Fenchurch St Peter

George Woodcock

Hello

This all depends on your definition of East Anglia. In the 'Companion Guide to East Anglia' the author John Seymour said that East Anglia consisted of Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire. I live in Northamptonshire which is not in East Anglia, in fact it does not appear to fit easily into any area but in TV terms we are part of Look East as is Buckinghamshire and Hertfordshire none of which are in the East. The old Soke of Peterborough was in Northamptonshire until the early sixties when it moved to Cambridgeshire where it  is now. So by John Seymour's definition Peterborough is in East Anglia. In my previous post I said Spalding was in East Anglia which, being in Lincolnshire, is obviously incorrect. The Fens as portrayed in Fenchurch St Peter cover the counties of Cambridgeshire, Norfolk and Lincolnshire so they too are not all in East Anglia. Fenchurch being in Cambridgeshire is however in East Anglia. The Fenland region is flat with big skies and is  the archetypal East Anglian landscape. This is definitely not the case. Large parts of Norfolk and Suffolk are rolling countryside admittedly without ant areas of very high ground. Anyway  I love the landscapes of Eastern England just as much as the mountains of the north and west. Those big skies always do it for me. Sorry to ramble on Stewart but that's the way I am.

Cheers

George   

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Hello

Fenchurch is now ready to be loaded tomorrow morning for it's journey to Stafford. A show we always enjoy both as visitors and exhibitors.

IPA !

cheers

George

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

After it's successful outing to Stafford the layout was damaged on it's return to base. I am glad to say that it has now been repaired and is back in full working order. Thanks to Richard for his help in doing this rather delicate job. The layout now has a rest till July when it will be appearing at Railex North-East.

Cheers

George  

• Like 3

Hello

The only person to blame was me Terry but as I said it is all back to normal now. Just a few bits of greenery to put on this morning and a good clean of the track.

Cheers

George

• 1 month later...

Hello

Fenchurch St Peter will feature in the next edition of Rail Express Modeller and will contain some outstanding photos by Ian Manderson. 

Cheers

George

• RMweb Gold

Hello

Fenchurch St Peter will feature in the next edition of Rail Express Modeller and will contain some outstanding photos by Ian Manderson. 

Cheers

George

So that will be 3 magazine articles in just over a year! Good going! ;)

Richard copes by running the layout

While George talks to anybody who will listen. Nobby is busy complaining about how his name has been missed off on the layout owners bit in the show guide to all.

Still it's a good layout.

Have fun

Steve

• Like 1