg

Assembled and painted examples of kits D3 and N12.

• Like 9