Fenchurch St Peter

George Woodcock

Hello

It is an EFE model. Price didn't matter as I got it for free. just realized when I looked at it that I weathered it a little and also put a zig-zag marker board on the back.

Cheers

George

Hello

Tell me where you live roughly and I will tell you when it is going to be near to you. Thanks for the kind comments, also thanks to every-one else as well for their kind words. Makes it all worthwhile.

Cheers

George

Hello

Tell me where you live roughly and I will tell you when it is going to be near to you. Thanks for the kind comments, also thanks to every-one else as well for their kind words. Makes it all worthwhile.

Cheers

George

Hi George,

West Cumbria (aka The Land of Nod).

Thanks

Ian B

Hello

Answers to two questions. Coal is not delivered to the grain store but fuel oil for to power the dryers is occasionally delivered in 35T tanks. Sadly Ian the layout will not be in the NW till 2020 at Preston. It will be at the NEC this year as well as shows over the Midlands, South and of course East Anglia over the next few years. To Lee in Bedford it will be at Peterborough in October. Thanks as ever for the interest and kind words.

Cheers

George

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello

Unless you count the Condemned/scrap wagons now on the did-used line at the back that used to be the SMJ line to Woodford Halse. These were weathered and detailed for us by our esteemed colleague Mr Richard Coleman.

Cheers

George

• Like 1

Hello

Unless you count the Condemned/scrap wagons now on the did-used line at the back that used to be the SMJ line to Woodford Halse. These were weathered and detailed for us by our esteemed colleague Mr Richard Coleman.

Cheers

George

These are some of the scrap/condemned wagons, however this is on our Towcester layout, not Fenchurch St Peter.

post-7045-0-50257600-1461353303_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

Hello

I obviously should have had an even longer holiday Paul. Oddly enough that was the gist of a message I received in The Virgin Islands, 'don't hurry back, in fact don't come back we can manage without you' . Good to be back though, off to Stowmarket on Sunday with Georgemas Jct and the A Team. Perhaps John could put the picture on the right thread. Oh almost forgot many thanks to you Paul and Adrian for doing such a great job at Trainwest.

Cheers

George

• 4 months later...

Hello

Fenchuch St Peter will be making it's second public appearance at the Mid Essex MRC show in Shenfield on September 17th. We will have a surprise guest operator helping to replace one of our regular brethren who has something better to do that day. See you there I hope.

Cheers

George

• 1 month later...

Hello

Fenchurch St Peter will be venturing out to Peterborough next weekend to appear at the National Festival of Railway Modelling. This will probably the closest it will be exhibited to the long closed station of Middle Drove which inspired the layout so it will be a bit of a sentimental journey for us. As usual we will have a celebrity guest operator with us. 

Cheers

George

• Like 3

Linda and I had a trip over to Peterborough today.  Amongst the layouts was this gem from George.  Up to Georges usual high standard.  

A couple of views from one end:

post-2484-0-85456300-1476568116_thumb.jpg

post-2484-0-73219600-1476568130_thumb.jpg

A 37 propels a brake tender into the platform:

post-2484-0-69549400-1476568159_thumb.jpg

Long shot of some Grain Hoppers:

post-2484-0-18973000-1476568180_thumb.jpg

The Guard has a chin wag with the Bobby:

post-2484-0-31891700-1476568202_thumb.jpg

Finally on the way home a stop off at Whittlesea showed a familiar look:

post-2484-0-23300600-1476568617_thumb.jpg

The use of sound that was not overpowering was very effective.  Well done.

• Like 6

Linda and I had a trip over to Peterborough today. Amongst the layouts was this gem from George. Up to Georges usual high standard.

A couple of views from one end:

attachicon.gifFSP 017.jpg

attachicon.gifFSP 020.jpg

A 37 propels a brake tender into the platform:

attachicon.gifFSP 021.jpg

Long shot of some Grain Hoppers:

attachicon.gifFSP 028.jpg

The Guard has a chin wag with the Bobby:

attachicon.gifFSP 037.jpg

Finally on the way home a stop off at Whittlesea showed a familiar look:

attachicon.gifFSP 069S.jpg

The use of sound that was not overpowering was very effective. Well done.

Don't worry about nobby who built the boards, wired the layout, built the control panel, built the goods shed, station building and pub, otherwise I agree it is up to Georges high standard Edited by Nobby (John)

• RMweb Premium

Don't worry about nobby who built the boards, wired the layout, built the control panel, built the goods shed, station building and pub, otherwise I agree it is up to Georges high standard

John. Let it go.....