Fenchurch St Peter

George Woodcock

Hello

Ballasting is now underway, a fairly long track possession but nobody has objected yet. Also the last unit , the 101 is now in works for re-numbering and detailing and weathering. Might make the first deadline OK.

Cheers

George                            

Hello

The 'Cloud Lady' has now finished painting the clouds on the final scenic board and a jolly wonderful job she has made of it. Ballasting continues.

Cheers

George

Goods shed at painting stage, before I add roof, glazing, doors, gutters etc.

Now off on my annual all line 1st class rover, so hopefully we are on schedule to finish the layout for the planned visit of a well known model railway magazine in November....

post-7045-0-64959700-1445027650_thumb.jpg

post-7045-0-41637600-1445027675_thumb.jpg

post-7045-0-20385300-1445027696_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Hello

I will get it painted and weathered while you are away John, have a good time and send me a post card.

Cheers

George

• RMweb Premium

Goods shed at painting stage, before I add roof, glazing, doors, gutters etc.

Now off on my annual all line 1st class rover, so hopefully we are on schedule to finish the layout for the planned visit of a well known model railway magazine in November....

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Nice work - who built it? (I think I recognise the bedside cabinet.............)

Hello

I will get it painted and weathered while you are away John, have a good time and send me a post card.

Cheers

George

I'll make sure he sends a postcard from Lancashire........ And yes - we do have postboxes and the Royal Mail in these parts.

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

The roof is now painted and weathered and will be fixed in place tomorrow with the last of the granite setts and final ballasting in place around it. Hopefully 'The Highland Laddie' pub should also be installed by early next week. Nearly there now as far as the scenic part is concerned. Hopefully in a couple of weeks time we shall be able to put all three scenic boards up and see it in all splendour. Photos will follow in the near future.

Cheers

George  

Hello

The goods shed is now in place and all associated work is complete. Tomorrow I shall be installing point rodding.

Cheers

George

• 4 weeks later...

Hello

Scenically the layout is now complete. Today was the first time the three scenic boards had been put up together. This was for a Railway Modeller photoshoot  which will go with an article in the March Edition,(out in February), to co-incide with the layout's first appearance at Model Rail Scotland in Glasgow. We still have some more parts to build and put together but these are the unglamorous ancillary bits though none less important.

Cheers

George 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Only 2 wires needed for DCC?............................

Not sure where we are going wrong!

You're obviously using 'Uncle George's' wiring diagram!!!!!

How is the old goat, back to his normal grumpy self I hope!!!!!

Regards

Chris

He is nearly back to full grumpiness Chris, thanks for asking.

• Like 1

Hello

Recovering, hopefully, Chris. Slowly but surely. The lighting rig for the layout will be finished tomorrow, signboard later in the week. I'm getting a bit confused as we are extending Towcester at the same time but I should be working on the scenery for the extension board next week. The two fiddle boards for Fenchurch should also be finished next week as well.

Cheers

George

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hello

Recovering, hopefully, Chris. Slowly but surely. The lighting rig for the layout will be finished tomorrow, signboard later in the week. I'm getting a bit confused as we are extending Towcester at the same time but I should be working on the scenery for the extension board next week. The two fiddle boards for Fenchurch should also be finished next week as well.

Cheers

George

Just don't get them mixed up!

Good to see you're getting better.

Cheers,

Mick

Hello

The two fiddleyard boards have made the journey from Johns garage to my house for final assembly and varnishing. Then we have to lay the track and wire them and then set it all up and see if it works.

Cheers

George 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

In the absence of Nobby John, (in Portugal), Today I finished the last carpentry bits on the two fiddle yards, I will start to varnish them tomorrow. Hopefully I should get the track laid in them before His Holiness returns from his travels.

Cheers

George

Hello

In the absence of Nobby John, (in Portugal), Today I finished the last carpentry bits on the two fiddle yards, I will start to varnish them tomorrow. Hopefully I should get the track laid in them before His Holiness returns from his travels.

Cheers

George

Didn't realise the Pope was visiting Portugal, hopefully he'll give me his blessing at Glasgow!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

Today I finished wiring up the fiddle yards after laying the track work. Due to the DMU's not having rear lights and being fitted with an oil lamp at one end we have to turn them each time so I am resurrecting  my small cassettes to make this task easier; this means that one of the tracks in each fiddle yard is just a short stub. Should get the wiring on the rest of the layout completed this weekend and then it will be time to put it all together and make sure it works. After all only three weeks to Glasgow!

Cheers

George

Hello

The layout is featured as Railway of the Month in the new Railway Modeller due out tomorrow.

Cheers

George

• Like 1