Fenchurch St Peter

George Woodcock

John was in issue 217, centre page pin up, they used a class 37 to preserve his modesty, very tasteful I thought

George turned them down

John used to get me copies from his "Europe" trips, Smiffs in Northampton stopped selling it, have every issue

RC

Ah the irrelevant post police have found us.

To get it back on track.

When I was speaking to George he was on about perhaps forming a sand train. Are you any further forward with it have you decided on suitable wagons.

Hello

Still thinking about it Steve. The wagon I would use is a hopper kit available from Wizard models but it is a bit of a longer term project due to pressure of other projects; and of course caring for John.

Cheers

George

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

Fenchurch article in Rail Express Modeller is now on sale. As I said a little while back the pictures by Ian Manderson are superb and well worth a view. 

Cheers

George

Hello Steve

I confess, I wrote it. The others do all the hard work. Glad you liked it. Time to build  a new layout now.

Cheers

George

Hello Steve

I confess, I wrote it. The others do all the hard work. Glad you liked it. Time to build  a new layout now.

Cheers

George

Any ideas for what your new layout might be? Location? Era?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

The two Mk 1s are indeed a BSK and an SK. That is what the two in the TVP DVD appear to be. As for the next layout there are two in the planning stage, one being smaller is nearer to starting than the second. The first is another East Anglian layout circa 1965  which will use some of the stock from Fenchurch with a few additions. The second will be set in Northumberland in the mid/late 80s and like our Towcester layout is another 'what if' journey. That will not be about for a couple of years and will also depend on my health as indeed will the exhibiting of our current layouts. Thanks as usual for your interest.

Cheers

George   

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

George

You may be interested to know that the Transport Treasury has uploaded some photos on the Wisbech to Kings Lynn (via Magdelan Road) line during the period of your layout. They look to be taken around the same time as Andrew Ingram's photos or maybe even slightly earlier

The link is here:

http://thetransporttreasury.zenfolio.com/p115925132 

The references for the photos taken on the line are as follows:

D477 D5522 tn frt Smeeth Road

D1582 March-bound DMU at Emneth

D247 D5573 tn Emneth

D458 March-bound DMU lvg Emneth

D1643 Peterborough-bound DMU at Middle Drove

D1644 March-bound DMU entg Middle Drove

D130 Derby DMU at Middle Drove stn

D493 March-bound DMU entg Middle Drove stn

D1122 March-bound DMU & Kings Lynn-bound DMU at Middle Drove