Fenchurch St Peter

George Woodcock

Hello

Thanks very much for the link Ben. Very interesting collection of pictures, as you say probably taken around the same time as the Andrew Ingram pictures. It is good to know that a relatively remote branch-line was recorded so well. This was also one of the aims of building the layout.

Cheers

Georgei

• 1 month later...

Hello

Sorry Ben but I don't. It was not a regular working but ran on this route at the whim of the signallers though we run it and a possibly fictional northbound working as often as we think is reasonable.

Cheers

George

Hello

Fenchurch St  Peter will be travelling to the north-East in a couple of weeks time to appear at the splendid Railex North-East Show. Say hello if you are there.

Cheers

George

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello

The Eastern Counties signs as well as the Fenchurch St Peter nameboards on the signal box  were made by James Barraclough at Track-side Signs to whom we always owe a large debt of gratitude.

Cheers

George

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello

For any-one who is interested Fenchurch St Peter will be at the Bury St Edmunds Model  Railway exhibition this coming Saturday. Please say hello.

Cheers

George

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello

Most of the blues on the layout  are the Haig branded version though a few have had the boards removed. They used to belong to the late Keith Wright and were bought when his extensive stock was dispersed. I feel  very proud to have them and to continue to see them running. Fenchurch will be out next on 11th and 12th of November at Spalding which is about as close as you can get to Middle Drove which was the inspiration for the layout. If you come along please say hello. 

Cheers

George

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello

Sorry for the delay in replying Nigel but I have been abroad for the last few weeks. I haven't received any messages that I can see so please try again.

Cheers

George

• 5 weeks later...

Hello

Fenchurch St Peter will be appearing at the Weston-Super-Mare Model Railway show this coming Sunday January 14th.

Cheers

George

• 1 month later...

Hello

Fenchurch will be at the East Anglian exhibition at Huntingdon next weekend.

Cheers

George

• Like 1

Hello

Cheers

George

So will I hopefully!!

• Like 1

Hello

Phew! At least I won't be alone. Make sure you have your passport Richard. See you both on Saturday.

Cheers

George

Hello

Cheers

George

That the animal rescue place?

That the animal rescue place?

Thats the one, they still have one or two of the animals they rescued from amongst the visitors to last year's show....and even more exhibitors

• Like 1

Hello

Probably be a few more after this years show.

Cheers

George

• 7 months later...

Hello

Fenchurch St Peter will be appearing at Sudbury Model Rail exhibition tomorrow, October 6th. Sadly, due to my continued ill health I will not be there but the layout will be in the more than capable hands of it's co-owners John Norton and Richard Coleman. If you see them say hello.

cheers

George

Hello

Glad you enjoyed the layout, as you were no doubt informed I wasn't there due to health issues, which are now slowly improving. Any problems were probably down to the operators. I hope to be back at the controls in November when the layout makes it's final appearance this year at Blackburn. Sorry to have missed you but hopefully we can catch up somewhere in the future.

Cheers

George

• Like 1

Had a great time at Sudbury, as George mentioned, a few operator errors but not to bad

Sutton Loco Works Class 24 attracted a lot of interest

It was a great show, very friendly and lots of interest in the layout

Richard

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

After it's recent visit to East Anglia Fenchurch St Peter will be heding north To the Blackburn Model Railway Exhibition on November 10/11th. For the first time in nearly six months I shall be out with the layout, or any other layout for that matter and I am very much looking forward to operating our trainset.  Any-one on here who is going to the show please say hello. As well as myself and the lovely John Norton we shall be joined by our star celebrity guest operator. See you there.

Cheers

George

orge

• Like 2